Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
But in the middle of the pond?

The article mentions the person who came upon the body walks there regularly, and it wasn't there yesterday. If it was from a few weeks ago, I assume it would have been found already?

Awh, not so. Farmers have to take and pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course with at least 80%, then apply for a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL). The RCMP does a background check before issuing a PAL.

If the farmer buys the rifle for hunting, then she or he needs to take the Hunters' Education Course and acquire an "Outdoors Card". The PAL is required when purchasing ammo.

If the applicant has a criminal record involving violence or threats, then they won't likely receive a PAL.

Interesting....
My grandpa doesn't have a license for his. I know, because I asked him once and he said no.
He's not a farmer though, just a guy who lives on an acreage.

The article mentions the person who came upon the body walks there regularly, and it wasn't there yesterday. If it was from a few weeks ago, I assume it would have been found already?
Maybe it was anchored and that gave way. Sorry, just wish the family could have their loved ones back. Awful to even think it.

Not necessarily ... it could have been anchored and (excuse this ..... ) broke free.

But in the middle of the pond? No boat, couldn't have been swimming with a tshirt on. Feeling very uneasy.

Definitely, these are not really like ponds you would go swimming or boating in at all....we have a lot of 'ponds' like this, I think for drainage or storm water collection. If it's where I think it is, it's at the corner of an intersection so I can't see anyone every being in it willingly!

But in the middle of the pond? No boat, couldn't have been swimming with a tshirt on. Feeling very uneasy.

It looks like it's on the road heading South. North would make sense if it was one of the victims, but South doesn't seem to fit.

Definitely, these are not really like ponds you would go swimming or boating in at all....we have a lot of 'ponds' like this, I think for drainage or storm water collection. If it's where I think it is, it's at the corner of an intersection so I can't see anyone every being in it willingly!
Agreed, that was my thought as well. Doesn't look like a destination to swim in per say.

It looks like it's on the road heading South. North would make sense if it was one of the victims, but South doesn't seem to fit.

Unless the pond is most easily accessed turning south. You could easily loop back and take the north exit after, I would think.

Yes, the white shirt description.

Reading this case made me realize no matter who it is, a poor family is going to find out that their loved one is dead. Sad either way but i just hope the Liknes family is found so they can at least have closure.

Maybe it was anchored and that gave way. Sorry, just wish the family could have their loved ones back. Awful to even think it.

More than likely associated with this:

http://globalnews.ca/news/1467297/police-search-for-young-man-missing-since-july-4/

Article says the young man went missing between 2:30am and 4:30am... If he accidentally fell into the pond I doubt anyone would have heard him in the moddke of the night. But if it is related to this missing person there it doesn't make sense that the body has just surfaced now...

This is how the location of the body discovered today relates to the two crime scenes.

Attachments

• CalgaryThreeMap - Copy.jpg
    CalgaryThreeMap - Copy.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics