Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes his mom did say they didn't use it. This cross is exactly what i thought it would be so far. The lawyer doesn't have much to work with.

That's for sure. Either he throws Gramma and Gramma under the bus or he's reduced to saying "just because he searched torture and went to torture webpages doesn't mean he read them!"

I will always support the principle of law that states the accused is entitled to a lawyer who will ensure his rights are not violated. This poor lawyer happens to have a complete monster for a client. I'm sure the defence will be glad when it's over.
IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All the Defence can do at this point is create some reasonable doubt. All they need is 1 juror who might question 1 thing. That's all the Defence can hope for at this point I think.

We/re going to need a new thread soon. I hope we can stay here until the end of today's testimony.

All the Defence can do at this point is create some reasonable doubt. All they need is 1 juror who might question 1 thing. That's all the Defence can hope for at this point I think.

Well after that cross it doesn't look good for old DG. That was short!

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 40s41 seconds ago
Next witness - Lindsay Pengelly - works at Princess Auto - (light industrial retail store) - she works at the NE location #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 49s50 seconds ago
Witness is Lindsay Pengelly works at Princess Auto - a light industrial retail business #Garland

This poor gal - getting dragged into this :(

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 57s58 seconds ago
July 18, 2014: Pengelly spoke with CPS about purchases made by a specific customer. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 30s31 seconds ago
She was given dates and times of purchases + CC info. "We went into our database and searched based on those dates and times" #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 56s57 seconds ago
Pengelly said they found receipts matching their search info and provided them to @CalgaryPolice #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Pengelly spoke to police about purchases made by a particular individual. Gave statement July 18, 2014. #Garland

Stick around - there are so many cases on here that could probably use your expertise :)

This was the case that brought me here, even ended up joining a few of the searches for this family. I think I'm lifer :)

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 56s57 seconds ago
Pengelly said they found receipts matching their search info and provided them to @CalgaryPolice #Garland #yyc

Pengelly spoke to police about purchases made by a particular individual. Gave statement July 18, 2014. #Garland

BBM - Wow! They were that far along that early in the game.

Surprised they didn't go deeper into what those torture searches were about. How extensive, contents, etc.Hard to hear, but totally relevant imo.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 57s57 seconds ago

The Princess Auto receipts were for April 26, 2014 + March 17, 2014 + March 24, 2014 + May 21, 2014 #Garland #yyc

Four purchases of interest between March 17 and May 21, 2014, made at Princess Auto. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 19s19 seconds ago
Receipt dated May 21, 2014: 7" metal cut off wheel x 2, sledge hammer, metal saw blade #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 24s24 seconds ago
7inch metal cut off wheel x4, dental pick assortment, sledge hammer, snap ring plier set, metal saw blade = some items on receipt. #Garland

sledgehammer :(

VIDEO ALERT! (Princess Auto)

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 51s51 seconds ago
Pengelly says Princess Auto has surveillance video. Crown says they are about to play a video. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 49s49 seconds ago
Video appears on screen: Pengelly says she recognizes it as the entrance to Princess Auto. #Garland

WHAT SHOES IS HE WEARING??!!!
(sorry)
-JS

video alert! (princess auto)

lucie edwardson ‏@metrolucie 51s51 seconds ago
pengelly says princess auto has surveillance video. crown says they are about to play a video. #garland #yyc

i hope he's wearing the shoes.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 54s54 seconds ago
Video shows someone who appears to be Douglas #Garland entering store. Pengelly says she provided to @CalgaryPolice

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 56s56 seconds ago
Pengelly provided store video surveillance to police. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
CCTV now being shown to court taken from Princess Auto #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 19s19 seconds ago
Receipt dated May 21, 2014: 7" metal cut off wheel x 2, sledge hammer, metal saw blade #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 24s24 seconds ago
7inch metal cut off wheel x4, dental pick assortment, sledge hammer, snap ring plier set, metal saw blade = some items on receipt. #Garland

sledgehammer :(

So we have a Dentist's chair, dental picks and dental anesthetic. OMG! This is almost like Marathon Man.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 49s49 seconds ago
Video appears on screen: Pengelly says she recognizes it as the entrance to Princess Auto. #Garland

WHAT SHOES IS HE WEARING??!!!
(sorry)
-JS

I have no doubt THIS is the video the other witness was talking about seeing the shoes in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member