California Wildfires 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
107 here today. Ranch2 fire still burning a town over. 20% containment.
We are in for another hot one tomorrow.
It is overcast like it will rain here, only it's the smoke cover.

Stay safe, my friend. I hate that this is becoming a regular thing.

WS threads:

California Wildfires 2020

California Wildfires 2019

California Wildfires 2018

California Fires 2017

CA - Wind-Driven Thomas Fire Explodes to 31,000 Acres; 150 Structures Destroyed, 2017

—-

Eta: @charminglane, article from 2018:

California Has Had A Monster Wildfire Every Year For The Past 7 Years

—-

Link to Colorado thread for anyone who may be interested:

Colorado Wildfires 2020

Last edited:

I hate that it has become a bad trend each year now with devastating fires in California.

Stay safe Charminglane and Dawookie any other California locals.

I hate that it has become a bad trend each year now with devastating fires in California.

Stay safe Charminglane and Dawookie any other California locals.
Thank you for the well wishes Hatfield. Unfortunately living in an area where I'm surrounded by mountains, it's a yearly thing. I've lived here for 42 years and when were kids, it was a summertime tradition to sit on the roofs and watch the fires at night. This one was so bad because it exploded in a few hours. I had woken up right after it started and it was at 50 acres, went back to sleep and three hours later it was almost 10000 acres. It's an area that hadn't burned in years and that's bad combined with the terrain, heat and wind that day. I've got a friend who's been evacuated and she's still not sure if her house survived or not.

California's oldest state park has been extensively damaged by wildfires - CNN

A series of lightning-sparked wildfires has devastated California's oldest state park. :(

Big Basin Redwoods State Park endured extensive damage from the CZU Lightning Complex Fire in Santa Cruz on Tuesday, according to a press release from the California Department of Parks and Recreation.
Several historic structures including the headquarters building, main lodge, ranger station and nature museum were damaged or destroyed. A store maintenance shop, park residences and campground bathrooms were also damaged or destroyed, officials said.

‘It’s Hard to See Your Memories Burn’: Loss From Wildfires Grows in California

Heartbreaking photos.

Last edited:
I feel so sad for what is going on in Northern California with these horrible fires. My husband and I used to go to LA at least a couple times a year ( in the 90's and early 2000s)-- i loved it there - the mountains are amazing. My heart is breaking for lives lost, the destruction of land and homes, and all of the people who are displaced ---- After 9/11
I stopped getting on airplanes so i haven't been back to California since 2000-

A good friend of mine got out just in time in the LNU Complex fire on Friday. Of all 93 homes along his rural road, only his was left standing. He is grateful but now suffers survivor's guilt. His photographs are shocking.
It's all so heartbreaking.
Where I am is also a fire zone, along the coast. We've had 4 fires so far, but fortunately they were quickly controlled...luckily access is good, notwithstanding the numerous canyons and dry hillsides.
I see helicopters go by every day, checking.
There's no horizon, air is smokey.
Take care, all of you in harms way.

A good friend of mine got out just in time in the LNU Complex fire on Friday. Of all 93 homes along his rural road, only his was left standing. He is grateful but now suffers survivor's guilt. His photographs are shocking.
It's all so heartbreaking.
Where I am is also a fire zone, along the coast. We've had 4 fires so far, but fortunately they were quickly controlled...luckily access is good, notwithstanding the numerous canyons and dry hillsides.
I see helicopters go by every day, checking.
There's no horizon, air is smokey.
Take care, all of you in harms way.

My heart breaks for you and all who are caught up in the horror 0f these fires. At one time I wanted to retire in Santa Clarita--- i absolutely love it there------ Please take care of yourself.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Owlsorflowers
Back