CANADA CANADA - 83 Missing & Murdered women of Edmonton, Alberta

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow, this is a great arrest and will save untold number of women from being victimized!!
Could this be the highway sk?

Sure hope LE is checking Doherty out as a possible perp in Amber Tuccaro's case. He is from Leduc and she disappeared in 2010 from Nisku (capitol of Leduc County) prior to his arrest in 2011.

What would you do for your grandchildren's heritage if you were in charge?
<rsbm>

My beautiful grandchildren are First Nations ancestry (their maternal grandmother was a Residential School survivor and adopted by a non-native family of rednecks). Due to drugs/alcohol and the resulting family dysfunction, I was ultimately able to remove them from that environment and have raised the kids as a "single parent". They are now young adults who struggle daily with low self-esteem and battle addictions. It is an ongoing struggle to support them in a positive way, but I made a decision that "the buck stops here". I have fought for their rights when they didn't have the wherewithal to do so, and basically concentrate on providing love, hope, and trying to build self-esteem. It is heartbreaking what these children lived with in their formative years, their beautiful hearts and spirits broken by others, foster homes, abuse, being told that natives are nothing but a bunch of drunks, thieves, hookers, native spirituality is evil, etc. For many years they refused to even acknowledge their native ancestry, but I have worked with them to try to make them proud of who they are. We're making progress, but still a long way to go on the journey.

Other than what I'm trying to do as an individual to help my own grandkids, I don't know how we go about healing the tears of thousands that have been shed over so many years. How I wish there was a magic wand.

Victim identified in Kamloops death

http://www.castanet.net/news/BC/84265/Victim-identified-in-Kamloops-death

"The victim was identified as Summer Star Elizabeth Krista-Lee Fowler, a member of the Gitanmaax (git-n-max) First Nation in Hazelton.

Her body was discovered Wednesday by a man walking his dog.

While the autopsy confirmed the death was a homicide, RCMP aren't saying how the teen was killed."

http://www.avtimes.net/news/local/j...to-stand-trial-in-b-c-supreme-court-1.1396936

The man accused of killing a teenaged girl in Kamloops, B.C., and leaving her lifeless body in a ravine has been ordered to stand trial in B.C. Supreme Court.

Damien Taylor was committed to trial following a four-day preliminary inquiry last week in Kamloops provincial court. The Crown called 16 witnesses at Taylor’s pre-trial hearing to determine whether there is enough evidence to go to trial. All evidence heard at a preliminary inquiry is subject to an automatic publication ban.

Taylor, who was 22 years old at the time, was arrested in January after police spent more than a year investigating the death of 16-year-old Gitanmaax First Nation member Summer Star Elizabeth Krista-Lee Fowler — also known as CJ.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ons-policy-in-wake-of-report/article21072453/

"In the wake of its unprecedented report on murdered and missing aboriginal women, the RCMP has rolled out a revamped national missing persons policy, including a pair of investigative tools that provide a lens into how police approach disappearances.

The policy, which was circulated to commanding officers in September, introduces two standardized documents: a 13-question risk-assessment form and a 10-page missing-person intake report to help ensure certain information is obtained at the outset of an investigation".

I wonder if they have compared his voice print to the audio recording in the disappearance in the Kare project...

This site has a lot of cases listed. The last year on here is 2012.

http://www.lastlinkontheleft.com/e2000.html

This man was charged for a murder and a suspect in another. I truly believe he is responsible for maybe more. JMO

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/thomas-svekla-declared-a-dangerous-offender-1.955650
I think is responsible for many other murders as well, he sure does make my skin crawl. He is dangerous and attacked a 5 year old in 1995.....I sure hope they can finally solve some of these murders. But just like Highway Of Tears, I am not so sure there is just 1 person responsible.

I think is responsible for many other murders as well, he sure does make my skin crawl. He is dangerous and attacked a 5 year old in 1995.....I sure hope they can finally solve some of these murders. But just like Highway Of Tears, I am not so sure there is just 1 person responsible.
Hopefully they had found DNA at the other crime scenes and can make comparisons.Would love to hear his pronounciation of " absolutely"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...3727649/?cmpid=rss1&google_editors_picks=true

RCMP to release second report on missing aboriginal women

GLORIA GALLOWAY
OTTAWA &#8212; The Globe and Mail
Published Tuesday, Mar. 31 2015, 8:41 PM EDT
Last updated Wednesday, Apr. 01 2015, 9:37 AM EDT

The RCMP is preparing to release another report on Canada&#8217;s murdered and missing aboriginal women &#8211; a surprise to the indigenous groups that have been lobbying the federal government to hold a public inquiry to discern the causes of the tragedy.

The new report, which the RCMP says will be released in May, is expected to be an update of a shocking report last year that said at least 1,181 indigenous women were murdered or disappeared between 1980 and 2012. The numbers proved what aboriginal leaders had been saying for years: that indigenous women were meeting violent ends far more often than other Canadian women. It led to renewed calls for a national inquiry ...

hey silly, now that you're a mod maybe you could fix the title of this thread? (given that Edmonton is not in Ontario lol)...

Jan 2015
rbbm.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/aboriginal/fort-chip-community-honours-amber-tuccaro-s-life-1.2912801

"Fort Chip community honours Amber Tuccaro's life
Mother hopes memorial round dance raises awareness in unsolved murder of First Nations woman"

"Tuccaro hopes a cellphone conversation between her daughter and a third party released by police in 2012 will produce new leads.

In the audio, an unknown man was trying to convince Amber Tucarro he was driving east of Nisku on a back road that would lead back into Edmonton.

Tuccaro believes someone out there knows who that man is, as does the RCMP who erected billboards in Nisku asking passers-by &#8220;Have you heard the voice?&#8221;

"It&#8217;s important that people go (listen) again because two years ago maybe they may not have known the voice but maybe they do now," Valiquette said.

hey silly, now that you're a mod maybe you could fix the title of this thread? (given that Edmonton is not in Ontario lol)...

Thanks KM .. I've sent an alert to ask to have it corrected :)

This thread is like a runaway train. Do we have a list of the 83 missing and murdered women? Where does that number come from?

TIA!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot
Back