Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would assume that Douglas had their blood on his gloves or clothes and it transferred to the light switch as he turned on the lights at some point.

Yes, I think so too about the light switch, the dumbbells could also be transferred blood or blood spatter.

I hope DG hears the screams and sees the eyes of his victims every second of every day. I can only hope he some how endures the same torture he delivered to these three people. Karma please pay up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think they will take very long at all.

I can't remember which trial it was but the Jury retired for deliberations and took a vote right out of the gate. All members of the Jury voted to convict immediately. It took them all of 10 minutes. They waited an hour to let the court know that they had a verdict because they were afraid that it might cause a mistrial if it looked like they didn't deliberate. LOL

I can see something similar happening here. If I were on the jury, I would have nothing to discuss. Guilty Guilty Guilty - all First Degree. Throw the key away.

I do wonder about the insulin and the dental anesthetic. I know it's difficult to tie it in but the fact of the matter is that he had it for a reason and quite a bit of it.

I'd like to know how he acquired it.

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago
Mohrbutter still under cross-examination following afternoon break in #Garland trial

I hope DG hears the screams and sees the eyes of his victims every second of every day. I can only hope he some how endures the same torture he delivered to these three people. Karma please pay up.

IMO he will never have a moment of remorse. It was all deserved in his mind.

Mohrbutter confirms none of #Garland DNA found in Liknes' home

You know what I would like to see? When this trial is over and DG is off to jail for the rest of his life, I'd like to see another event where thousands come together to remember NO and release thousands of green balloons again.
Maybe I'll do it for myself anyway, when the trial is over, release a green balloon for NO.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 45s46 seconds ago
Mohrbutter says no DNA found on a portion of the #Garland truck bed liner. Kathy Liknes DNA matched on license plate #yyc

You know what I would like to see? When this trial is over and DG is off to jail for the rest of his life, I'd like to see another event where thousands come together to remember NO and release thousands of green balloons again.
Maybe I'll do it for myself anyway, when the trial is over, release a green balloon for NO.

Great idea. Maybe we can make a plan for that once the Guilty verdict comes down. It would be therapeutic.

Mohrbutter confirms none of #Garland DNA found in Liknes' home

Maybe DG wore one of his tyvec suits to the L home. In fact, maybe when he went back to the truck, that's what he went for.

I do wonder about the insulin and the dental anesthetic. I know it's difficult to tie it in but the fact of the matter is that he had it for a reason and quite a bit of it.

I'd like to know how he acquired it.
I don't know if we'll ever find out if these drugs were used but I question how, and how effective, these would be. Both would take some time to take affect (effect? I've never got that right), I would think. So what was his plan exactly?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

This is all so disturbing and sending hugs to all involved and thanks for the group hug for us. Sometimes I feel like I am still in 2014 as the evidence unravels. When his planning was found on the hard drive you just want to tell the family to run because he was coming to get them. I never will understand what makes people think that murder is the answer because in the end most get caught. Is the next big case for Alberta the Hailey Dunbar Blanchette case? Does anyone know when that is?

Yes probably (wow, that's one evil guy), and then the Talia Marsmen case I assume. Too many child murders. What's happening to this province?

I can't remember which trial it was but the Jury retired for deliberations and took a vote right out of the gate. All members of the Jury voted to convict immediately. It took them all of 10 minutes. They waited an hour to let the court know that they had a verdict because they were afraid that it might cause a mistrial if it looked like they didn't deliberate. LOL

I can see something similar happening here. If I were on the jury, I would have nothing to discuss. Guilty Guilty Guilty - all First Degree. Throw the key away.

LOL Yes exactly. That is my prediction of what will happen in this case.

The jury will know right away their verdict of GUILTY but will sit in their deliberation room for about an hour before coming out just to make it look like they carefully debated. :)

Well by the time they elect a foreperson, go over all the judges instructions and the charging documents and take a vote, even if it's unanimous after the first vote, that's going to take up a few hours. And then sometimes the devil is in the details. Like that one holdout for second degree on NO perhaps. Who might need some extra instruction on the charges. We can never predict really.

No one was more surprised than those of us following the Luka Magnotta trial when the deliberations went for 8 days!

MOO

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 31s31 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Jim Lutz continuing his cross-examination of forensic DNA expert Vivian Mohrbutter at #Garland trial.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 31s31 seconds ago
Defence lawyer Jim Lutz continuing his cross-examination of forensic DNA expert Vivian Mohrbutter at #Garland trial.

Tweets are pretty slow emerging from the court room since the break.

This would be a wonderful gesture. Would love to hear about their community pulling together to do that for them.

I don't know if we'll ever find out if these drugs were used but I question how, and how effective, these would be. Both would take some time to take affect (effect? I've never got that right), I would think. So what was his plan exactly?

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I think his plan was likely to have just the two Liknes adults, alive and restrained, in his evil clutches for a longer period of time.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members