California Wildfires 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
We are doing ok. It has been a rough 9 days.
Go bag is still packed.
The mountains behind and above my house now look like a coyote with mange.
I am working from home this week due to the heavy smoke in the air. Today was so bad I boiled an apple with cinnamon and cloves on the stove to help dilute the campfire stink.
Evacuation order has been lifted, people can go home but we all remain under warning.
Grateful to every person that has helped out to combat this monstrous fire on our beautiful hillsides.

Thank you so much for thinking of me!

Go bag is still packed.
I am working from home this week due to the heavy smoke in the air. Today was so bad I boiled an apple with cinnamon and cloves on the stove to help dilute the campfire stink.
Evacuation order has been lifted, people can go home but we all remain under warning.
Grateful to every person that has helped out to combat this monstrous fire on our beautiful hillsides.

Wow. I can’t imagine. I’m used to the go bag (even our fam cat has one) from hurricanes, but fire is a whole ‘nother animal. I’m glad you are alive & have a kitchen & stove to boil in! Keep us posted...

Go bag is still packed.

I'm glad you checked in, and glad to hear you are OK. I hope air gets better soon!

Go bag is still packed.

Glad to hear youre safe and ok. My boss go evacuated today from it when it dropped down into Juniper Hills. Hopefully they can get a handle on this thing quick

Go bag is still packed.

I have been thinking about you too and meant to get over here sooner.

This is all such a bad deal.

Please keep us posted.

After a week of awful smoke we have RAIN in Oregon! I'm so happy right now I have tears and just had to post this somewhere. All of a sudden we heard drops last night so went out to move and cover things outside. Then the rain stopped and there was almost continuous thunder and lightning. It was beautiful yet terrifying. It was also really gross and sad to have the windows closed during a very rare summer thunderstorm! People on social media were freaking out about the rain and the possibility of fires sparking due to the lightning and there was a rumor that a local mountaintop was on fire and the gates were padlocked shut.

The power was going on and off so this mama popped a Unisom and got in bed for an old-fashioned Candy Crush marathon until it kicked in. We awoke to beautifully "moderate" air quality and more rain yet to come. I have the window open for the first time in over a week! It's blissful and I wish the same peace and sense of normalcy for the many who are still suffering right now. It takes a real toll on your mental health even if you're not directly in the danger zone, so my heart goes out even more to those of you who are facing such terror and unpredictability. <3 <3 <3

After a week of awful smoke we have RAIN in Oregon! I'm so happy right now I have tears and just had to post this somewhere. All of a sudden we heard drops last night so went out to move and cover things outside. Then the rain stopped and there was almost continuous thunder and lightning. It was beautiful yet terrifying. It was also really gross and sad to have the windows closed during a very rare summer thunderstorm! People on social media were freaking out about the rain and the possibility of fires sparking due to the lightning and there was a rumor that a local mountaintop was on fire and the gates were padlocked shut.

The power was going on and off so this mama popped a Unisom and got in bed for an old-fashioned Candy Crush marathon until it kicked in. We awoke to beautifully "moderate" air quality and more rain yet to come. I have the window open for the first time in over a week! It's blissful and I wish the same peace and sense of normalcy for the many who are still suffering right now. It takes a real toll on your mental health even if you're not directly in the danger zone, so my heart goes out even more to those of you who are facing such terror and unpredictability. <3 <3 <3

Great news!

Firefighter dies battling wildfire sparked by gender-reveal party pyrotechnics

A firefighter has died battling the gender reveal fire: this particular fire makes me even sicker than the others, though they all are horrible, but this fire never had to to start in the first place, but for ignorant fools and their gender reveal event. As I said before I hope these people are found and severely punished, though as Gitana indicated, they will probably get a slap on the wrist.

Firefighter dies battling wildfire sparked by gender-reveal party pyrotechnics

A firefighter has died battling the gender reveal fire: this particular fire makes me even sicker than the others, though they all are horrible, but this fire never had to to start in the first place, but for ignorant fools and their gender reveal event. As I said before I hope these people are found and severely punished, though as Gitana indicated, they will probably get a slap on the wrist.
I’m hoping for a civil suit. Irresponsible beyond belief. Jmo

As of this morning, the Bobcat fire is over 91000 acres and 15% contained. Mandatory evacuation orders for more areas in the communities along the 138 as it continues to burn into the Antelope Valley. They running the Super Scoopers trying to get a handle on it before winds really pick up today

So just got home from running some errands and oh man has this fire made a fast run to the west. It's probably 5-7 miles farther west than I originally thought and from where it was jumping retardant lines this morning.

Edit: just saw new evacuation warnings and orders and it's definitely much farther west. The newest evacuation warnings are about 9 miles west and a few miles north of where it was jumping the retardant lines.

Last edited:
My evacuation warning was lifted yesterday, and we had somewhat blue skies again!
It makes up for the dang earthquake, which made the crack in the wall behind my bed get a tad wider. I found some things that had fallen when I woke up and looked around yesterday morning before work.
I am directly north of El Monte where the earthquake was centered, and DIRECTLY south of the Bobcat at one of its lowest points.
Waiting for the typhoon to strike next, after the giant band of rogue hippos gets rounded up.

Joking aside, let's hold up the El Dorado firefighter to the light and keep that extraordinary person's family in our hearts.
There is so much more work to be done to fight these fires-everyone is sacrificing.

My evacuation warning was lifted yesterday, and we had somewhat blue skies again!
It makes up for the dang earthquake, which made the crack in the wall behind my bed get a tad wider. I found some things that had fallen when I woke up and looked around yesterday morning before work.
I am directly north of El Monte where the earthquake was centered, and DIRECTLY south of the Bobcat at one of its lowest points.
Waiting for the typhoon to strike next, after the giant band of rogue hippos gets rounded up.

Joking aside, let's hold up the El Dorado firefighter to the light and keep that extraordinary person's family in our hearts.
There is so much more work to be done to fight these fires-everyone is sacrificing.

I’m glad things are sort of looking up for you @charminglane. You are really in the center of the bullseye. Please keep us posted about any rogue hippo sightings. :p I know the feeling of “what next?”!

I can’t imagine going through life knowing that my stupid “gender reveal” stunt has caused so much destruction and killed a brave firefighter. Unbelievable what people will do!

Here’s hoping for an early rain.

It's good to hear your evacuation order was lifted and the air is better. But you didn't need an earthquake!

We got a message from a relative in Oregon (Salem area) that they had two nights of welcome rain that cleared the air. But the fires continue to burn.

Praying for the firefighters and everyone endangered by the fires.

It's good to hear your evacuation order was lifted and the air is better. But you didn't need an earthquake!

We got a message from a relative in Oregon (Salem area) that they had two nights of welcome rain that cleared the air. But the fires continue to burn.

Praying for the firefighters and everyone endangered by the fires.

No rain yet in Southern Oregon. But we did have blue skies today...which could change with the wind. No one is out of the woods on the west coast yet. We still have to get through October.

No rain yet in Southern Oregon. But we did have blue skies today...which could change with the wind. No one is out of the woods on the west coast yet. We still have to get through October.
Had blue skies this morning but then the wind changed and that went away. Yesterday half the AV had blue skies and the Easter part was covered in smoke because the winds were blowing to the north taking all the smoke straight over the eastern side

MVIMG_20200922_062544.jpg

View this morning coming home. Surprised they didn't have the planes up yet, was hoping to get some footage of that. Fortunately my boss and some friends homes are safe but unfortunately there's quite a few homes that didn't make it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back