Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In both American and Canadian trials - if the defense has no witnesses to help their client, they won't call any - simple as that. They simply had no one that had anything to testify to that would build any reasonable doubt.

ALERT! ARREST VIDEO!

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 2m2 minutes ago

#Garland arrest video has been released.
Story coming. #yyc
So release the darn thing already Lucas!!!

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

This has been a nail biting week, eh? Like everyone, my brain has been whirling with questions. One of my trains of thought is this.. DG is now 57 yo (54 in '14). His parents are elderly and somewhat infirm. He's been living with Mummy and Daddy for many years. Mummy loves him and cooks and cleans and caters to him. Daddy was grateful to have a helping hand all these years on the ranch. One sister appears to be distanced from the family, though I can't remember where she actually lives. Patti G. is around and I suspect helps and supports her parents as a daughter might. According to some of the things we are lead to believe, there is like no shortage of animosity between PG and DG. Sibling stuff writ large. DG can see the writing on the wall. Mum and Dad are needing more care and attention and upkeep of the farm could be more than any of them are up for. Was there talk of selling and downsizing? If so, what would that look like for the threesome? If elder G is failing physically and cognitively, he may need placement. Mum may have offers to move in with PG. That would leave DG out in the cold to fend for himself. Alvin and Kathy were moving on and appeared to be making comfortable retirement plans. It has the appearances of everyone moving along in their lives and being taken care of and spending their days comfortably, which would not be the case for DG if the farm and property was sold. Just wondering is any of these behind the scenes possibilities held any sway into tipping him over the edge? I cannot imagine he is much of a cook.

In both American and Canadian trials - if the defense has no witnesses to help their client, they won't call any - simple as that. They simply had no one that had anything to testify to that would build any reasonable doubt.

It's actually a little more complicated than that.

[video=twitter;829807705363603457]https://twitter.com/meyer_lucas/status/829807705363603457[/video]

This has been a nail biting week, eh? Like everyone, my brain has been whirling with questions. One of my trains of thought is this.. DG is now 57 yo (54 in '14). His parents are elderly and somewhat infirm. He's been living with Mummy and Daddy for many years. Mummy loves him and cooks and cleans and caters to him. Daddy was grateful to have a helping hand all these years on the ranch. One sister appears to be distanced from the family, though I can't remember where she actually lives. Patti G. is around and I suspect helps and supports her parents as a daughter might. According to some of the things we are lead to believe, there is like no shortage of animosity between PG and DG. Sibling stuff writ large. DG can see the writing on the wall. Mum and Dad are needing more care and attention and upkeep of the farm could be more than any of them are up for. Was there talk of selling and downsizing? If so, what would that look like for the threesome? If elder G is failing physically and cognitively, he may need placement. Mum may have offers to move in with PG. That would leave DG out in the cold to fend for himself. Alvin and Kathy were moving on and appeared to be making comfortable retirement plans. It has the appearances of everyone moving along in their lives and being taken care of and spending their days comfortably, which would not be the case for DG if the farm and property was sold. Just wondering is any of these behind the scenes possibilities held any sway into tipping him over the edge? I cannot imagine he is much of a cook.

And another thought that keeps floating through my head .... was this a trial run before he got rid of hus parents in a similar fashion?

I have to ask,.....is that really grass or is it a crop of some sort? I get the feeling it's a crop.

In the first few days of the search for Nathan, Kathy, and Alvin my sister, mom and myself took my Dodge Ram 4x4 into the entrance area of the field (the one that DG was eventually arrested in) to see if we could find anything of interest. That field was a nightmare to maneuver through. Ended up needing a tow truck to come out to rescue us. I can't even imagine trying to get through it in the dark, on foot no less.

[video=twitter;829819453575745544]https://twitter.com/metrocalgary/status/829819453575745544[/video]

full arrest video here

[video=youtube;_TOpGJMhG8k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TOpGJMhG8k[/video]

ETA: Notice the GPS coordinates change in the top left as they move the camera around? really cool technology :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay