Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally off topic but ... with an intense case in NC, all the locals got together after the trial to have coffee and discuss the case. Is there any interest in doing that with this case?

Sure
:gathering:

OK please don't go accusing me of starting any misinformation peeps, but is Blatchford insinuating that Nathan was definitely decapitated and it's debatable as to whether Alvin and Kathy were? TIA

No. I don't think the image of nathan was even clear enough to say it was him for sure but the image of the adults was clear enough to say they were definitely the victims but it was debatable if they were decapitated. That's how I interpreted it.

No. I don't think the image of nathan was even clear enough to say it was him for sure but the image of the adults was clear enough to say they were definitely the victims but it was debatable if they were decapitated. That's how I interpreted it.

This is my interpretation also.

I've been following the case from the beginning and save for a few posts on the first thread have been silent. I was on a cross Canada trip when the story first broke and I remember night after night as soon as we got to a motel I would log onto WS to follow the latest developments. When we got caught in Hurricane Arthur and lost service for the night I remember driving my husband crazy that I couldn't log on. I desperately hope that a guilty verdict comes in today but honestly guys I'm getting a little worried. Is the unthinkable even possible? I don't even want to imagine. We need to hear from the jury today.

Looking back, I think that the Calgary Police should offer a position on the force to Wondergirl.

By post number 54, she figured out the patent connection, and by post 159, she had figured out that the Liknes' could have been targeted for their business relationships, that Nathan was an "inconvenience", that a vehicle was involved, that a weapon and at least one person was involved, and that the sleepover was a last minute plan.

Whew!

Geez eh? God how I wish this never happened to those fine people. Just breaks my heart. :-(

The last few pages of the previous thread - after the final break...man were those emotional Tweets to read. When it got to when the Judge was breaking a bit - I lost it. I really felt for the family, the jurors and even the judge. It all just poured out. I imagine how emotional and difficult that would have been for juror #1. I imagine a lot of tears when they said their goodbyes. My heart just breaks for the good people involved. And I seethe with rage at the pure evil of the man responsible for all this pain and suffering.

I'm out and about all day today as well. I'm hoping the verdict comes in earlier rather than later. I'm going to be the "catching up" girl today. BTW, I was so impressed by Sully that I decided to do scent training g with one of my labs and one of my Goldens. Tonight is our first class. [emoji4]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have fun! I know a few instructors up your way... great people! I'll be getting my youngest Lab into scent work this spring. My oldest Lab (just passed away) loved the sport!

I've been following the case from the beginning and save for a few posts on the first thread have been silent. I was on a cross Canada trip when the story first broke and I remember night after night as soon as we got to a motel I would log onto WS to follow the latest developments. When we got caught in Hurricane Arthur and lost service for the night I remember driving my husband crazy that I couldn't log on. I desperately hope that a guilty verdict comes in today but honestly guys I'm getting a little worried. Is the unthinkable even possible? I don't even want to imagine. We need to hear from the jury today.

Hi GinaSeikwa - glad you chimed in so that I can say this: No.The unthinkable isn't possible. You don't have to go there, you don't have to worry or be anxious.

:no:

The jury is like you and me. The theme of their charge was to "use common sense". There is only one resolution they will arrive at. We are on pins and needles because we know that we will relish the moment of the verdict being announced and for a quick moment, we'll be joyful.

Worst case scenario - I think - is two first degree and one second degree conviction.

[video=twitter;832246852237946880]https://twitter.com/CTVJKanygin/status/832246852237946880[/video]

Worst case scenario - I think - is two first degree and one second degree conviction.

Yes I agree that is the worst case scenario but I feel very confident that the jury is going to come back with three first-degree convictions.

My mind always wanders back to Caylee Anthony and how that sweet baby had justice ripped from her when her mom looked SOOO guilty. Now THAT verdict was a shot to the stomach. But then I remember my cousin, who was strangled by her husband, and he was found guilty with what felt like shaky evidence. PLEASE jurors, I don't want to be sick all day.

I though it was the other way around that the adults appeared to be decapitated but not NO.
OK please don't go accusing me of starting any misinformation peeps, but is Blatchford insinuating that Nathan was definitely decapitated and it's debatable as to whether Alvin and Kathy were? TIA

I will be unavailable from 12-2 p.m. and 3-7ish p.m. today. So expect a verdict in those time frames(EST) :tantrum:

Okay sleuthers, let's play . . . You know you are addicted to a case when . . .
-you dive to the floor when your sister-in-law is seen walking up to your house.
-you hide in the bathroom to get caught up.
-reading websleuths is the first thing you do when you get up and the last thing you do before going to bed.

I remember that with your trip, Gina.

It is a bittersweet day today. I don't have any doubt this SOB will be put away to rot. He will not hurt anyone else with his depraved mind.

I only feel hurt, anger and bitterness that so many victims are affected by his actions. It's truly a horror story.

Okay sleuthers, let's play . . . You know you are addicted to a case when . . .
-you dive to the floor when your sister-in-law is seen walking up to your house.
-you hide in the bathroom to get caught up.
-reading websleuths is the first thing you do when you get up and the last thing you do before going to bed.

LOL yep card carrying addict here.

My mind always wanders back to Caylee Anthony and how that sweet baby had justice ripped from her when her mom looked SOOO guilty. Now THAT verdict was a shot to the stomach. But then I remember my cousin, who was strangled by her husband, and he was found guilty with what felt like shaky evidence. PLEASE jurors, I don't want to be sick all day.

:grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member