Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a robbery gone bad then why take the people/bodies? Get in, get out. Why risk being caught with them in a vehicle.

Trying to catch up, so sorry if already mentioned.

The video of the Green truck taken from a neighboring tall house with a high-end CCTV camera, was taken in DAYLIGHT.

I think they could be passport photos... as they don't allow smiling or glasses. JMO.
Maybe passport photos, but as someone who just recently gt a passport here, they definitely wouldn't pass muster. No shadows a re allowed, head tilts,etc. these would definitely have been rejected by the photo taker, before they even went t passport Canada.

I know...I was trying to avoid saying it too...but why take live bodies? Taking dead bodies means hiding evidence/DNA..if they in fact are cleaned up drag stains on the driveway than we know the killer(s) is at least trying to cover tracks.

Which goes back to what I posted earlier today- clean up and loading three people into a vehicle takes time and whoever it was had to have felt "comfortable" being in the area and could give a reasonable answer if seen and questioned by neighbours. Those houses are really close together. Picking up a sale item in the middle of the night probably wouldn't been accepted by a neighbour, especially if the homeowners weren't seen or heard with the person.

Agreed. It's not unreasonable to think that the perps (I believe more than one) could have easily hid in the basement until the right moment to attack. I bet it's not difficult to take on 2 non-suspecting folks and possibly a sleeping child. All with the intentions to possibly get the estate sale monies. Maybe it went farther than they anticipated... Maybe they put up more of a fight than perps ever imagined.

Maybe, this is why that green truck kept circling the neighbourhood, waiting for the accomplice(s) to leave the home.

That may be the best photo they have. I wonder what all the times are that the truck is seen on the CCTV.

According to that linked article ^^ (scroll down to 1987), Ford didn't bring in the wrap-around parking lights until 1987 .. I know the Calgary pic is blurry, but I don't see anything at the front corner of that vehicle that looks like wrap-around parking lights:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1...e.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_225/image.jpg
Yes hard to distinguish between the '87 and '88 At 1st look I think the truck in question maybe an '88? There is something mentioned about Flareside Bed being dropped by '88 to Styleside Bed which is all Greek to me :(

Trying to catch up, so sorry if already mentioned.

The video of the Green truck taken from a neighboring tall house with a high-end CCTV camera, was taken in DAYLIGHT.

We don't have a time on that video WG, but the shadow in front of the truck looks pretty long. Someone earlier figured out where the truck was in that pic, so if we can figure out what direction it was going on the street, might help figure out a time.. IIRC, in the presser Sgt Andrus said a couple of times that the vehicle was seen numerous times the "night" of the incident.

ETA: If it was taken from that tall house across the street, then it would have been heading eastbound with the sun in the west behind it causing the shadow in front of the truck. Seems like it would have been around sunset?

But they would had to have been dead to have been in the bed of a pick-up truck. How else could they be "controlled". And why take dead bodies ... not like they can be of any further use. (Sorry to sound crass ... can't think of a nice way to say that) :(

The criminal profiler in the US, Dale H., when asked this question about why are deceased victims removed from their homes, her response was that the perp's dna is on the body.

Just like SV, Orangeville being taken from her home.

After poring through online images of older Ford F-150's, I can tell you that "dark green" is quite rare. That colour, plus the vintage should narrow down the search significantly.

So, for the timeline, we know that the crime did happen between 10 pm and say 1 a.m. -----

Investigators say the green, late ’80s or early ’90s Ford 150 was seen in the area of 38a Ave. SW around the time Nathan O’Brien and his grandparents Alvin and Kathy Liknes were taken from the their home late Sunday or early Monday

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2014/07/04/21784996.html

Maybe, this is why that green truck kept circling the neighbourhood, waiting for the accomplice(s) to leave the home.
Or..and this is a stretch...they entered and hid in the home/basement during the sale...if they had 300 people they could have lost track of one.

I'm thinking there might be a different angle to all of this. It is possible that N was targeted for a kidnapping and the grandparents fought hard to stop the abduction and were hurt badly in the process.

No forced entry though, so ???

moo

Adding another thought: Who else was in the park when AL and N were playing?

Could she have contacted them , asking about info related to her parents' move or presumed move and just ' liked' them as a courtesy afterwards? Many people ' like ' every page they ever visit whether or not they actually like or use the service. Just thinking out loud.

Arghh, forgive me again. I'm clearly not getting the 'quote' vs. ' reply' just yet on the new doololly. This was for a post way far back regarding fb likes of moving companies out of Texas and LA and UK. Hope that lessens the confusion. I'm super lost still. sorry!

Or..and this is a stretch...they entered and hid in the home/basement during the sale...if they had 300 people they could have lost track of one.

Or maybe someone made plans to come back to pick up a large item (like a couch), as in "I can't get that in my car, but I have a friend with a truck and we'll be back later to pick up the stuff I bought". Then the perps circle until they think the coast is clear, and go back. The "Please Come In" sign is still up at the front door because the family is waiting for them to come get their items.

Hopefully that truck is unusual enough to track right away (before it gets painted over). Ugh.

Was just reading about how much blood you have to lose before death...LE can probably estimate based on quantity if someone is injured, in "medical distress" (worse than injured? life threatening level of blood loss?) or dead.

The medical distress term bothers me...sounds like LE speak for critically wounded otherwise you'd say "injured"

Unless the person/persons who were in that green truck contacted the LE by now, I would assume they are negatively connected to this case. This has been a headline news for 5 days now, and anyone who was on that street on the day they went missing would be especially interested in the case.
I am also wondering how accurate is the estimate of the number of people who visited the estate sale. If only 70 or so showed up yesterday, and the LE estimates about 300 went through the house, that would mean over 200 stayed away. Of course, they could have contacted the police privately.

I wonder if police believe that they will find the 3 alive because there was not enough blood to confirm a killing had taken place. If this person wanted to kill the three of them , he would have right then and there. You would think? So why take the 3 of them? There was a struggle no doubt but they were forced to leave their home and they took them alive. I say alive because police said the amount of blood was medical distress on that person, not as if a death had recurred. So do police think this person is not capable of killing them? Because the person would have done that and didn't?

If the truck owner is local, that vehicle and the owner would be identified by now IMO. I was thinking it was a senior who had the truck in his garage mainly and wanted to see what was for sale. Also the video of the truck during the day could mean the person just needs to questioned as a possible witness. Are people thinking this is a suspect vehicle? Last year, I was sleuthing out vehicles for a case and it was not the suspect vehicle at all. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitzybjj