Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a step grandfather to Nathan.

I think he is the bio grandfather to Nathan. From looking through the fb pgs Specifically Kathryn's my thoughts are Alvin was married and had 4 children and then remarried to Kathryn and had 2 children with her. I am basing this on the wedding photos on Kathryn's pg and the ages of the individuals with the same last name as Alvin.

According to the timeline, Nathans mother arrived at 10, found them missing, called the police. AL's brother arrives later in the morning, to find police everywhere. Whatever Nathans mother found must have been significant if in less than 2 hours after Nathans mother making the call LE were all over the place, searching already. It really doesnt sound good.

I guess no one called the brother to tell him something was wrong. I wonder how much time elapsed between 10am and when the brother came.

I guess no one called the brother to tell him something was wrong. I wonder how much time elapsed between 10am and when the brother came.

According to the timeline, it was later the same morning, so it could not have been to long before the brother came. I wonder if the brother called the land line, or AL's mobile? Seemingly no one answered either.

Well, I zoomed in and did an inversion of the colours on the 8 metre blood trail from the side door, exhibit 14, that leads to the front of the house, exhibit 15 and 16 upthread.

This is extremely disheartening, as someone is severely wounded, if this is indeed blood.

attachment.php

http://www.calgarysun.com/2014/07/0...lgary-grandparents-and-young-boy-went-missing

Attachments

• blood-trail-liknes-side-door-to-front.jpg
    blood-trail-liknes-side-door-to-front.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 450
2 observations about the apparent blood trail.

-The blood is not likely from Nathan, since he is small and light enough to carry. It almost certainly is from an adult, in my mind.

-The perp was very brazen to go to the busier street in front of the home, rather than out back where the park is, and it seems much quieter with less chance of being seen.

I have to wonder if LE has been able to isolate any cell phone calls made from that area during the time in question. I think the perp may have PHONED someone for backup, to come and get their hostages and/or bodies, after a robbery gone afoul.

JMO

Kathryn was HEAVILY involved in Internet marketing, website and search engine optimization stuff.

A search of her phone number, brings up every category of business for a website known to mankind.

It appears by the kijiji ad and also the websearch on her phone number, that she was building generic templates for businesses, and then trying to sell them or something.

Moving Company Website For Sale -

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-moving-storage/calgary/moving-company-website-for-sale/604447700

403-607-7171 phone number search -

https://www.google.ca/search?q=403-...hrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=0&ie=UTF-8

That's extremely weird!

It's weird to me that nobody has mentioned their cell phones yet - whether they are still on, or whether they were found in the house, whether LE is trying to ping/trace them, etc. This is usually one of the first things LE do in a missing person case and usually it is reported pretty quickly by msm.

ETA: I venture a guess and say that the phones were found in the house.

It's weird to me that nobody has mentioned their cell phones yet - whether they are still on, or whether they were found in the house, whether LE is trying to ping/trace them, etc. This is usually one of the first things LE do in a missing person case and usually it is reported pretty quickly by msm.

ETA: I venture a guess and say that the phones were found in the house.

My guess is that LE is keeping a lot of key details very close to the vest, not only to not compromise their investigation but so as not to potentially tip off the perp(s) and possibly jeopardize the wellbeing of grandparents/grandson. I'm sure that anything that we wonder about, they were already all over it quite some time ago.

As for the drag marks and dark fluid.........I suppose it's entirely possible that it's NOT blood.......but maybe something that Mr or Mrs Liknes hauled out of the house previously, that was leaking something. Maybe something that had been stored in the garage that had been leaking a bit of oil in the past etc.

There are 51 cell towers, the majority of which are Rogers, and are just north of the 2 in my map below.

There are actually only 4 cell towers in the immediate vicinity of the Liknes home, with the sole Bell Tower in the downtown Calgary area, being the closest tower to their home.

Now, all you techies will have to remind me how it works exactly, but, I believe that their cells, in addition to a perpetrators cell, will ping off the closest tower, even if they are not their service provider. Example, you have a Rogers Cell plan, but, are closest to Bell, it pings the Bell tower for useage etc., and they figure it out contractually between them

I know each cell provider have their own processes and hurdles for getting information out of.

I wonder if it will be a benefit that there is only a single Bell tower located adjacent to the Liknes home?

attachment.php

http://opensignal.com/

Attachments

• cell-towers-liknes-case.jpg
    cell-towers-liknes-case.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 285
Who in the world would stick around and clean up blood?

Someone who cared about the property, or someone who wouldn't be out of place being seen cleaning up at the property?

Would garbage delivery on their street be at the front or back?............does anyone know for sure? (not just assuming/guessing). Does back lane always mean garbage truck picks up bags put out at the back?

Family mulls $100K reward as search for missing Calgary boy, grandparents continues

Rod O’Brien, father of missing five-year-old Nathan O’Brien and son of Alvin Liknes and Kathryn Liknes, provided a few details of the offering to Metro in an online conversation.

“(I) can’t confirm (the) exact dollar amount, estimated $100,000,” the distraught father wrote, adding the amount — at least initially — was being provided by him and his wife, Jen.

O’Brien confirmed the reward would be formally made public Wednesday, but didn’t respond to requests to discuss it further over the phone.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...use-where-missing-calgary-trio-was-last-seen/

Who in the world would stick around and clean up blood?

Exactly. Which is why I don't really believe that this was a home intrusion/robbery type of thing.

Pretty unlikely a thief would take people and/or bodies with them, and clean up blood.

My guess is that LE is keeping a lot of key details very close to the vest, not only to not compromise their investigation but so as not to potentially tip off the perp(s) and possibly jeopardize the wellbeing of grandparents/grandson. I'm sure that anything that we wonder about, they were already all over it quite some time ago.

As for the drag marks and dark fluid.........I suppose it's entirely possible that it's NOT blood.......but maybe something that Mr or Mrs Liknes hauled out of the house previously, that was leaking something. Maybe something that had been stored in the garage that had been leaking a bit of oil in the past etc.

bbm - I agree, they most certainly do. But reporters could have called the grandparents' cells and reported what happened. I'm surprised no one has done that so far.

Yet another neighbour interviewed. These poor people were so trusting in their long-standing community. Surely they would have recognized or noticed outsiders

Neighbour Ling Castejon visited the estate sale Sunday afternoon and saw young Nathan having a blast with his loved ones.

“He was just playing with his parents and his grandma,” she said.

Castejon said furniture and other general household items were all for sale — Kathryn informed her that she was a retired realtor.

“We are just shocked,” Castejon said of the disappearance.

http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/10...use-where-missing-calgary-trio-was-last-seen/

I hope that whomever has the innocent boy Nathan will do the right thing and let him go tonight.

Leaving the porch lights on for Nathan and the Liknes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• porch-lights.jpg
    porch-lights.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 279
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online