Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 16s16 seconds ago
Another document - Molloy Grossman 2007 - last accessed June, 2014. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 3s3 seconds ago
Now on courtroom screens, passage from book by Dave Grossman, an expert on the psychology of killing, found on #Garland hard drive.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now33 seconds ago
One document in a folder was titled. Introduction: The Uncomfortable Topic of Killing, jury shown. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 42s42 seconds ago
Locksmithing folder shows user guide for Schlage lock. Also an article on psychology and physiology of interpersonal combat #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 2m2 minutes ago
Kraan now showing jury documents from "Why Can't Johnny Kill? The Psychology and Physiology of interpersonal combat." #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago
Also on drive: doc on psychology of killing called "Why Can't Johnny Kill? The Psychology and Physiology of Interpersonal Combat" #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 3s4 seconds ago
Taking a break in #Garland trial #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland now34 seconds ago
Afternoon break at #Garland trial. Back at 3:15 pm.

So does anyone know anything about these psychology documents?

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 24s25 seconds ago
Kraan: sub folder created June 13/14 about Schlage BE 365 lock--last accessed June 22/14--that's the lock on door to Liknes home #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 21s22 seconds ago
"It's a user guide for the BE365," Kraan says of one eight-page document. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 58s59 seconds ago
Kraan said the document is an 8 page user guide for the BE365 Schlage lock. Another PDF - on programming the same lock. #Garland

[video=twitter;826187576037896192]https://twitter.com/CTVInaSidhu/status/826187576037896192[/video]

If the folder about their specific log was created on June 13th, 2014 does that mean around that time he was possibly sleuthing around their house? Creepy.

I'm back! Thanks Kamille so appreciated. Let me know if you want to keep on with it or if I should jump back in.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 16s16 seconds ago
Another document - Molloy Grossman 2007 - last accessed June, 2014. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 3s3 seconds ago
Now on courtroom screens, passage from book by Dave Grossman, an expert on the psychology of killing, found on #Garland hard drive.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now33 seconds ago
One document in a folder was titled. Introduction: The Uncomfortable Topic of Killing, jury shown. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 42s42 seconds ago
Locksmithing folder shows user guide for Schlage lock. Also an article on psychology and physiology of interpersonal combat #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 2m2 minutes ago
Kraan now showing jury documents from "Why Can't Johnny Kill? The Psychology and Physiology of interpersonal combat." #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago
Also on drive: doc on psychology of killing called "Why Can't Johnny Kill? The Psychology and Physiology of Interpersonal Combat" #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 3s4 seconds ago
Taking a break in #Garland trial #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland now34 seconds ago
Afternoon break at #Garland trial. Back at 3:15 pm.

So does anyone know anything about these psychology documents?

Would they be intended for military training?? IDK. Why Can't Johnny Kill? Umm maybe because no one should be able to....

I find it interesting about the locksmithing research he did.

I find it hard to believe that he could just read some of the information and expect to be able to break into their home. Apparantly he thought it would be useful to him somehow.

If I had to guess I would say he ended up using a more conventional method to actually gain entry to the home. Like knocking on the door and when someone answered he may have ambushed them.

Or maybe if he disguised himself as a women and went to the estate sale he may have stole a set of keys which may have been laying within reach. It could explain how he got ahold of the truck key Fob that parts were found to be burned.

Just having a difficult time believing he could read and learn how to break into locks without lots of practice.

Why Can't Johnny Kill? is readily findable online with a lengthy (almost complete looking) preview. I don't feel like we need it linked here, but its out there.

I find it so odd that this person "comfortable with computer systems" did not have a bunch of free online email addresses. (Gmail, hotmail, etc would be so easy to acquire in his alias.) He used the default address that came with his family's Telus internet set up. He was 'smart' but archaic.

Also assuming his fear of malware is due to the downloading of sketchy materials.

You can click a wrong link on google recipe search and get malware. Anti malware software is common.

I find it hard to believe that he could just read some of the information and expect to be able to break into their home. Apparantly he thought it would be useful to him somehow.

If I had to guess I would say he ended up using a more conventional method to actually gain entry to the home. Like knocking on the door and when someone answered he may have ambushed them.

Or maybe if he disguised himself as a women and went to the estate sale he may have stole a set of keys which may have been laying within reach. It could explain how he got ahold of the truck key Fob that parts were found to be burned.

Just having a difficult time believing he could read and learn how to break into locks without lots of practice.

The lock was drilled into with holes though, and an expert confirmed this was a successful way to defeat the lock. Plenty of locksmithing tools were found on the farm. Not sure what you're saying.

Could have always purchased the same lock to practice on...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He drilled into the lock.

He had been arrested with lock picking tools begore which says to me that he is likely somewhat familiar with their use.

Can you honestly say that DG wouldn't have just looked like DG in women's clothing and a wig? He would have been spotted from a mile away.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I'm back! Thanks Kamille so appreciated. Let me know if you want to keep on with it or if I should jump back in.

Sure, you can take over if you like. :) I have no problem continuing though if you'd rather just relax and read.

He had been arrested with lock picking tools begore which says to me that he is likely somewhat familiar with their use.

Can you honestly say that DG wouldn't have just looked like DG in women's clothing and a wig? He would have been spotted from a mile away.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Lol YES! DG in disguise/drag would attract far more attention than without it IMHO

Sure, you can take over if you like. :) I have no problem continuing though if you'd rather just relax and read.

I'll take it - because I'll be away again no doubt and need your help then! Here we go!

He drilled into the lock to gain entry. I guess those manuals didn't tell him how to gain access via a passcode if you forget it. ;)

MOO

If the folder about their specific log was created on June 13th, 2014 does that mean around that time he was possibly sleuthing around their house? Creepy.

wow. Obviously it appears he drilled holes so maybe he did figure out how to break into that lock.

It almost seems like he got a thrill of planning the crime almost as much as committing the crime. Drilling holes in locks is James Bond type stuff. Wow.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Kraan to resume testimony now in Douglas #Garland triple murder trial

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 33s34 seconds ago
First, the judge is addressing the jury, needs to give instructions of the evidence, what they may/may not use it for. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 53s53 seconds ago

"However you disapprove of Mr. #Garland's" computer use, says judge, should be used only to decide whether or not the Crown has proven case.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 28s29 seconds ago

Judge says they cannot use the evidence to decide that #Garland "is a person of bad character, therefore he must have done it."

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 22s23 seconds ago
Evidence may assist in following issues says judge: identity, murderous intent, planning and deliberation #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 29s30 seconds ago
Cst. Doug Kraan continues on he stand - going through a report of what was found on hard drive #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland now59 seconds ago
Kraan going through some photos - one is of two individuals, one with his back to the person - with a garrote around his neck. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now30 seconds ago
One image found on impact file showed one individual attacking another from behind with a garrotte. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts now47 seconds ago
One photo appeared to show a garrotting technique, says Kraan. #Garland
[/COLOR]

Well, I guess that explains the "musical wire"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics