CANADA - 3 dead including gunman, 12 injured in Greektown shooting, Toronto, July 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
His family has released a statement. Severe mental health challenges, psychosis, depression.

Toronto gunman had severe mental health challenges, family says

“We are utterly devastated by the incomprehensible news that our son was responsible for the senseless violence and loss of life that took place on the Danforth.

“Our son had severe mental health challenges, struggling with psychosis and depression his entire life. The interventions of professionals were unsuccessful. Medications and therapy were unable to treat him. While we did our best to seek help for him throughout his life of struggle and pain, we could never imagine that this would be his devastating and destructive end.

“Our hearts are in pieces for the victims and for our city as we all come to grips with this terrible tragedy. We will mourn those who were lost for the rest of our lives,” said the statement.​

There are several accounts with the same name.

That's weird. I was watching twitter and caught his name less than a minute after it was first reported. I went to FB and there was only 1 person with his name and that spelling. After you posted I looked again and there are a bunch. Wonder if people are trolling.

That's weird. I was watching twitter and caught his name less than a minute after it was first reported. I went to FB and there was only 1 person with his name and that spelling. After you posted I looked again and there are a bunch. Wonder if people are trolling.
Same here, but there were 10 when I first searched FB. Established accounts. They don't look like trolls to me. JMO. Maybe more have been added.

Same here, but there were 10 when I first searched FB. Established accounts. They don't look like trolls to me. JMO. Maybe more have been added.

Strange. I had a bunch come up spelled Faizal, but only one Faisal and now there are a boatload. FB search must return different results based on some weird algorithm.

not caught up at all

sorry if discussed

maybe it is cultural but they keep saying not random if I am understanding it the way that is here that is meaningful

hate crime??

gender??

race

it feels like they know about his background

The police are guarding an apartment in Thorncliffe waiting for a warrant to inspect the unit. I believe his family live there but the police need a warrant.

Seems he had huge mental health issues.

***PLEASE DONATE BLOOD***

Please donate a pint of blood as soon as you can. Donations are ALWAYS down in the summer time yet requests on a normal day are high usually due to car crashes.

With these disasters, the victims need YOUR help. The best help you can offer is a PINT of BLOOD.

Please donate a pint today! The life you save may be your own.

I keep thinking about the lives of two young girls ripped away from them last night.

Praying for strength and comfort to hold their loved ones tight. Unbelievably saddening.

My thoughts are with all the victims and their families and even for the ones that survive they are likely to have terrible injuries that can result in a lifetime of pain and suffering.

As we begin to hear about the ones that died we have to remember that even the survivors have a long road ahead of them and some may never fully heal or be without pain and suffering.

These crimes like this are awful and I hope LE finds all they need to know about the shooter and if he had any help in acquiring weapons or any other help.

Thank you for posting this, @Hatfield. Well said. ❤️

Adrian Cheung‏Verified account @AdrianCheungCBC 4m4 minutes ago
More details on Faisal Hussain:
• family, close family friends knew of mental health issues
• he worked at a nearby grocery store
• neighbours say he was shy and very quiet
• friends say they did not know he owed a gun or where he learned to shoot #Danforth #DanforthStrong

Adrian Cheung‏Verified account @AdrianCheungCBC 1h1 hour ago
Just spoke to close family friend of Faisal Hussain’s, known him for over 20 years, calls himself an “older brother”, said he was “quiet” and unassuming. Asked him how he’s able to make sense of Hussain shooting & killing on #Danforth “I can’t. Those are 2 different people”

rbbm.
Woman and girl dead, 13 other people injured in Danforth shooting in Toronto | CBC News

"The slain woman has been identified as Reese Fallon, of Toronto, by Liberal MP Nathaniel Erskine-Smith, who represents a nearby area. Fallon was associated with a young Liberals group in the area. "
gfx-web-map-danforth-shooting-map.jpg

gosh that is a long haul what was the duration timewise from number 1 to last??

really long

rbbm.
Woman and girl dead, 13 other people injured in Danforth shooting in Toronto | CBC News

"The slain woman has been identified as Reese Fallon, of Toronto, by Liberal MP Nathaniel Erskine-Smith, who represents a nearby area. Fallon was associated with a young Liberals group in the area. "
gfx-web-map-danforth-shooting-map.jpg

This is gonna sound odd -- but looking at the path it does seem for lack of a better word psychotic. By that I mean by all reports it was busy the on off random passing lots of people crossing the street there is chaos in his choices if that makes sense .

it was def a street with one establishment after the other -- the distances are very pecullar imo

were there periods where he was running or being chased by cops before the final encounter

I have had a hard time today getting a comprehensive over view of what transpired - kinda frustrating to be honest

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psychesleuth
Back