Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like this guy.

Michael Platt
@SUNMichaelPlatt
Guilty of first on all three counts.Family gasped and is weeping openly. #Garland looks ticked off #yyc

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 20s21 seconds ago
Family very emotional. Douglas Garland not showing any emotion. #Garland

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 42s43 seconds ago
Jury finds #Garland guilty of all three counts of first degree murder

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 44s45 seconds ago
Family crying, no reaction from #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 46s47 seconds ago
Count 2, guilty first degree murder. Count 3, guilty of first degree murder. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 46s47 seconds ago
Verdicts in #Garland case. Guilty of 1st degree in deaths of Alvin Liknes, Kathy Liknes and Nathan O'Brien.

I'm going to sit here and just look at this page for a while. It's good. Perfect.

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 59s59 seconds ago
#Garland is sitting still - looking at the judge - shows no emotion

Jordan KanyginVerified account ‏@CTVJKanygin 1m1 minute ago
Audible sobs from families of Nathan, Alvin and Kathy as verdicts read. Douglas #Garland sits silently in prisoners box, no reaction.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
#Garland remains emotionless in the prisoners box, while some jurors weep #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
This is so emotional in the court room-tears -relief as jury convicts Douglas #Garland of 3 counts of first degree murder

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Families of Alvin, Kathy and Nathan burst into tears, hugging one another, as last 1st degree murder is counted for the little boy. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Emotional outburst from family members, Jennifer O'Brien is crying. #Garland

Yes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepping away for a few. Will catch up Tweets shortly.

Good day, good day today.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 52s53 seconds ago
Jury will return to jury room to consider the question of parole eligibility. #Garland, does not need to be unanimous.

Good to see you skibs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks ! I tried to keep up on holiday but it was hopeless and I like to think I've got a thick skin but it just got too much. I hate it but I had to step away. I wanted to be here for this so thank you so much spelly for letting me know. <3

Tears are flowing....

Justice is served!!!

Douglas #Garland guilty of 1st degree murder in death of Kathy Liknes
Douglas Garland guilty of first-degree murder of Nathan O'Brien. Guilty on all three counts of first-degree murder.
YES!! We all knew that though... Great job Jurors!
:judge:

Now, he should have his tax payer funded dinner with the general population in jail.

Nancy HixtVerified account &#8207;@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Jury being asked for their recommendation on parole for #Garland -if consecutive could be life no chance of parole for 75 years

[[URL="https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=CBCMeg" said:
Meghan Grant[/URL]@CBCMeg]
Justice Gates: multiple murderers can serve consecutive parole ineligibilities so jurors asked if they want make recommendation #Garland.

Yes!! Please!!

Meghan Grant &#8207;@CBCMeg 4m4 minutes ago

Justice Gates: multiple murderers can serve consecutive parole ineligibilities so jurors asked if they want make recommendation #Garland

Meghan Grant &#8207;@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago

If #Garland serves consecutive parole ineligibilities, will be life sentence w/ no parole for 75 years

Meghan Grant Retweeted Meghan Grant
That would tie w/ NB Mountie killer for stiffest sentence in the country since Canada had the death penaltyMeghan Grant &#8207;@CBCMeg 2m2 minutes ago

Kevin MartinVerified account &#8207;@KMartinCourts 15s15 seconds ago
Jurors now retiring to determine if they wish to recommend consecutive periods of parole ineligibility. #Garland

Can someone please find a link for the pic of the balloon release so we can leave it up !!

:tyou:

I'm so happy for CPS as wel. It was such as well coordinated investigation, considering no bodies, no loose ends.
Alberta's other recent no body case, the McCanns was bungled from beginning to the end by the RCMP.

Way to go CPS, you done the city proud!

#Garland looks ticked off
GOOD!

Okay - past my bed time.... :eek:fftobed: I can sleep really good tonight!

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member