Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Closet door

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 31s32 seconds ago
Photo shown now that looks like bloody handprint on closet door, looked like it had swiped downward. DNA was Kathy and Nathan's #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 46s47 seconds ago
There was a 60 cm blood swipe mark @ top of stairs. Arns said "friction ridges" indicate to her it's from a hand. #Garland #yyc

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Arns shows jurors a "swipe" pattern on closet door which appears to have been caused by a hand, says Arns. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
DNA from the hand swipe mark had a mixed profile. Major matched Kathryn Liknes and minor matched Nathan O'Brien. #Garland #yyc

Hand swipe pattern on closet door container both Kathy Liknes and Nathan O'Brien's DNA. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
On stairwell to second level, friction ridges "indicates it was a hand," says Arns. DNA of Kathy and Nathan from the blood. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Arns: described swipe pattern on closet door at top of stairs- said pattern "to me indicates its a hand" -DNA of Kathy and Nathan #Garland

Mid-morning break in #Garland trial.

#Garland trial taking mid-morning break #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Arns says bloody print on closet door at top of stairwell indicates to be a hand. DNA matches Kathy Liknes and Nathan O'Brien #Garland #yyc

Mid-morning break in #Garland trial.

#Garland trial taking mid-morning break #yyc

Arns says bloody print on closet door at top of stairwell indicates to be a hand. DNA matches Kathy Liknes and Nathan O'Brien #Garland #yyc

This is going to be a hard day of testimony. I started crying when I read that the handprint was a mixture of Kathy and Nathan's blood. I just know she fought so hard to protect her grandson.

Whew! Hard to keep up at times. Sorry, I just didn't have time to post warnings on every post.
I'm trying to reduce duplicate tweets from the many reporters. Also trying to grab the interior pictures for others to use in mapping the house - if someone is still doing that.
-JS

This is going to be a hard day of testimony. I started crying when I read that the handprint was a mixture of Kathy and Nathan's blood. I just know she fought so hard to protect her grandson.
Same here, but sadly it looks that they may have been able to walk out ... the worst scenario, I hope I'm wrong ..

Just noticed the date on this and not sure what to make of it...

[video=twitter;829091186270941184]https://twitter.com/MetroLucie/status/829091186270941184[/video]

#Garland trial now resuming with more evidence from bloodstain pattern analyst Jodi Arns.

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 44s44 seconds ago
What appears to be four finger swipes to on closet door was 8 cm wide, says Arns. #Garland

I know we knew they were all deceased, but today just feels like being hit in the gut. I can't imagine the family and friends pain hearing these details. Why the heck couldn't he have left Nathan alone? Ugh! Such a senseless tragedy!

I just want to say, it's a wonderful community you've got up there. I'm a Chicagoan and if we had half the strength and banding together that you locals have? Well, we wouldn't be known for our daily murders, as we are.

Thanks for all you do, twitter posters and locals who give insight (and converted from meters in a previous thread - it's appreciated)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 43s43 seconds ago
Another quick reminder that images/detail might be disturbing. Arns is now moving into the second level of the Liknes home. #Garland #yyc

Transfer bloodstain on wall at top of stairwell came back as Nathan O'Brien's DNA, says Arns. #Garland

Another blood transfer stain on the wall opposite the door of where a hand print was, matches DNA from Nathan O'Brien #Garland #yyc

A blood transfer stain 56cm above floor was noted at the top the stairs on 2nd floor landing. DNA for Nathan was a match. #Garland #yyc

Whew! Hard to keep up at times. Sorry, I just didn't have time to post warnings on every post.
I'm trying to reduce duplicate tweets from the many reporters. Also trying to grab the interior pictures for others to use in mapping the house - if someone is still doing that.
-JS

Don't worry! I think that we all know how graphic today's testimony is because it's a blood spatter analysis...you are doing great like usual 😉 the whole entire case is graphic 😢

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 38s38 seconds ago
Below the transfer stain on 2nd floor landing, there were further blood spatter and transfer stains. DNA match for Kathryn. #Garland #yyc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay