Canada - 10 dead and at least 15 wounded in stabbing attacks in Saskatchewan, 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is correct. Speed limit is 110km where the pursuit took place. Rosthern is just a few minutes away from me.

You're still gonna raise some eyebrows going 40 over even if it's not completely uncommon.
Fair enough. 150 on a 400 series in Ontario would barely get a second glance. And the limit is 100.

Fair enough. 150 on a 400 series in Ontario would barely get a second glance. And the limit is 100.
If the 400 series is 120km/ph though, then it would as you say barely get a glance. But if it was less then that then it would be different IMO.

If the 400 series is 120km/ph though, then it would as you say barely get a glance. But if it was less then that then it would be different IMO.
The max speed limit on the 400 series is not 120km/hr. The max speed limit on the 400 series in 100km/hr.

I don’t have a source for my observations - but I’m speaking from lots of experience - maybe any other Ontarians in here could add their thoughts.

The question that I have is was he driving 150 km/hr the whole time that would say if it was more than fleeing becaue yeah, it would definately catch attention. Specifically sections of highway that were lower in speed.
IIRC there aren't any slower sections between the outskirts of PA and Saskatoon.

As someone who drives on both reasonably frequently the difference is traffic density. Someone whipping past on a 400 series surrounded by traffic is way less interesting than someone blasting past you on SK 11 when there's not much else to pay attention to.

Edit: That plus in recent years Sask RCMP have been ticketing for 130 out there more frequently.

Not suicide by cop but travelling @ 150km is certainly a way to attract attention.

Folks drive pretty fast on those roads, so I'm not sure he would stand out too much.
The max speed limit on the 400 series is not 120km/hr. The max speed limit on the 400 series in 100km/hr.

I don’t have a source for my observations - but I’m speaking from lots of experience - maybe any other Ontarians in here could add their thoughts.
The speed limit was raised recently to 110 on some 400 series.

Thanks, because actually I'm not sure what a 400 series is but 120km/hr is max on some highways so that I can see being not such a biggie. But some jurisdictions are tough on speeding over 10 or 20km/hr over the speed limit. But again we don't know what section he was in. In my area if people go over 20 km/hr its a big deal and people will get speeding tickets, there's no question about it.

Moo: Lots of people in towns around this area leave their keys in the car. Not much property theft aside from when people from out of town bring a truck in and take advantage. (Which has been happening more frequently the last few years but some people don't learn quickly.)
But now we know as stated by LE that he threatned the owner of the Avalanche with a knife. So that threat may have been for her to throw her keys to him as he was in her yard not at her home, he was outside. So her vehicle doors were probably locked.

Global News has learned from multiple police sources that Myles Sanderson has died shortly after he was arrested near Rosthern, Sask. He is believed to have died from self-inflicted wounds.

RCMP say they will provide an update to the investigation at 7:30 p.m. CT.

The first scenario I heard had me wondering if he was carrying some kind of fast-acting poison, and did himself in that way.

Won’t speak to Myles’s cause of death. Was specifically asked about overdose. Given the impression his autopsy results will be released

Officers attempted CPR and live saving measures (won’t answer if Narcan was administered) until ambulance arrived and then suspect was transported via ambulance to Saskatoon.

MOO - the reporters have inside info re: overdose (likely fentanyl)
Yes the overdose question was interesting, however it is also just as likely that the suspect self inflicted a stab wound upon himself, just prior to his arrest, imo….. one that could be fatal within minutes if he landed it in the “right spot” ….You can definitely have a puncture wound without a lot of blood loss ….

Perhaps a reporter saw Narcan being administered? Often it is given just to check that no opiate drugs are onboard to cause failed respiratory effort ..imo ….. and to rule that option out as a cause …

It will be interesting see what cause of death is attributed to in the end …. Imo

You mean 110 or 120km/hr?
Max is 110km/hr on divided highways in Saskatchewan. We do not have any "freeways" or "turnpikes" in the traditional sense between cities as all of our highways have at-grade intersections.

400 series highways are an Ontario thing. They are freeways in the controlled access sense which until recently all had a speed limit of 100 outside city limits.

The first scenario I heard had me wondering if he was carrying some kind of fast-acting poison, and did himself in that way.
I also wondered this …. If so, that would mean the entire attack was premeditated…… imo …

There are not that many readily available options that could work that quickly …. Most ingestions take time for full effects …. And could he inject himself lethally while driving 150km / hour??? While at the same time trying to avoid Police? The photo of the suspect standing beside the car during the arrest does not seem to indicate that he was unconscious at that time .. imo

Last edited:
Yes the overdose question was interesting, however it is also just as likely that the suspect self inflicted a stab wound upon himself, just prior to his arrest, imo….. one that could be fatal within minutes if he landed it in the “right spot” ….You can definitely have a puncture wound without a lot of blood loss ….

Perhaps a reporter saw Narcan being administered? Often it is given just to check that no opiate drugs are onboard to cause failed respiratory effort ..imo ….. and to rule that option out as a cause …

It will be interesting see what cause of death is attributed to in the end …. Imo
I hadn’t considered that could be where the rumour started. Standard emergency first aid if someone loses consciousness would be to administer narcan. A reporter or bystander seeing an RCMP member shooting some spray up his nose or jabbing him with a needle could be all it took to start the speculation.

I agree with all of your logic.

MOO

From the live press conference:

Damien is still considered a suspect in initial homicides. (IMO she could have backed off and said they are unsure/etc but didn’t - they have evidence he was involved)

No drugs found in vehicle on initial search.

Still trying to piece everything together.

Edit to add my source
Did you also think, from the press conference, that it was implied that it was possible that Damian was also killed by Myles??? Perhaps after the first few attacks ??? I wondered that as I was listening…
All IMO

Did you also think, from the press conference, that it was implied that it was possible that Damian was also killed by Myles??? Perhaps after the first few attacks ??? I wondered that as I was listening…
All IMO
They definitely didn’t rule out Myle’s killing Damien. She wouldn’t really commit to anything on the subject. “Part of the investigation”. Which is why I was surprised she stood so firm on the fact that they firmly believe Damien to be a suspect in some of the murders.

I have no idea how they came up with the charges. 3 charges of first degree murder for Mukes but there are 11 dead bodies? I know more would have been added, but bc he’s dead, we may find that not as much info is released.

Sanderson asked the woman to go with him, according to her son, but she refused believing that he would kill her.

Includes details about him stealing the white vehicle.

I don’t get this guy. Kinda tried to take a hostage. She said no….so he was like “cool, no problem, just give me a Coke, your smokes and your keys and I’ll be out of your hair”??? I think we may be getting a peek at his Jekyll and Hyde personality. MOO

Sanderson asked the woman to go with him, according to her son, but she refused believing that he would kill her.

Includes details about him stealing the white vehicle.

I don’t get this guy. Kinda tried to take a hostage. She said no….so he was like “cool, no problem, just give me a Coke, your smokes and your keys and I’ll be out of your hair”??? I think we may be getting a peek at his Jekyll and Hyde personality. MOO

It could also indicate the motive for the initial tragedy was a far more targeted
revenge orientated ordeal than previously thought. Its never been reported the owner of the Nissan Rogue was murdered or injured either. But that some lives were spared does not diminish the trauma, pain and heartache of the survivors or family members of the deceased victims.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SusyQ
Back