Cal-Sag Channel Search #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Spanky, are you talking about the Romeoville Prairie Nature Preserve? It's about 1/2 mile east of Route 53 on Romeo Road, right by Leo's.
Thank you! That is the place. We were there on a beautiful day and took a hike back in some secluded areas, which have many hidden bodies of water. Most of these areas are roped off but we snuck under the chains and went exploring. That day there was a pretty big event, Fur Trade re-enactment.

Thanks Randy..I am surprised the FBI was involved with Stacy's search. I thought we had read earlier that the FBI was involved in Kathleen's ? I must have confused the two or are they working on both now?

From an article last week the FBI is here to investigate both cases. The article pointed out that they are to investigate Stacy's disappearance and to investigate the flawed initial investigation into Kathleen's death.

On Greta's show last night, I was surprised to hear the opinion that the only clue leading to the search of the canal was a cell phone ping from Drew's phone!

I was hoping someone had reported seeing one of the cars in that vicinity!

We assume that Drew would be too smart to carry a turned on cell phone with him while dumping a dead body, don't we?

He's smart enough to send someone over there with his cell phone though to misdirect Le from his real position.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

On Greta's show last night, I was surprised to hear the opinion that the only clue leading to the search of the canal was a cell phone ping from Drew's phone!

We assume that Drew would be too smart to carry a turned on cell phone with him while dumping a dead body, don't we?

He's smart enough to send someone over there with his cell phone though to misdirect Le from his real position. I hope I'm wrong about this.

I, too, think the canal search is a wild goose chase. I think everything DP did, assuming he murdered his wife, was carefully calculated, and the ping was also calculated. The "ping" is costing taxpayers millions for no Stacy.

I believe the ping was the same time when Stacy's sister called Drew and did talk to him.

He's smart enough to send someone over there with his cell phone though to misdirect Le from his real position.

I hope I'm wrong about this.

I'm wondering where all the opinions about how "smart" he is are coming from? Based on WHAT??? The murder of Kathleen was sloppy, ill-planned, and if weren't for friends on the force and lazy cops, it would have been solved easily. He left BRUISES all over her! He allowed his wife to find him gone, and CALL HIM. he was caught undressing with a bag of womens' clothes!!! And this one isn't any better. He botched a first attempt with that gun. He messed up the timeline. He got caught by Cassandra's phone call. He allowed blue plastic to scratch his SUV. He got caught funneling money to his son. He got caught in a lie about where he was by Cassandra. The list goes on and on.

I honestly haven't seen ONE brilliant thing yet. Not one! Just speculation about how brilliant he "must" be. I don't mean to be offensive, I just don't get where this man is smart. Help me out!

I'm wondering where all the opinions about how "smart" he is are coming from? Based on WHAT??? The murder of Kathleen was sloppy, ill-planned, and if weren't for friends on the force and lazy cops, it would have been solved easily. He left BRUISES all over her! He allowed his wife to find him gone, and CALL HIM. he was caught undressing with a bag of womens' clothes!!! And this one isn't any better. He botched a first attempt with that gun. He messed up the timeline. He got caught by Cassandra's phone call. He allowed blue plastic to scratch his SUV. He got caught funneling money to his son. He got caught in a lie about where he was by Cassandra. The list goes on and on.

I honestly haven't seen ONE brilliant thing yet. Not one! Just speculation about how brilliant he "must" be. I don't mean to be offensive, I just don't get where this man is smart. Help me out!

Well said!

Well, I would have thought most cops had enough sense to turn off their cell while dumping a body, but let's hope you are right and Drew isn't so smart after all!!

SNIP

He left BRUISES all over her! He allowed his wife to find him gone, and CALL HIM. he was caught undressing with a bag of womens' clothes!!! And this one isn't any better. He botched a first attempt with that gun. He messed up the timeline. He got caught by Cassandra's phone call. He allowed blue plastic to scratch his SUV. He got caught funneling money to his son. He got caught in a lie about where he was by Cassandra. The list goes on and on.

Making defamatory statements in a public forum is not smart either.

There are different kinds of "smart" and different ways to be "smart". A psychologist might say that you thinking someone is "smart", is because your IQ level is lower, so you WOULD think that person is smart, even though he/she really is not, etc.

IF DP has gotten away with more than one murder in the last 10 years, than IMO he was smart, or, every one else was dumb.

He might have done some smart manuverings with Stacy, (i.e. the killing, the hiding of the body, etc.) but IMO, he also made some mistakes. The reason that DP is where he is right now, is because of Cassandra and the exhumation of Kathleen's body. Had neither of those events happened, DP could very well have been adding another murder on to another year and gotten away with it.

What is frustrating all of us, is not knowing how many "red herrings" DP has put out there to LE and all others that are so involved in this case. It is a very time consuming process to eliminate those "red herrings" that DP did put out.

Is that smart? Absolutely! (In a LE's/criminal's mind)

Sorry, I feel like I've been gone forever!! Gotta catch up!

There are different kinds of "smart" and different ways to be "smart". A psychologist might say that you thinking someone is "smart", is because your IQ level is lower, so you WOULD think that person is smart, even though he/she really is not, etc.

IF DP has gotten away with more than one murder in the last 10 years, than IMO he was smart, or, every one else was dumb.

He might have done some smart manuverings with Stacy, (i.e. the killing, the hiding of the body, etc.) but IMO, he also made some mistakes. The reason that DP is where he is right now, is because of Cassandra and the exhumation of Kathleen's body. Had neither of those events happened, DP could very well have been adding another murder on to another year and gotten away with it.

What is frustrating all of us, is not knowing how many "red herrings" DP has put out there to LE and all others that are so involved in this case. It is a very time consuming process to eliminate those "red herrings" that DP did put out.

Is that smart? Absolutely! (In a LE's/criminal's mind)

Sorry, I feel like I've been gone forever!! Gotta catch up!

I'm still not convinced they are red herrings. I don't see him as coming across as smart at all. Funny how he tried to put Stacy down as being less than intelligent, when that's how HE comes off.

I'm still not convinced they are red herrings. I don't see him as coming across as smart at all. Funny how he tried to put Stacy down as being less than intelligent, when that's how HE comes off.

There are different types of "smart." I doubt that DP is Harvard smart but "street" smart, yes. Actually, maybe it's not exactly "street" smart but rather "on the job training" smart. He knows the criminal mind, knows what cops look for, knows the justice system. He's repeated these processes for 32 years. Maybe this is his final exam.

Trino:

That kind of smart too. I didn't add that to my "smart" posting above. But should have!! Thanks!

You know, when he puts Stacy down it only makes himself look ignorant. If he's so bright, wonder why he didn't hook up with a neurosurgeon? If he's brilliant and Stacy was dumb, what on earth would they talk about? Everyone talks about what a dumbo Steve Carcerano is. Hey, these are Drew's people...the dumb attract the dumb. Why would Drew always choose such young women? Because they haven't accumulated worldly wisdom yet. What an idiot. Okay, Drew......sue me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1
Back