Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with everything you said except the part about him breaking in through the side door as LE has said there was no signs or forced entry.

I have managed to gain entry to my own home after losing my keys, with a credit card. Not a word of a lie. No sign of forced entry. They may accidentally have left a door unlocked.

Let's not forget there was a forensic blood spatter expert brought in to assess the crime scene, that would indicate to me that it was likely not knife related, strangling related, or related to any other 'silent' method of killing someone. It basically had to be either blunt force trauma or firearm occurring inside the residence at the time of the incident.
Was there? I haven't read that. Do you per chance have a link? I know there were forensics there but did someone specify blood spatter? TIA

I have manage to gain entry to my own home after losing my keys, with a credit card. Not a word of a lie. No sign of forced entry. They may accidentally have left a door unlocked.

They had a sign that said come in. If it was just after 10PM , and their daughter just left, the door may not have been locked yet. Who knows, honestly if these people ever lock their doors. There are lots out there that don't. (not me, ever)

Me too BUT I think LE said a violent incident as opposed to a violent struggle. There's a difference IMO!

"When Nathan's mother arrived to pick him up on June 30, the three were missing and police say they found evidence that a violent incident had taken place inside the home."
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-search-teams-return-to-liknes-home-1.2705128

"Police have said the home bore signs of a violent struggle and at least one person would have been in “medical distress” and taken forcibly from the house."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-obrien-amber-alert-and-missing-grandparents/

They had a sign that said come in. If it was just after 10PM , and their daughter just left, the door may not have been locked yet. Who knows, honestly if these people ever lock their doors. There are lots out there that don't. (not me, ever)

So you can break into Cherchri's house with a credit card and Appleeye doesn't lock their doors..... I hope no one knows where you two live. :) kidding!!

Well it's not my home I am staying with friends BUT a) they have a youngster who works odd shifts and needs to see when he arrives home and usually needs to grab something to eat. A well lit residence is, in my opinion a deterrent to anyone wanting to gain access - that's why people have floodlights and motion sensors. B) I recently moved back here from South Africa which has phenomenal crime levels. It may interest you to know that homes with 10 foot walls and no lighting are more frequently robbed than homes with no fences or boundary walls and motion sensors/outdoor lighting.

The first thing I did in my home is install motion sensors. If anyone approaches any entrances, the flood lights come on.

I don't think these murders had anything to do with chemicals and drugs. I think the suspect went to the house with a weapon with the intent to kill. That is what I conclude based on the fact that the victims have been declared dead and charges of premeditated murder. The presence of the medical examiner, and information from police, imply that there was blood at the scene, that there was a violent struggle, and that at least one person was in "medical distress". This strikes me as a straight forward blitz attack where one after the other, the victims were violently attacked (not from a distance with a gun). The victims were removed from the crime scene not of their own volition ... dragged. They were put in the back of a pick up truck, taken from the scene, and they are now where ever the suspect put them. He may have used lye to increase decomposition, perhaps not ... that remains to be seen.

Completely agree, especially given LE charges DG with 1st degree too. Regarding disposal though, I think it could honestly be anywhere. The chemical disposal suggestion made by some WS members I think is unlikely, after having reviewed the necessity of having several hundred gallons of the stuff for 1 body. 3 of them are involved here. Since it was pre-planned, they really could be anywhere from buried to a dumpster to a cave - Hopefully they will be found soon. I expect he would have likely put them in an infrequently visited location, which seems to be common with most homicide body disposal. The problem is this could still be anywhere. With this much media coverage, I would expect people are more perceptive in their surroundings and hopefully they can be found sooner. They might have even been taken to an abandoned building, well site, lesser known cave or something of the like but we can only speculate.

So you can break into Cherchri's house with a credit card and Appleeye doesn't lock their doors..... I hope no one knows where you two live. :) kidding!!

HAHA... no I ALWAYS lock my doors... I don't ever leave them unlocked lol

I have managed to gain entry to my own home after losing my keys, with a credit card. Not a word of a lie. No sign of forced entry. They may accidentally have left a door unlocked.

I'm wondering that too. There are four entrances that I can think of: front door, side door, patio door, and garage. The garage key pad was forensically tested by police. There was no forced entry into the house. I doubt that the suspect would take a chance that he couldn't get into the house, or that he would get caught breaking into the house, so it's quite possible he parked down the street, walked up to the front door shortly after 10 (perhaps posing as someone delivering full cash payment, or picking up a purchase), checked if the door was open (walked in), or knocked, the door was opened, and there was a straight forward knife attack that incapacitated Alvin (similar to Jodi Arias). As a premeditated murder, I'm sure that the suspect mentally walked through all possibilities prior to entering the house.

Everything we learned from police and the presence of the medical examiner suggests a violent, bloody murder. Handguns are prohibited and silencers are something from the movies, but guns are still suggested as the murder weapon.

list of prohibited weapons in Canada:

http://www.firearms-safety-course.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=17&Itemid=23

Neighbours from the South illegally importing guns:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1463659/12-guns-seized-at-coutts-border-crossing/

I don't think all handguns are prohibited. The majority are restricted.
Although to be honest, I don't know the difference between prohibited and restricted firearms.

HAHA... no I ALWAYS lock my doors... I don't ever leave them unlocked lol

I'm the complete opposite, haha.
My doors are never locked. Even my mom doesn't lock her doors and she lives in Calgary.
I think the only time she'll lock the doors is if she goes away for an extended period of time.

My line of thinking is this: locks keep honest people out. If someone really wanted to get in, they'd break a window or something.

Is it possible someone coming through the house during the estate sale could have unlocked a window? I make sure my front, back, and garage doors are locked before going to bed, but I don't check to make sure all the windows are locked.

Let's not forget there was a forensic blood spatter expert brought in to assess the crime scene, that would indicate to me that it was likely not knife related, strangling related, or related to any other 'silent' method of killing someone. It basically had to be either blunt force trauma or firearm occurring inside the residence at the time of the incident.

Blood spatter can come from knife wounds. There is cast off spatter from the weapon. Experts can calculate the impact angle from the shape and size of the droplets. There's void areas that can determine where the suspect was. I can go on but you can look it up.

When I was a teenager I crawled in the window a few times in the summer by just popping the screen out. We always had our windows open in nice weather as did almost everyone else in the neighborhood.

My aunt is one of those people who never locks her doors for the past 50 years.

Blood spatter can come from knife wounds. There is cast off spatter from the weapon. Experts can calculate the impact angle from the shape and size of the droplets. There's void areas that can determine where the suspect was. I can go on but you can look it up.

Yeah I remember this from watching Dexter. Knife attacks can definitely cause blood splatter....on tv for sure anyway :)

Yeah I remember this from watching Dexter. Knife attacks can definitely cause blood splatter....on tv for sure anyway :)
I asked for a link earlier re blood spatter. Do we know there was a blood spatter analyst at the scene as someone stated? I can't find anything published in that regard......

See I wonder if that is a reporter's choice of word. LE very specifically used the words violent incident and I think there's a world of difference.

"“A violent crime occurred in that residence,” [Staff Sgt. Andrus] said. “Based on the evidence, I would say that somebody would be in medical distress.”

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-alberta-boy-grandparents/article19463983/

"July 4: Staff Sgt. Doug Andrus says a violent struggle occurred inside the Liknes' home before the three went missing. Police release images of a green Ford F150 made in the late 1980s or early 1990s that was seen driving around Parkhill several times during the night of the disappearance."

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/iphone/news/latest/story.html?id=10005882

I asked for a link earlier re blood spatter. Do we know there was a blood spatter analyst at the scene as someone stated? I can't find anything published in that regard......
You know Cherchri, I don't have a link either but I feel strongly that I heard it somewhere .... not just a reporter ... I can't place it .... maybe my imagination, lol.

I don't think all handguns are prohibited. The majority are restricted.
Although to be honest, I don't know the difference between prohibited and restricted firearms.

I don't either, but I've been under the impression that handguns that are not restricted for sport competition reasons are still stored at a gun club. I think the important point is that Canadians do not have guns. It is not normal to have a gun at home, in a vehicle, in a handbag, or anywhere. Hunters have rifles that must be stored under very strict conditions. Gang members have guns and they shoot each other. Gun violence is foreign in Canada, unlike the US where everyone seems to have a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member