Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 - #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm home all day. Coffee is here. Snacks are ready. Fiancé has called to ensure I prep our master bedroom as we have some light renos happening when he is done work.
Bahahahahah that shall be interesting. Between #garland and the girls that were found in Delphi [emoji22] (tragic if you haven't read it)
I'm on the couch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm home all day. Coffee is here. Snacks are ready. Fiancé has called to ensure I prep our master bedroom as we have some light renos happening when he is done work.
Bahahahahah that shall be interesting. Between #garland and the girls that were found in Delphi [emoji22] (tragic if you haven't read it)
I'm on the couch!

BBM ??? is there a thread?

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 39s39 seconds ago
Jury in triple murder trial of Douglas #Garland about to begin their 6th hour of deliberations. Stay tuned today for updates

I wonder if he ever hung around any of our missing/murdered aboriginal women out west.

Just thinking, yeah I do appreciate our Canadian way. The Casey Anthony case was spun so greatly in so many different directions sometimes I wondered if it was real or was it concocted for the benefit of the media including Nancy Grace and CNN ratings. By the time the trial arrived only a very small portion of evidence made it into the courtroom compared to all the rumours, stories and scandal that had been hurled upon the public. Then when the jury found her Not Guilty, the verdict once again kept the wheels of controversy going in the media for several more months, lots of books written and so forth.

In this case, other than Garland's early criminal career, we're learning of evidence at the same time as the jury. Our minds are not filled with preconceived notions , gossip or information that might not be true. That's the way it should be imo.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Casey is what brought me to WS. I only lurked. Finally signed up during the Arias trial. :)

I can't make up my mind on this. Equal parts of me think he saved it all up for this {OR} he had several "warm-up" acts.

That's quite possible. On the other hand, considering his many pervert obsessions, one wonders if he could have kept "clean" and remained a "closet perv", should he not have had the personal enemy Liknes as a target/object to fulfill his obsessions.

Nancy HixtVerified account ‏@NancyHixt 39s39 seconds ago
Jury in triple murder trial of Douglas #Garland about to begin their 6th hour of deliberations. Stay tuned today for updates

To say I'm surprised would be an understatement- 6 hours and counting

I sense that they might feel like they have to go through the evidence again.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
How much effective deliberation do you think was done yesterday? I feel like they would have been incredibly exhausted after Justice Gates' instructions

I don't think they did much yesterday. Who knows though. I don't think 6 hours is alarming. I predict tonight we will have a verdict or tomorrow morning. What's a few hours for a lifetime for T5!

Question: do we have reason to suspect this was not the first murders DG committed? If it's his first time, he did it unusually "professionally". Are there unsolved cases that might be linked to him?

In 2014 Global reported that police were investigating if DG had links to any other violent crimes, but only one specific case was mentioned:

One of the cases being looked at is the death of Helena Mihaljevic. The 32-year-old was found dead in a rural area near Airdrie in 2007, nearly a year after she went missing.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1472714/police-investigate-if-douglas-garland-has-links-to-other-violent-crimes/

How much effective deliberation do you think was done yesterday? I feel like they would have been incredibly exhausted after Justice Gates' instructions

IMO - not much. Elect the foreman, look over the Decision Tree docs. Total fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw