Found Deceased Cambodia - Amelia Bambridge, 21, UK backpacker, Koh Rong, 23 Oct 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Six men quizzed over backpacker's disappearance

"
Noun Bunthol, the governor of Koh Rong, said no charges had been filed against the six men.

He said police had received a note from some Western visitors alleging the men had acted badly toward foreign tourists in the past, especially women."

This to me reads that they were arrested more on basis of this note, rather than any actual link to the potential crime

I really don't think that tourism will hurt the island.

When my daughter backpacked through Thailand she texted me from Koh Lanta and told me she was going to travel up to Koh Tao and spend a few days. I know through WS that it's called the "death island" and I had to point out that I was concerned and that there was still a number of tourists missing or dead on that island, but it didn't stop her, nor the hundreds of thousands of other backpackers who have since visited the island.

Last edited:
Six men quizzed over backpacker's disappearance

"
Noun Bunthol, the governor of Koh Rong, said no charges had been filed against the six men.

He said police had received a note from some Western visitors alleging the men had acted badly toward foreign tourists in the past, especially women."

This to me reads that they were arrested more on basis of this note, rather than any actual link to the potential crime

I think there were tourist reviews at the hostel Amelia was staying at where they mentioned a few men working in the hostels or bars who were aggressive with them. Seems the Cambodian police hauled them in for questioning, not they they were determined to be involved.

Amelia carrying her bag at the beach party:
thumbnail

Her last known pic at the party. Is she still carrying her bag?
72690005_2390738117841436_3494085233941151744_n.jpg

And then searchers don't find her bag on the rock, but they find her backpack/rucksack instead? Seriously?

Amelia carrying her bag at the beach party:
thumbnail

Her last known pic at the party. Is she still carrying her bag?
72690005_2390738117841436_3494085233941151744_n.jpg

And then searchers don't find her bag on the rock, but they find her backpack/rucksack instead? Seriously?

Its fishy no doubt about it.

From this photo I am also trying to establish what she was drinking at the club. It looks like a brand of cheap SE Asian beer. She would no doubt would have had pre-drinks at the hostel if she intended on going hard on the drink for the night. She doesn't appear hammered from this photo, just a normal girly pose for the camera.

Perhaps she lost her bag here at the club and a bag was later placed at the rock when the alarm was raised that she had gone missing, in order to deflect any potential blame of her disappearance to the club.

Last edited:
Is this credible or have they just rounded up the local waifs and strays to make it look like they are doing something. Because a couple of days ago they said she has drowned. Now Amelia6s body hasn't been located they've changed their tune.

I agree with you on this, really hope she is found soon and if she has been harmed the right person is charged but I'm not very trusting that it will happen.

So are far as I can see the backpack that was found on the rocks is not shown in any photos/ videos.

So did she take a backpack AND a smaller cross over bag and this bag is still missing, or did she take the back pack and those photos with the over shoulder bag are not from that night.

If I was the family I would want to know where that over the shoulder bag is?! Because it certainly isn't that blue floral looking backpack that was found.

For females in the UK our money is kept in a purse, for guys, it's a wallet. All our bits and bobs, including purse, phone, lipstick, etc are stored in our handbag
I understood that the across the chest bag she had on in the picture was what was referred to as her purse and that the backpack that was found on the rock held the rest of the things listed. Whether one was found inside the other on the rock, I cannot say because there was mention that her purse was found at the Police beach club by her friends.
Wherever they were found is confusing at best.

Last edited:
The floral bag isn't a backpack. It's a small cross-body bag, much like this: UO Mini Red Cross Body Bag

In the photo of the bag here, you can see someone's finger in the background. It's small: Bag of missing Amelia Bambridge found near beach where she vanished | Metro News

I can't find the exact one online because it's old season, but the Urban Outfitters UO-76 bag is a common, popular design and always looks similar, with a long cross-body strap. Her purse is pictured along with the other contents of the bag: it's a small coin-purse, a clasp-top purse with a cat's face on it: Father of missing British backpacker Amelia Bambridge believes she was abducted | Daily Mail Online

It might be due to the press reporting that the bag is a rucksack, or confusion in terminology (in the UK a purse holds money; it's not a handbag) but there isn't a second, still missing bag.

EDIT: I've attached a photo of Amelia wearing the bag. As you can see, it's not a rucksack.

Attachments

• E4C44CE9-D6DF-4D8A-8280-3F0999DD3D42.jpeg
    E4C44CE9-D6DF-4D8A-8280-3F0999DD3D42.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:
The floral bag isn't a backpack. It's a small cross-body bag, much like this: UO Mini Red Cross Body Bag

In the photo of the bag here, you can see someone's finger in the background. It's small: Bag of missing Amelia Bambridge found near beach where she vanished | Metro News

I can't find the exact one online because it's old season, but the Urban Outfitters UO-76 bag is a common, popular design and always looks similar, with a long cross-body strap. Her purse is pictured along with the other contents of the bag: it's a small coin-purse, a clasp-top purse with a cat's face on it: Father of missing British backpacker Amelia Bambridge believes she was abducted | Daily Mail Online

It might be due to the press reporting that the bag is a rucksack, or confusion in terminology (in the UK a purse holds money; it's not a handbag) but there isn't a second, still missing bag.

EDIT: I've attached a photo of Amelia wearing the bag. As you can see, it's not a rucksack.
Thanks for clarifying! Now it makes sense.

Nice! Well that solves the bag mystery.

It's a bit grim, but have all of the AC rooms at the hostel she was staying at, and on her way home, been checked? If she lost her bag and wanted to go to bed, she'd have needed to speak to someone to gain help/access to her room.

If the local tourist workers have a reputation for being sex pests, there's a strong possibility one of them could have convinced her to sleep it off in an empty room until things could be sorted in the morning, got her in, and something's gone wrong from there.

It's also possible that the same could have happened with a tourist, if he'd offered her a place to stay for the night. Often hostels will be happy to be paid upfront for a week or two and they don't send in cleaners as you'd expect in a hotel.

This pic was taken at the beach party where Amelia disappeared. According to her family, this is the last pic taken with her phone and sent to her sister (or placed in her social media).
Amelia is wearing her tropical shirt and she might also be carrying her purple bag (not clear).
20216644-7616263-image-m-128_1572096237683.jpg

I, for one, still need help on the bag thing. Then how did the bag get to the rock?
Her friends said a purse Amelia used on the night was found in the early hours of Thursday morning in a bar where the party was held – a 40 minute walk from her hostel, the Nest Beach Club.
Bag of missing Amelia Bambridge found near beach where she vanished | Metro News

I wonder if this is just something being lost in translation. The bars extend down to the shoreline, so saying "the bag/purse was found at the bar" could mean it was found on rocks directly outside, but still considered to be part of the bar's territory. Photos of Police Beach show the rocks. If the bag was by the bar, I can imagine someone saying "the bag was found at the bar" as opposed to at her hostel or in the jungle. Remember there's going to be a lot of second-hand knowledge getting to the press, and few Khmer speak perfect English. It's also possible that someone initially found it on the rocks and handed it in at the bar, in which case "the bag was found in the bar" and "the bag was found on the rocks" are true, in a way.

Having been to similar parties myself, it wouldn't be unusual for a group to go for a paddle or a drink/smoke somewhere a bit further from the music, put down a bag and forget it, then wander back without realising at first. Most people there are going to be drunk and high. I expect there are multiple bag/phone/wallet losses every time one of these parties happens.

Personally I think Amelia lost her bag, decided she'd had enough and wanted to go to bed, then came to some kind of harm.

Not that they should be viewed with suspicion, but I think it's pretty odd that no-one she was with on the night has spoken to the press yet. She's clearly pictured with people and they'd know what state she was in, if she'd lost her bag, who she'd been talking to, etc.

She was seen with the bag at the bar, her friends said she left it at the bar and it was found at the bar. She was seen going to the bar but not leaving.
So did something happen to her at the bar or just outside of the area and someone who knew it was her bag, go get it and stage it to look like she had gone for a swim in another location.
Incidentally, since this was an open air bar, ( not inside a building) where were the bathrooms? Down a path behind the bar but still within the grounds of Police beach? What if she was snatched on the way to the bathroom or coming back. I can't imagine she would announce where she was going, she would just be gone.

At least 20 people quizzed over disappearance of British tourist in Cambodia

Ms Bambridge’s bag was found with money and a mobile phone still inside on a rock near the water’s edge on Police Beach. The phone shows she posted photos online until 3.23am but her movements after that time are not known.

The search had been expanded to cover nearby islands and farther offshore in the Gulf of Thailand on Tuesday.

Both local and foreign volunteers are also helping, while local fishermen and neighbouring provinces in southwestern Cambodia have been alerted.

Ms Bambridge set off on her trip on 27 September, when she flew to Vietnam.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollyKM
Back