Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 1m1 minute ago
Judge Gates stops on a couple of occasions when speaking about five-year-old Nathan O' Brien's fate to jury. #Garland

This trial has been hard on everybody.

Yikes!! The judge should not be giving his opinion as to what occurred.

That is not an opinion. Jennifer O'Brien testified that it was a last-minute decision for Nathan to spend the night. No one would expect Nathan to be at a home he didn't live at.

I'm quite sure the Prosecution, through Jennifer O'Brien, somewhere back in the tweets stated it would have been a surprise to find Nathan there because it wasn't planned. I think we're OK.

Haha. I hear that. I wonder how many people are at work in Calgary following right now.
Not even just Calgary. I've been follow here for the duration - work or days off.
The O'Brien and Liknes families have been adopted across Canada and beyond. :loveyou:

Almost there.......meant to say also that DG is squirming in his diaper by now most likely.

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 35s36 seconds ago
Gates says it will be up to the jury to decide if Nathan O'Brien was taken from his grandparent's home and killed at the #Garland farm.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 38s39 seconds ago
Gates: jury needs to decide if Nathan was taken alive from the Liknes home and killed at #Garland farm (unlawfully confinded)

I know we've all thought and many have said this before, but why didn't the monster just lock Nathan in a bedroom and leave him behind or even tied him up and left him behind WHY did he have to include him in the murder plan??? I so hope that Kathy or Alvin didn't have to witness their grandson hurt and bleeding but sadly, I think it was an awful scene for all 3....

This morning, many hours ago, when the judge first began Jury Instructions he also stated they were not to take lawyers or his opinions as fact, only consider the evidence.

All is well.

I am learning so much from this trial and from all of you

The discussion on this thread has been very informative. As much as I hate what brought us together, it has been a pleasure, listening, discussing, and feeling with all of you. I don't think a Mod has once had to step in and break us up. I've learned tons and unfortunately some of it I wish I never had. :gaah:

Yikes!! The judge should not be giving his opinion as to what occurred.

That's not an opinion. None of the evidence shows that he researched Nathan and had a deliberate plan for Nathan ergo surprised by Nathan's presence. He then had a choice.......

I know we've all thought and many have said this before, but why didn't the monster just lock Nathan in a bedroom and leave him behind or even tied him up and left him behind WHY did he have to include him in the murder plan??? I so hope that Kathy or Alvin didn't have to witness their grandson hurt and bleeding but sadly, I think it was an awful scene for all 3....

I go back and forth on why he included Nathan in the plan. He either decided it would be torturous for Alvin to have to watch and know his grandson was murdered or he just wanted to eliminate Nathan as a witness.

I go back and forth on why he included Nathan in the plan. He either decided it would be torturous for Alvin to have to watch and know his grandson was murdered or he just wanted to eliminate Nathan as a witness.

I think the latter.

I wonder if the jurors have been handed their Decision Tree yet? If I was juror by now I think I'd have mine all filled out, ready to vote. 1st Degree Guilty x 3.

The discussion on this thread has been very informative. As much as I hate what brought us together, it has been a pleasure, listening, discussing, and feeling with all of you. I don't think a Mod has once had to step in and break us up. I've learned tons and unfortunately some of it I wish I never had. :gaah:

You are so right. I hate what this trial is about and what happened, but I have definitely learned a lot about Canada's court system. And it has been such a pleasure to not have nit-picky squabbles amongst us. Thank you all for being such a wonderful group. I do expect we will cross paths in more trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beffers101