Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 47s47 seconds ago
Gates says he shares some of the defence's concerns. #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 48s48 seconds ago
Judge: "Why?" he asks when Sanders says victims shouldn't be commenting on the judicial process. She rescinds that last submission #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 1m1 minute ago
Sanders says victim should not be commenting on the judicial process. "Why?" asks Gates. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Sanders unhappy with Rod O'Brien wring #Garland's penalty being imposed by court or god. "Well I have no control over god," said Gates.

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 57s58 seconds ago
"it's beyond the reach of the justice system" says Gates of a paragraph in Rod O'Brien's statement.#Garland

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 2m2 minutes ago
Justice says he shares some of Defence's concerns. Crown now responding.

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 1m1 minute ago
Sanders now making photo copies of the statements made; photo copier next to judge. Some in family section laugh over the scene. #Garland

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 2m2 minutes ago
It looks like the photocopier is out of paper. Clerk refilling it. #garland
Gong show!!

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 50s50 seconds ago
Sounds like the issues are comments regarding what will happen to Douglas #Garland in after life. 1/2

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 1m1 minute ago
Lucie Edwardson Retweeted Lucie Edwardson
Crown argues their religious beliefs will not affect the decision of the court in terms of parol or eligibility. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 51s51 seconds ago
Now on some of the points the court has raised, Judge Gates understands, Crown now countering #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 57s57 seconds ago
A moment of laughter as Crown Vicki Faulkner says judge's reach "does not extend beyond the afterlife," and judge agrees heartily. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 1m1 minute ago
Judge says he does share some of the concerns of defence. Relate to what happens to #Garland in afterlife...religious stuff

Crown argues that "your reach does not extend that far". Gates agrees "No it certainly does not". #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 49s49 seconds ago
Gates asks for assessment of how #Garland had appeared in trial, and description of him, to be taken out. Prosecution agrees.

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 1m1 minute ago
Gates says two parts of Jennifer O'Brien's statement will have to come out, including an adjective that she used to describe #Garland

"Mrs. O'Brien's description of Mr.#Garland is not helpful" says Gates, adding an "adjective" should be removed. Crown agrees. #yyc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 1m1 minute ago
Gates agrees to remove some descriptors of #Garland by Jennifer O'Brien-also references to how he has appeared during the trial

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 50s50 seconds ago
Sounds like the issues are comments regarding what will happen to Douglas #Garland in after life. 1/2

Lucie Edwardson Retweeted Lucie Edwardson
Crown argues their religious beliefs will not affect the decision of the court in terms of parol or eligibility. #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 51s51 seconds ago
Now on some of the points the court has raised, Judge Gates understands, Crown now countering #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 57s57 seconds ago
A moment of laughter as Crown Vicki Faulkner says judge's reach "does not extend beyond the afterlife," and judge agrees heartily. #Garland

Judge says he does share some of the concerns of defence. Relate to what happens to #Garland in afterlife...religious stuff

Crown argues that "your reach does not extend that far". Gates agrees "No it certainly does not". #Garland

Bahahahaha the afterlife. Love this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just reading about the shenanigans over the Victim Impact Statements is giving me a headache and an intense feeling of rage. I can't imagine how the family is feeling about this s***show.

Gates says last sentence in Jennifer O'Brien's statement needs to be removed as well. #Garland

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 1m1 minute ago
Also a passage re Mr Garland's appearance during the trial needs to be removed. As does her last sentence. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 36s36 seconds ago
The statements in question are Rod and Jennifer O'Brien's. They'll be amended #Garland

"I accept that is the way Mrs. O'Brien feels, and I'm not surprised.. it's not helpful to me" Gates. x-out areas shouldn't be read #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 1m1 minute ago
Gates agrees Jennifer O'Brien's comment about her assessment of how Mr. #Garland has appeared during the trial, should be removed.

There are a few areas Gates agrees should be removed from Jennifer O'Brein's statement. Crown now ammending #Garland #yyc

Justice Gates has agreed that some words in victims' statements need to be removed #Garland

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 1m1 minute ago
Judge Gates some of the content is not helpful, now going over which portions can stay or go #Garland #yyc

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 47s48 seconds ago
Passage in Jennifer O'Brien statement about #Garland appearance are removed. Now editing them. #yyc

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 53s54 seconds ago
Crown is now editing statement Jennifer O'Brien will read. Justice Gates double checked. #Garland

Crown prosecutor Vicki Faulkner now editing Rod O'Brien's statement so he can read it in court. #Garland

Jennifer O'Brien hands her statement to Crown so it can be amended. It came out of a brown folder that has a photo of Nathan inside #Garland

Jmo it probably said "rot in hell"

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 31s31 seconds ago
After an hour delay, we are ready. First will be Jennifer O'Brien, Nathan's mother. #Garland #yuc

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 45s45 seconds ago
Jennifer O'Brien will read her statement now #Garland

I hope she says it all anyway.

Lucas MeyerVerified account ‏@meyer_lucas 30s30 seconds ago
Jennifer O'Brien: I still hurt and ache... sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I cry all day. #Garland #yyc

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 32s32 seconds ago
"Sometimes I'm angry, sometimes I just cry all day..." #Garland

Embracing the victims with strength! Xo

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 42s42 seconds ago
Jennifer: Our family has faced public pain. Sometimes I just cry all day.

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 46s46 seconds ago
Jennifer O'Brien says "pain is never ending" in her victim impact statement. #Garl

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 2m2 minutes ago
Jennifer: 2.5yrs removed from the tragedy I still fight the darkness that threatens to take me down." #Garlandand

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 41s41 seconds ago
Jennifer says she's turned to the Lord to "give us a shield" and that her faith comforts her knowing she'll one day be reunited. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 47s47 seconds ago
Jennifer says she's had to seek out a new life, the old one ended the day she walked into her parents house
#Garland

Says her old life stopped when she walked into her parent's home and discovered the bloody scene. #Garland #yyc

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 33s33 seconds ago
Jennifer says "there is an always will be a missing place in our lives." Says she often looks to empty chair at family dinner table #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 39s39 seconds ago
"Doug has taken so much from my family and I," says Jennifer. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 46s46 seconds ago
Jennifer: Remember sitting at the family supper table the first time only able to focus on the empty chair

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 28s28 seconds ago
Jennifer: "I'm much more exhausted by life now," hard to focus on family, career, just enjoying life. #Garland

Bill GravelandVerified account ‏@BillGraveland 29s29 seconds ago
"I will never feel joy 100 per cent again," she said. "I'm much more exhausted by life now." #Garland

Raffy BoudjikanianVerified account ‏@CBCRaffy 31s31 seconds ago
She likes seeing her son's Nathan's come over and play...but pained to know she'll never see Nathan score a hockey goal. #Garland

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 37s37 seconds ago
I find it hard to focus, raise a family, focus on career. #Garland

Kevin MartinVerified account ‏@KMartinCourts 42s42 seconds ago
Jennifer O'Brien says she feels sad seeing Nathan's friend grow knowing she will never see him grow. #Garland

MSM should offer to publish the uncensored statements if the O'Briens want.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 41s42 seconds ago
Jenn expresses her anger with many media/journalists--on how she feels this case has been covered #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 48s49 seconds ago
Jennifer: Some media have hurt her family, sharing videos of family home, fighting for photos of bodies. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 53s54 seconds ago
Jennifer says the way some media portrayed the case hurt her family #Garland #yyc

Bryan LabbyVerified account ‏@CBCBryan 53s54 seconds ago
Jennifer: Max will only have the videos we have of him and his brother. #Garland

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 58s59 seconds ago
Jennifer says she cannot focus on her career or family in the same way she used to. She's "exhausted" #Garland #yyc

Jennifer speaks of 13-year-old son and how he's impacted. He has had to deal with so much.

Jennifer: Nathan's big brother Luke, "no child should ever have to face what he has had to face." #Garland

Ina SidhuVerified account ‏@CTVInaSidhu 1m1 minute ago
"I cry for my son Luke who is thrust into traumatic loss" (Nathan's older brother) #Garland

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney 36s36 seconds ago
Jennifer: as she looks at the "man who killed my family" talks about how it has been a traumatic experience. #Garland

Meghan GrantVerified account ‏@CBCMeg 37s37 seconds ago
Jennifer: The whole experience has been long, challenging..cruel. Grief has done a number on Rod and I. We grieve very differently

Lucie Edwardson ‏@MetroLucie 53s53 seconds ago
"I sit in the courtroom reliving the horror and in the same room with the man who killed my family" #Garland

Reid FiestVerified account ‏@ReidFiest 1m1 minute ago
O'Brien says her sons Luke and Max will miss their brother. #Garland

"Year one was a blur of shock," says Jennifer. #Garland

Jennifer lashes out at 'some' media for publishing bloody photos and asking for court exhibits (aerial photos) to be released. #Garland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman