Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ncy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 24s24 seconds ago
More
BREAKING:Defence for accused triple murderer Douglas #Garland tells court they will not be calling any evidence

ncy hixtverified account ‏@nancyhixt 24s24 seconds ago
more
breaking:defence for accused triple murderer douglas #garland tells court they will not be calling any evidence

yes yes yes

Sorry not sure what happened there. In my rush.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 24s24 seconds ago
BREAKING:Defence for accused triple murderer Douglas #Garland tells court they will not be calling any evidence

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 25s25 seconds ago
Jurors will hear final arguments from Crown and defence on Monday. #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 39s39 seconds ago
UPDATE: the defence in #Garland trial will NOT bring evidence, Garland will not testify #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 46s46 seconds ago
This means Douglas #Garland will not take the stand. #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Kim Ross says the defence will call no evidence. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 37s37 seconds ago
Jury charge (legal directions) will be delivered by Justice David Gates Tuesday morning, deliberations will begin on Tuesday #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 40s40 seconds ago
The #Garland trial is adjourned until Monday - when we will hear final arguments. Charge to the charge expected Tuesday @CTVCalgary

ncy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 24s24 seconds ago
More

I'm sorry but WTF.

WHY
WHY THEN
WHYYYYYYYYY

Did they put the family, the jury, the city, the witnesses, the taxpayers...freaking EVERYONE through this terrible trial? WHY

I am so angry. So angry.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 36s36 seconds ago

"on Tuesday morning you should come with your toothbrush with the expectation you will be spending some time together," said Gates. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Closing arguments to be heard Monday morning. Jurors told to bring a toothbrush on Tuesday morning ahead of being sequestered. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 45s45 seconds ago
Judge is talking to the jury about the disturbing evidence in this trial, symptoms to watch out for re stress/trauma. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 46s46 seconds ago
Before the jury begins deliberations the name of one juror will be drawn and that person will not take part in deciding the case. #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 23s23 seconds ago
Judge says give yourself permission to react to what you have heard, do not try and block out thoughts of what has happened #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 51s51 seconds ago
Gates is advising jurors about signs of stress and how to cope with what they've heard over the last four weeks. #Garland

Can Garland use this as a appeal method in the future? If he wanted to speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 37s37 seconds ago
Judge Gates tells jury they've been through a difficult process, be confident you can cope. Reach to love ones about feelings #Garland #yyc

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 45s45 seconds ago
Gates telling jurors they've had a tough four weeks. "You have been through a difficult, even distressing experience." #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 56s56 seconds ago
Closing arguments of both Crown and defence Monday; judge will instruct jury Tuesday before they are sequestered to decide verdict. #Garland

I'm sorry but WTF.

WHY
WHY THEN
WHYYYYYYYYY

Did they put the family, the jury, the city, the witnesses, the taxpayers...freaking EVERYONE through this terrible trial? WHY

I am so angry. So angry.
HE did. He put them through it - because it's his legal right and because he wanted to relive it all and cause as much pain as possible before he disappears into a tiny little room for the rest of his pathetic life.

That should read why did DG put everyone through this. A guilty plea would have prevented all of this.

Lucie Edwardson
‏@MetroLucie

This means Douglas #Garland will not take the stand. #yyc
12:50 PM - 9 Feb 2017

DG, I do not want to talk about the Liknes ...

I'm sorry but WTF.

WHY
WHY THEN
WHYYYYYYYYY

I am so angry. So angry.

Defence rarely presents evidence and it's even rarer for the accused to take the stand. It would be shocking if they were presenting evidence.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 44s44 seconds ago
Gates tells jury to avoid alcohol and caffeine, maintain regular sleep pattern-says take a nap"preferably not during court" #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 51s51 seconds ago
Most of the time those intense emotions resolve on their own says Gates. "They are part of a natural healing process." #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 54s54 seconds ago
"Reach out to the people who love and support you," advises judge to #Garland jury. Maintain good diet, sleep patterns, avoid alcohol.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Justice Gates telling jurors to look out for any signs of distress they may suffer in light of having heard the #Garland case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shachio8485