Still Missing Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 Jun 2014 *Guilty* *Appeal* #29

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wow. Can't say that I didn't see that coming. But I'm honestly wondering if this is another one of his "games".

Also, I think a point to notice in the article is that their protective custody cell is normally 2 people, so it's not segregation. DG would not be alone fully protected in that facility regardless.

Has it been released if he's staying in Alberta for his extended term? I know some high profile criminals ask to be sent to a difference province due to media exposure about their crime.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

There's a maximum security prison in Drumheller. He can't stay at the Spy Hill jail, but there's no obvious reason to move him out of the province.

Best news i've heard all day. I don't feel sorry for him one bit especially when I think about the hand print on the wall. He didn't just kill. He tortured which makes him the vilest form of evil.

Every other news link said minor. Only that one said serious. It also said soft tissue injuries. You've stated things about a new brain injury for him, link?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

This article doesn't say whether head and midsection injuries inflicted by four violent criminals caused major or minor injuries, but I don't have to be a rocket scientist to know that it could result in very serious injuries:

"Sources say the 57-year-old was in a common area of the provincial jail when he was attacked from behind by four inmates. He received multiple blows to the head and midsection.

Garland remained in hospital Saturday under observation and is receiving further tests."

http://globalnews.ca/news/3258571/d...-to-hospital-after-jailhouse-beating-sources/

Is vigilante justice okay on the street, or just in the jails?

Minor injuries inflicted at remand don't go to the hospital. My aunt has been a nurse there for almost 25 years. It takes a significant injury to be taken to hospital.

I see this as bad news all round. It puts the ball back in Garland's court, giving him new rights, considerations, and privileges - assuming the head injury is not so severe that he is permanently hospitalized, which is also a possibility.

Nope, not minor.

"“It is alleged several men assaulted a 57-year-old man causing serious injuries,” said Sgt. Paul Cuthill."

http://calgaryherald.com/news/crime/douglas-garland-assaulted-at-calgary-remand-centre

The article says stable, non life threatening injuries with soft tissue damage. In my books, that's minor. And a very small beating if 4 assailants were involved, which makes the point that they could not have had much time with him before they were stopped. Otherwise T5 would have been more seriously hurt. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The article says stable, non life threatening injuries with soft tissue damage. In my books, that's minor. And a very small beating if 4 assailants were involved, which makes the point that they could not have had much time with him before they were stopped. Otherwise T5 would have been more seriously hurt. MOO

Four grown men could easily have killed him. This was either just a "welcome to your new life child killer" or the guards did step in quickly.

Four grown men could easily have killed him. This was either just a "welcome to your new life child killer" or the guards did step in quickly.

Exactly! If they'd really had time with him he'd be dead or in a coma. Imho

Yes, that's bruises and stitches

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Now I'm on a bit of a roll.

WE cannot pretend that prison society (and it is a society) lives up to what we feel is correct. Their society runs by their rules and how they conduct themselves. To believe that inmates are going to abide by rules and behave is naive. They are there for a reason and that's because they're bad dudes.

When a child killer comes calling, the absolute worst of the worst, then you gotta know they're all lining up to take a shot at him.

I'm done now. MOO

Minor injuries inflicted at remand don't go to the hospital. My aunt has been a nurse there for almost 25 years. It takes a significant injury to be taken to hospital.

And a hospital would never provide media with medical information, violation of confidentiality. "A source" reminds me of American style reporting, meaning this is the information someone told us and so it's not our problem if it's true or not."

There's a maximum security prison in Drumheller. He can't stay at the Spy Hill jail, but there's no obvious reason to move him out of the province.

Drumheller is not Max <modsnip>

I feel like they wouldn't just keep him overnight for such small injuries. I've never really heard of this? It seems like such a high risk they are taking. Jmo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless you're a high profile prisoner

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knewborn96