Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I never knew you could buy insulin without a prescription. Thanks for that.

Garland committed three murders at one time. I think dangerous offenders have to commit more than one murder at more than one time, so I don't think he's can be declared a dangerous offender. Russell Williams pled guilty, so his circumstances were different.

There are a number of parameters used to determine DO status. Here is the link to the section on this in the criminal code. I believe it was actually first used in regards to repeat sexual offenders who were not getting life sentences but who were considered a danger to society. They could use it to imprison these offenders indefinitely. But it has been used in the case of repeat murders as well. I would think that Paul Bernardo would fall into both categories so there is no question why he has been designated a DO. But I do believe the key is repeat pattern behaviour so I'm not sure DG will qualify. Unless they do find out he's responsible for any other murders.

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/section-753.html

MOO

No doubt - in Canada, once these monsters are taken away, you never see them again. Same with at trial - no pictures allowed, only drawings. It's par for the course - we really protect the bad guys here. It's only just recently (the Harper gov't) allowed for consecutive sentencing. It used to be 2, 3, 4, 5, whatever for 1 deal on murder. Kill as many as you like - you only have to pay for one (concurrent sentencing). <modsnip>

Actually ... not exactly. Dangerous offender status can be removed, or lifted.

"Lisa Neve, 26, was designated a dangerous offender in 1994, which meant she could be jailed indefinitely. She became one of only two women in Canada to be labelled a dangerous offender.

But on Thursday Neve walked out of the door of a Saskatchewan jail as a free woman. CBC reporter Cathy Tomlinson spent most of the day with Neve as she prepared for life on the outside. Tomlinson said the former inmate was "ecstatic" but also "in shock" and "nervous" about what to expect.

Chief Justice Catherine Fraser headed a three-member panel that took 15 months to examine Neve's case. Earlier this week the panel said in a statement that it was "not reasonable" for Neve to be ruled a dangerous offender.'"

Jul 02, 1999
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/former-dangerous-offender-neve-freed-1.185668

anything more that one hour is not necessary. He will be found guilty for all 3. And first degree. Jmo

Agree. Yet if I was a Juror I think I would need to discuss as to the why if all voted Guilty off the hop. Affirmation I guess. Lay it down and go home. I think sometimes Jurors need to go thru the process in order to process.IMO.

It is my belief he drilled the lock in advance. It's just a guess. I could be wrong. From the pictures it's not really all that noticeable and if it wasn't a main entrance, it could go unnoticed for weeks. I imagine drilling the lock is something that would take a bit of time.

I wish that could be proven. As if there wasn't enough evidence to prove premeditation...

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

I think drilling the lock rendered it useless. Surely they'd notice a lock on their house that wasn't actually locking if this had been done in advance. Depending of course how often they used that door.

I think drilling the lock rendered it useless. Surely they'd notice a lock on their house that wasn't actually locking if this had been done in advance. Depending of course how often they used that door.

Oh and since I can't edit without deleting I believe they said that lock can be drilled in 3-5 minutes.

For those asking about the Master Bdrm photos, there were 3 photos that I have seen thus far. You can also see what appears to be the clothes KL was wearing in the last photo taken of her with her 2 grandson beside the bed inside out (Blue Check pattern & Dark Blue Shirt
All from https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/media

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• a.PNG
    a.PNG
    933.9 KB · Views: 196
  • bed.jpg
    bed.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 192
  • master1.PNG
    master1.PNG
    778.2 KB · Views: 191
  • stain.jpg
    stain.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 53
Thanks gen_bug. Looks to me like AL got up out of the bed, scuffled with his attacker and was ultimately taken down at the side of the bed, where he likely laid until he was wrapped up and transported to the truck.

KL on the other hand, may have been able to flee after she was first attacked. So perhaps she was able to flee down the stairs and was trying to get out the side door to get help when she was finally taken down and then dragged to the truck.

MOO

Thanks gen_bug. Looks to me like AL got up out of the bed, scuffled with his attacker and was ultimately taken down at the side of the bed, where he likely laid until he was wrapped up and transported to the truck.

KL on the other hand, may have been able to flee after she was first attacked. So perhaps she was able to flee down the stairs and was trying to get out the side door to get help when she was finally taken down and then dragged to the truck.

MOO

We should find out more from the blood spatter expert. As much as i hate violent crimes i do find this type of evidence interesting. The blood pattern will tell a story.

I think KL was attacked in the spare bedroom, I don't think she was able to flee before the attack. I think she was then dragged down the stairs. The one tweet mentions that KL blood was found at bottom of the stairs, but in photo it looks like someone was dragged down them. I do think that KL put up one hell of a fight.

Kevin Martin &#8207;@KMartinCourts 12s12 seconds ago
More
Swab of bloodstained bed found in spare bedroom of Liknes home matched Kathy Liknes' DNA profile, says Mohrbutter. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson &#8207;@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
More
Kathryn Liknes' DNA was found multiple places including on a wall in the bedroom, bottom of the stairs, door knob #Garland#yyc

attachment.php

It also looks like faint drag marks from the Master Bedroom coming out into the hallway.

attachment.php

I have also wondered in the past if the unknown prints in the kitchen at Marker #4 could be from DG as well. I had thought perhaps he had come back into the home later on, to mop up floor/erase footprints in the kitchen. We know that AL and KL Dna is found on the mop, and with the CCTV testimony the other day about him returning to the neighbourhood - I really wonder if perhaps he did re-enter the house to do this, after he had showered and possibly changed shoes...ie: other shoe prints. Just some of the wanderings of my mind anyways

Pics from https://twitter.com/MetroLucie

Attachments

• scene2.PNG
    scene2.PNG
    274.5 KB · Views: 214
  • scene1.jpg
    scene1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 210
I am still curious as to whose teeth were located at the Liknes home. They touched base about the earring found, but nothing about the teeth...unless I missed something.

The forensic dentist, Dr. Bill Blair, testified Thursday he was asked by police to examine the dental evidence collected during the investigation.

One of two teeth found on the floor of the Liknes's bloodstained home, where the victims were last seen, "had some consistencies with Alvin Liknes," according to the dentist.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...e-murder-liknes-nathan-obrien-teeth-1.3963432

I think KL was attacked in the spare bedroom, I don't think she was able to flee before the attack. I think she was then dragged down the stairs. The one tweet mentions that KL blood was found at bottom of the stairs, but in photo it looks like someone was dragged down them. I do think that KL put up one hell of a fight.

More
Swab of bloodstained bed found in spare bedroom of Liknes home matched Kathy Liknes' DNA profile, says Mohrbutter. #Garland

More
Kathryn Liknes' DNA was found multiple places including on a wall in the bedroom, bottom of the stairs, door knob #Garland#yyc

attachment.php

It also looks like faint drag marks from the Master Bedroom coming out into the hallway.

attachment.php

I have also wondered in the past if the unknown prints in the kitchen at Marker #4 could be from DG as well. I had thought perhaps he had come back into the home later on, to mop up floor/erase footprints in the kitchen. We know that AL and KL Dna is found on the mop, and with the CCTV testimony the other day about him returning to the neighbourhood - I really wonder if perhaps he did re-enter the house to do this, after he had showered and possibly changed shoes...ie: other shoe prints. Just some of the wanderings of my mind anyways

In the picture of the stairs it looks like he dragged Kathy down the stairs then left her there or maybe just put her down for a minute where the blood pools at the bottom.

Can I just add that every time I see pictures of the inside of that house it makes me sick to my stomach. Think of all the love and memories that house held for that family. Only to be turned into their worst nightmare.

332 accidents in the last 24 hours in Calgary ... -40 with windchill.
Not a good day to go out, but I suspect the DNA evidence testimony will draw many into the deep freeze.

I work in auto insurance. In Calgary. Everyone drive carefully, please. And don't leave your vehicle running in your driveway.

The photos of L house really don't show a lot of blood, considering how much trauma they were subjected to. DG's cleaning efforts?

I can't speak about pet insulin...but I am an insulin dependent diabetic and can confirm that I do need a prescription and get it filled at a pharmacy.

There are several different kinds of insulin. The two main types are: slow, long acting (you take it once a day, and it slowly takes effect and stays in your system all day); and fast, short acting (you take it with a meal, it takes effect within minutes and only lasts a short period of time).

So if DG was using insulin to incapacitate, he would need to use a fast, short acting one. Also, doses vary and if he doesn't know what he was doing, he could kill someone instead of just incapacitate.

I do wonder about the insulin and the dental anesthetic. I know it's difficult to tie it in but the fact of the matter is that he had it for a reason and quite a bit of it.

I'd like to know how he acquired it.

MOO

I know I've mentioned this theory once before but I can't seem to get it out of my head. Seeing KL's clothes on the floor beside the bed makes me wonder if AL's shorts were on the floor on his side of the bed. I wonder if AL heard a noise, and was pulling on his shorts to go check it out when he was attacked and a struggle ensued. I know my dad sleeps in his underwear but would put bottoms on if he knew his kids or grandkids were in the house. This could also explain the Toyota key fob found in the burn barrel.

I wonder if DG "revealed" himself to A + K? Did he say anything to them or was he just a scary, anonymous tyvek suited intruder?

Garland committed three murders at one time. I think dangerous offenders have to commit more than one murder at more than one time, so I don't think he's can be declared a dangerous offender. Russell Williams pled guilty, so his circumstances were different.

Dustin Paxton was declared a dangerous offender from his role in starving & savagely beating his business partner and roommate. I think a judge has to determine that they are dangerous to the public at large.

I wonder if DG "revealed" himself to A + K? Did he say anything to them or was he just a scary, anonymous tyvek suited intruder?

I'm willing to guess he wanted his victims to know it was him and exactly why he was doing what he was doing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More

More

attachment.php

attachment.php

Regarding the mop, if it wasn't blood DNA, then DNA from the home owners on the mop doesn't really tell us anything we wouldn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3