Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The truck is heading West.

Thanks otto ... so much for all the brain power I put into that post then. I thought it was from a tall house across the street.

Here's a photo of the back of the house ... crime scene tape seems to be blocking the alley. Although police said that the green truck was not in the alley, I wonder if that means that there is no footage of the truck in the alley, or if it wasn't there. It hadn't occurred to me before that there's a garage at the front of the house and a garage at the back of the house too.

Thanks otto ... so much for all the brain power I put into that post then. I thought it was from a tall house across the street.

Most welcome. This appears to be the location where the truck is photographed. The road at the end of the block is a one way, so the truck must turn right.

I believe the camera is on the building on the left, the truck was towards the end of the street heading West - towards the T-intersection.

:notgood: Makes no sense....none at all... :notgood:

Most welcome. This appears to be the location where the truck is photographed. The road at the end of the block is a one way, so the truck must turn right.

The road at the end is 1A St and a walkabout on streetview shows cars parked in both directions on 1A, so unless it's been changed recently, the truck could turn left or right.

It looks like the vehicle could be from 1987-1993. That's a 20 year old vehicle that is apparently in great condition, so it could be a vehicle that someone has kept in a garage for the last 15 years.

The thing with trucks in Calgary - or Alberta for that matter - is that they both outnumber cars and it is not very humid here. In other words, even beaters look brand new; 30 year old trucks look like they just came off the lot. As for hearing screams from the house, most people here have double glazed windows - due the extreme cold - which actually baffle a lot of sound. And sadly, Calgarian's/Albertans are very small town mannered and trusting even with the upturn of crime. Lastly, leaving that neighbourhood and into the blend would be McCleod Trail, but, that road would be closed circuited for literal miles due the industry and commercial outlets along it. Not far North brings you into Downtown and South for 12 miles is shops malls and garages. East would be industrial parks and west would be Glenmore Trail. Private Security firms are in all directions. Even if the "kidnappers" had a warehouse, it would be in a patrolled and filmed district.

Twilight happens to one hour after sunset and one hour before, so realistically it was true dark for about 5 hours, maybe.

I don't often post I usually follow in the back ground, I hope I do this correctly. I found an article in regards to the Truck being Green. As I too thought this is unusual and could be helpful. the link below is a timeline of when Ford used the Color Green. Ps.. sorry In advance if I broke any posting rules.. http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Shades of Ford Green Through History.aspx

Nice find! Now someone needs to tell the police about this so they can focus on Ford trucks in the early 90s ... like 1993.

“It’s not easy being green,” said Kermit the Frog, and during the 1980s green was left behind. From 1984 through 1991, no Ford vehicles were even offered in green. The 1990s saw a resurgence of green, especially fresh-looking shades like Cayman Green. By the 1993 DuPont Automotive survey of vehicle color popularity, green had crawled to second-most popular, after the perennially popular white."

http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Shades of Ford Green Through History.aspx

One possibility is that the abductor wanted something from the family, something that was not at the house. As leverage, one person was injured - perhaps the grandmother. The next leverage would be a threat against the child. At this point, the grandfather perhaps did whatever he was told, and the two were taken somewhere. The truck driver was back at the house a couple of times at least (several times?). The back of the truck looks empty in the still shot that has been released by police, but there might be other still shots that show something in the back of the truck.

I think it is very likely that this is what happened.

I think we can be sure that the person with the truck, assuming that is the perp, was not interested in stealing the house contents ... since the back of the truck appears empty.

Maybe not the contents but what about the cash from the sale? I wonder whether it was found at the house or missing. If it was missing it might be why LE said the case is less of mystery, if they have a strong suspicion that it was a robbery.

The road at the end is 1A St and a walkabout on streetview shows cars parked in both directions on 1A, so unless it's been changed recently, the truck could turn left or right.

Follow the road South to the beginning of the street and you'll find the one way signs. Perhaps that is only at the beginning of the street and not the entire street.

I think it's very likely the green truck is in some way connected to this mystery. because what are the odds that a truck that does not belong to anyone living in this neighborhood cruises this street several times on the night three people go missing? Surely LE have checked and asked everyone living there and ruled out that it belonged to someone there.

The thing with trucks in Calgary - or Alberta for that matter - is that they both outnumber cars and it is not very humid here. In other words, even beaters look brand new; 30 year old trucks look like they just came off the lot. As for hearing screams from the house, most people here have double glazed windows - due the extreme cold - which actually baffle a lot of sound. And sadly, Calgarian's/Albertans are very small town mannered and trusting even with the upturn of crime. Lastly, leaving that neighbourhood and into the blend would be McCleod Trail, but, that road would be closed circuited for literal miles due the industry and commercial outlets along it. Not far North brings you into Downtown and South for 12 miles is shops malls and garages. East would be industrial parks and west would be Glenmore Trail. Private Security firms are in all directions. Even if the "kidnappers" had a warehouse, it would be in a patrolled and filmed district.

Twilight happens to one hour after sunset and one hour before, so realistically it was true dark for about 5 hours, maybe.

That's an interesting thought. If the truck was on the major roads, there would be surveillance video of the route taken for miles. Maybe the truck took backroads to other major roads to avoid video that would be reviewed.

I think it's very likely the green truck is in some way connected to this mystery. because what are the odds that a truck that does not belong to anyone living in this neighborhood cruises this street several times on the night three people go missing? Surely LE have checked and asked everyone living there and ruled out that it belonged to someone there.

If there's a legit reason for the truck to be cruising that street several times that night, the driver will have come forward and police will be quick to make a statement that it is not involved. If we don't hear anything really soon, then I think we know that it is involved.

In any case, I suspect that it's a rare old truck and that someone knows the owner of a truck like that.

Offside, I don't like this new WS forum style....
Sadly, I am thinking that this is going to be similar to the Tim Bosma case. What a tragedy.

I don't often post I usually follow in the back ground, I hope I do this correctly. I found an article in regards to the Truck being Green. As I too thought this is unusual and could be helpful. the link below is a timeline of when Ford used the Color Green. Ps.. sorry In advance if I broke any posting rules.. http://www.at.ford.com/news/cn/Pages/Shades of Ford Green Through History.aspx

Maybe like this truck

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3369786/1993-ford-f150-regular-cab/

you can't get onto back roads from that neighbourhood, you either go into even more affluence/security or onto mccleod trail which is cctv'd to the power of 20. vehicles don't go cruising the industrial parks as they are heavily monitored and patrolled. my guess is that there are thousands of videos being viewed as we post on here. one would have to drive an immense distance to be remote and out of view as they say. and entering some of the larger parks would be tricky as they're police patrolled and/or gated after 11:00 pm. it's also a neighbourhood that is extremely difficult to cruise about in unless you knew where all the dead ends are.

just keep in mind, if it was in the wee hours of the morning and a crime was committed I don't think they would care if they were driving down one ways and alleys. I just pray we wake up tomorrow in Calgary with some answers. This is far to long for a happy ending IMHO

you can't get onto back roads from that neighbourhood, you either go into even more affluence/security or onto mccleod trail which is cctv'd to the power of 20. vehicles don't go cruising the industrial parks as they are heavily monitored and patrolled. my guess is that there are thousands of videos being viewed as we post on here. one would have to drive an immense distance to be remote and out of view as they say. and entering some of the larger parks would be tricky as they're police patrolled and/or gated after 11:00 pm. it's also a neighbourhood that is extremely difficult to cruise about in unless you knew where all the dead ends are.

Wouldn't it be something if the vehicle was tracked for miles ... at least police would have an idea about whether it left the city, and if so in which direction. The family did say that they are no longer in Calgary. The father did say that his son's soul is with God. We now know that there was blood and violence at the scene, but the family has known that since the beginnning.

Now that they have a truck description and hopefully a gneneral location, they should be able to track down such a rare vehicle that was probably registered in the last 5 years, even if it isn't registered today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kellieshoes