Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that Douglas had their blood on his gloves or clothes and it transferred to the light switch as he turned on the lights at some point.

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you.

This is all so disturbing and sending hugs to all involved and thanks for the group hug for us. Sometimes I feel like I am still in 2014 as the evidence unravels. When his planning was found on the hard drive you just want to tell the family to run because he was coming to get them. I never will understand what makes people think that murder is the answer because in the end most get caught. Is the next big case for Alberta the Hailey Dunbar Blanchette case? Does anyone know when that is?

O/T, re bold:
This says May 8, 2017 date for trial, Derek Saretzky, 22
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/derek-saretzky-jury-trial-may-2017-1.3633097

DG chewing his nails, maybe he can start on his fingers. Somehow I like to think that all the evidences is somewhat painful for him, he had it planned so well. Evil man .. not a shred of feeling left in him

Tweets are pretty slow emerging from the court room since the break.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How are we getting all this downtime? How is it possible that not one reporter wants to bother filling in the time and telling the public what is going on.

This trial needed an Adam Carter. :gaah:

MOO

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s40 seconds ago
Kathy Liknes' DNA found in box of #Garland truck labeled "blood not confirmed" because sample was too small for testing, says Mohrbutter.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
#Garland has followed along as Mohrbutter gave her DNA results-he takes notes and appears to listen carefully

There is a full cross examination of this witness going on right now and we have no clue what the defence is asking or questioning regarding the evidence. :notgood:

There is a full cross examination of this witness going on right now and we have no clue what the defence is asking or questioning regarding the evidence. :notgood:

So frustrating.

Well by the time they elect a foreperson, go over all the judges instructions and the charging documents and take a vote, even if it's unanimous after the first vote, that's going to take up a few hours. And then sometimes the devil is in the details. Like that one holdout for second degree on NO perhaps. Who might need some extra instruction on the charges. We can never predict really.

No one was more surprised than those of us following the Luka Magnotta trial when the deliberations went for 8 days!

MOO
The only way they could secure a 2nd degree conviction for the murder of NO is if they didn't believe he was killed during a kidnapping and/or unlawful confinement - which I think is impossible.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s40 seconds ago
Kathy Liknes' DNA found in box of #Garland truck labeled "blood not confirmed" because sample was too small for testing, says Mohrbutter.

What on earth does this mean?

How are we getting all this downtime? How is it possible that not one reporter wants to bother filling in the time and telling the public what is going on.

This trial needed an Adam Carter. :gaah:

MOO

Or Susan Clairmont. She was my favourite during the Bosma trial. Maybe this is new to these reporters. Live tweeting does seem like it would take some getting used to.

According to Twitter there hasn't even been 5 questions asked by defence in last 25 mins.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 39s40 seconds ago
#Garland trial has ended for today. Will resume tomorrow at 10 a.m. #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 40s41 seconds ago
That's it for Day 15 of #Garland trial. Resumes tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 44s45 seconds ago
Cross-exam of Mohrbutter is done. She was the Crown's only witness of the day. Jury excused. Back tomorrow. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 38s39 seconds ago
No blood found on swabs of tailgate and interior of tailgate of #Garland truck, Mohrbutter tells Lutz.

I've been following from the beginning but not really commenting much. Words tend to fail me, especially regarding the DNA evidence :( I just wanted to say thanks again for those posting the tweets. The last trial I followed by tweet was the Tim Bosma case and I think I was spoiled by that - they did such a good job going into detail.

In my head I'm imagining/hoping poor little Nathan woke up to what he thought was just a really scary dream and then it was all over for him so quickly that he didn't suffer long at all. From all I've read about DG's obsessive hatred for AL, it seems likely DG purposely tortured KL because it would torture AL even more. What better way for DG to get his "revenge" on AL (not to mention whatever twisted fetish he had) than to make him see his dear wife suffer.

Sorry to be so graphic. As for jury deliberations, I can't imagine it taking them more than just minutes.

all moo

What on earth does this mean?

Dna was confirmed to be Kathy's but not confirmed to be blood because no enough. So technically this dna could have come from something besides blood, but even so it IS STILL KATHY'S DNA. Do you think the defence lawyer heard me??? Lol

Well, that was one damning day of testimony. Fate = sealed. I wonder if the defense will call any witnesses. Talk about an exercise in futility if they do.

Or Susan Clairmont. She was my favourite during the Bosma trial. Maybe this is new to these reporters. Live tweeting does seem like it would take some getting used to.

Well to my knowledge they are all being paid to be in that courtroom and their nightly online updates are lacking information too. I can't believe that actual court reporting is new to them. Maybe the tweeting part. But this afternoon was abysmal IMO.

This is all so disturbing and sending hugs to all involved and thanks for the group hug for us. Sometimes I feel like I am still in 2014 as the evidence unravels. When his planning was found on the hard drive you just want to tell the family to run because he was coming to get them. I never will understand what makes people think that murder is the answer because in the end most get caught. Is the next big case for Alberta the Hailey Dunbar Blanchette case? Does anyone know when that is?

May 8/17 for Hailey and Terry. Feb 20/18 for Shannon Burgess. Oct 30/17 for Jessica Newman. These past few years have been brutal.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 39s40 seconds ago
#Garland trial has ended for today. Will resume tomorrow at 10 a.m. #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 40s41 seconds ago
That's it for Day 15 of #Garland trial. Resumes tomorrow morning at 10 a.m.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 44s45 seconds ago
Cross-exam of Mohrbutter is done. She was the Crown's only witness of the day. Jury excused. Back tomorrow. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 38s39 seconds ago
No blood found on swabs of tailgate and interior of tailgate of #Garland truck, Mohrbutter tells Lutz.

He cleaned the truck really well. Just missed behind the license plate and a very small section where Kathy's DNA was found. But apparently that small spot wasn't even enough to confirm it was blood.

I believe that the big storage tank beside the door of the brown outbuilding is a water tank. Many of the farms, acreages around here have these where there is no hose hook up. :)

Well to my knowledge they are all being paid to be in that courtroom and their nightly online updates are lacking information too. I can't believe that actual court reporting is new to them. Maybe the tweeting part. But this afternoon was abysmal IMO.

Imo Kevin Martin gives the most information in his tweets. He even tweets things that some reporters skip. just my opinion and of course I am not following every reporter who is tweeting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member