Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also just joined in July and would "lose" the thanks button. I found what happened if I signed in and didn't check the remember me box was that soon I wasn't signed in anymore even though I was still reading the posts. So now I check the box and then sign in and log out when I am gone for awhile. Hope this helps.

:Welcome1:

Any ideas what the darker patches are. Burnt areas maybe?

Perhaps, but it's hard to say. It could be composting (although I would expect that to be closer to the garden). Sometimes people on rural properties put junk in a remote spot on their property, like by products from doing an oil change.

Perhaps, but it's hard to say. It could be composting (although I would expect that to be closer to the garden). Sometimes people on rural properties put junk in a remote spot on their property, like by products from doing an oil change.

We can assume by the canopy that LE erected that it was something quite interesting to them, something they didn't want media helicoptors to see, so probably not compost or oil, unless it also contained something else.

We can assume by the canopy that LE erected that it was something quite interesting to them, something they didn't want media helicoptors to see, so probably not compost or oil, unless it also contained something else.

At the same time, we know that no bodies were found in that particular location, because investigators are still looking for bodies.

At the same time, we know that no bodies were found in that particular location, because investigators are still looking for bodies.

True but there might have been some other kind of evidence, for example, if he tried to burn the clothes he was wearing or his shoes.

Then again, the area looks pretty close to the trees for a fire.

Someone mentioned, a few days ago, that a particular part of the property where tents were set up was excluded from aerial footage. This morning, as I was sifting through links, I came across this shot of the tents. I have put it together with an aerial photo of the property. It looks a bit like a garbage disposal area.

I had not seen this before otto. Firstly, I wasn't aware that media were not filming in certain parts of the farm. Would LE have instructed this? Secondly, does the photo demonstrate that tents were erected on and around that area circled? It looks like that and if so that is very telling. I am of the belief that suspect did not dismember the victims at the home or if suspect even did that ultimately I am not convinced. Too time consuming and risky. Perhaps on the photo shown above, the area circled is where LE has discovered and why they can determine that the victims are deceased. If as some think that that the victims were dismembered at the home, then would suspect not need equipment for that? Don't like to think or type this. I would think suspect rather felt safe on the farm to do such acts rather than in a home with lights on and curtain windows open et al and not knowing the home all that well. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for your pictures otto.

True, would suspect think to remove clothing and destroy it and take bodies to another location hoping that if and when they were discovered all evidence would be gone and no clothing on them. Sorry.

Furthermore, if they found clothing at this spot, that would not necessarily mean deceased as victims could have been made to change their clothing if still alive. I think it would be more realistic to think dna was discovered in this area of victims.

I had not seen this before otto. Firstly, I wasn't aware that media were not filming in certain parts of the farm. Would LE have instructed this? Secondly, does the photo demonstrate that tents were erected on and around that area circled? It looks like that and if so that is very telling. I am of the belief that suspect did not dismember the victims at the home. Too time consuming and risky. Perhaps on the photo shown above, the area circled is where LE has discovered and why they can determine that the victims are deceased. If as some think that that the victims were dismembered at the home, then would suspect not need equipment for that? Don't like to think or type this. I would think suspect rather felt safe on the farm to do such acts rather than in a home with lights on and curtain windows open et al and not knowing the home all that well. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for your pictures otto.

It was mentioned a few days ago, when the extended 5 minute raw aerial video was linked, that there weren't any images of the area where investigators set up tents ... it's true ... the footage seems to be edited a few times, perhaps excluding that portion of the clip.

True but there might have been some other kind of evidence, for example, if he tried to burn the clothes he was wearing or his shoes.

Then again, the area looks pretty close to the trees for a fire.

Perhaps there were ashes there. They could have been dumped from a burning barrel or fire pit. Maybe they were mixed into the soil and were discovered. Perhaps he burned for two days to hide other evidence not related to this case.

It was mentioned a few days ago, when the extended 5 minute raw aerial video was linked, that there weren't any images of the area where investigators set up tents ... it's true ... the footage seems to be edited a few times, perhaps excluding that portion of the clip.
I can see those three sheds WS has discussed at length in the photo. I recall the LE walking towards an area but the camera flew away in the opposite direction when LE walked into the grass area the day when the three LE were wearing white forensic coverups. Now with your picture I can see that LE was walking towards that area with the tents erected. Good work.

Maybe suspect burned his computer there as well because as we know, you can never erase a computer hard drive full stop.

We might be being conned into thinking he is intelligent. Do we really have proof of that, or is that a descriptor that got applied to him without evidence?. He didn't get his degree perhaps because he was kicked out for cheating. This could be suggestive of being less intelligent than we think he is. Also, conning and manipulative can present as a kind of intelligence.
I was thinking today about how he managed to get a lab job - especially one where he supervised the QA - without producing his diploma. I looked at the Cantest* site via the Wayback Machine to see what they used to have in the way of accreditations. Couldn't access anything older than '95 but at that point they had very good accreditation credentials.

The lab I worked at (in admin) required all applicants to produce a copy of their transcripts and diploma and these were kept on file. When we got our accreditations those documents were reviewed, and were reviewed again every couple of years during our audits.

I wonder, assuming the info is correct about him being expelled for cheating, did he forge himself a diploma?

*Contrary to at least one news report, the lab was called Cantest, not Can Test.

Just catching up, this might've been posted already….

On the photo caption (not article) link below it mentions police have blocked off this former ‘named’ Ford dealership (not sure if allowed to mention name on WS) on East Lake Ramp. It’s bit confusing because I can’t figure out if it’s a currently open business or vacant. It might be RV sales/rentals, but I’m still unsure, maybe some locals or WS’ers that are better at directions and road maps can figure out what’s at this location now? Also, if any WS’ers want to use their map skills, it’d be interesting to see where this location is in proximity to DGs house and KL/AL’s house, I do know it looks right off the highway – all too convenient… I have awful thoughts and not a good feeling if DG does indeed have a private trailer hidden somewhere.

http://www.airdriecityview.com/arti...d-murderer-s-case-held-over-search-called-off

I was thinking today about how he managed to get a lab job - especially one where he supervised the QA - without producing his diploma. I looked at the Cantest* site via the Wayback Machine to see what they used to have in the way of accreditations. Couldn't access anything older than '95 but at that point they had very good accreditation credentials.

The lab I worked at (in admin) required all applicants to produce a copy of their transcripts and diploma and these were kept on file. When we got our accreditations those documents were reviewed, and were reviewed again every couple of years during our audits.

I wonder, assuming the info is correct about him being expelled for cheating, did he forge himself a diploma?

*Contrary to at least one news report, the lab was called Cantest, not Can Test.

True enough. Where did the info regarding cheating and leaving without graduating come from? That info has been kicking around so long that I never questioned the validity of it.

I tried searching for it but I clearly have no talent for searching the threads.

I had not seen this before otto. Firstly, I wasn't aware that media were not filming in certain parts of the farm. Would LE have instructed this? Secondly, does the photo demonstrate that tents were erected on and around that area circled? It looks like that and if so that is very telling. I am of the belief that suspect did not dismember the victims at the home or if suspect even did that ultimately I am not convinced. Too time consuming and risky. Perhaps on the photo shown above, the area circled is where LE has discovered and why they can determine that the victims are deceased. If as some think that that the victims were dismembered at the home, then would suspect not need equipment for that? Don't like to think or type this. I would think suspect rather felt safe on the farm to do such acts rather than in a home with lights on and curtain windows open et al and not knowing the home all that well. Just my thoughts. Thanks again for your pictures otto.
With regards to LE instructions on filming - In my experience, LE and the media try to have a mutually professional relationship, and unless you never want to get interviews again, you try to stay within the confines of what they are willing to release. It's very possible that they were asked to hold back certain information such as location of evidence collection, so not to impede their investigation. As we see in much of American media, that is not always observed. I have always found the Calgary media to be very accommodating to LE.

As to the length of time it takes to achieve dismemberment, I was surprised to learn from other cases that a body can be 'parted' quite quickly using the right tools. It's messy and takes a complete psychopath devoid of human emotion. Power tools one would find in most suburban garages and a bathtub are common MO's. I apologize for the imagery.

Just catching up, this might've been posted already….

On the photo caption (not article) link below it mentions police have blocked off this former ‘named’ Ford dealership (not sure if allowed to mention name on WS) on East Lake Ramp. It’s bit confusing because I can’t figure out if it’s a currently open business or vacant. It might be RV sales/rentals, but I’m still unsure, maybe some locals or WS’ers that are better at directions and road maps can figure out what’s at this location now? Also, if any WS’ers want to use their map skills, it’d be interesting to see where this location is in proximity to DGs house and KL/AL’s house, I do know it looks right off the highway – all too convenient… I have awful thoughts and not a good feeling if DG does indeed have a private trailer hidden somewhere.

http://www.airdriecityview.com/arti...d-murderer-s-case-held-over-search-called-off

That is the ramp that we take into Airdrie when we go into the city from our house. There are some RV sales places there and I can't really remember what else. I will look into it though. I am wondering though if the police blocked it off on ajuly 19th why is this article only released on the 24th?

And I didn't say he is but rather seems to be. No known relationships of any kind.
No, you didn't. But even to say he "seems asexual" is a statement that can't be supported simply because we have no information about that.

Just because we don't know anything about that area of his life doesn't mean there's nothing to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en