Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The search may be cut short due to weather

11:36 AM MDT Sunday 06 July 2014
"Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

•City of Calgary

Severe thunderstorm conditions possible - late afternoon to evening.
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and damaging hail.
Severe thunderstorms are expected to develop along the Alberta foothills late this afternoon then travel southeastward into the evening.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors."

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?ab12#173607355171360389201407060501

Ahhhh..........so then if it's being reported that they're still looking for the green truck obviously the one they picked up from G property was not the same one..........so does that mean he's truly not even involved?

If "he's truly not even involved" LE wouldn't say he is still a POI.

The search may be cut short due to weather

11:36 AM MDT Sunday 06 July 2014
"Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

•City of Calgary

Severe thunderstorm conditions possible - late afternoon to evening.
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing strong wind gusts and damaging hail.
Severe thunderstorms are expected to develop along the Alberta foothills late this afternoon then travel southeastward into the evening.
Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. In Canada, lightning kills up to 10 people every year. Remember, when thunder roars, go indoors."

http://weather.gc.ca/warnings/report_e.html?ab12#173607355171360389201407060501

There are a few buildups on the horizon but thunderstorm warnings are typical for this time of year. Very typical - a few times a week we have activity in the late afternoon. Storms usually pass quickly (as in, pull over and wait it out), so hopefully this won't interfere too much with the search.

From this article posted since the POI release it sounds as if the search of the property will continue. Also the wording regarding the truck being seized sounds as if they are not finished in determining if it is related. If so, then they would not have released it yet. MOO

Investigators expect to continue searching the property over the next couple of days, as it is so large. They are also trying to determine if a vehicle seized from the home is linked to the missing persons case.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1435209/p...f-interest-in-case-of-missing-calgary-family/

You can still get Lyme disease here, though.
It's not a HUGE concern, but a concern nonetheless.

I think getting lyme disease from a tick in Alberta is about as major of a concern as finding a rat in your home in Alberta :p or paying PST in Alberta :p

Hey folks, when making a post and stating it as fact you must link it up with a MSM source.

lol... so true. I love hearing neighbors complain about so many mosquitos .. they haven't been to Manitoba or N.Ontario.

So he remains a POI but apparently they haven't found anything in the truck (if it is even the right truck) or on the property that would tie him to the three missing persons. That's a shame. Not that I want this particular person to be the perp but new leads would have been welcome!

Where are they??

So he remains a POI but apparently they haven't found anything in the truck (if it is even the right truck) or on the property that would tie him to the three missing persons. That's a shame. Not that I want this particular person to be the perp but new leads would have been welcome!

Where are they??

I would guess they have to be careful about saying it is *the* truck in question and any tests they would run for forensics would take at least a week (and only because it would be a rush order to get the results back). So it wouldn't be likely they would have anything conclusive just yet- that's my guess anyway.

Ahhhh..........so then if it's being reported that they're still looking for the green truck obviously the one they picked up from G property was not the same one..........so does that mean he's truly not even involved?

If "he's truly not even involved" LE wouldn't say he is still a POI.

...and even if they have the right truck, they will still be looking for information on where it has been sighted (so they can pick up surveillance video of that area, and confirm the route the truck took, etc.)

So LE would gladly receive more info on the truck right now.

Yes PLEASE let's revisit the Brooks stuff!

Remember this photo and business card was being passed around to hotels and businesses in Brooks yesterday. All while they had a POI in custody and were searching his property.

We can't as the photo was posted on facebook, and the comments were on another forum, it's not MSM (or LE) therefore it is rumour. Can link and point where to look (use the posters initials), but we can'd discuss it unless it's MSM. If it is MSM facebook page you can link but not copy and paste.

I think.. lol I have made the error myself before. If unsure, ask a mod. ;)

And did I read there's a halfway house close to there house or am I mistaken

There was a huge protest at the Park Hill Community center, in 2010 about this halfway house but it was approved by Council and eventually built.

Wow, I didn't see that with the rcmp card on it. But who wrote the Brooks info, kwim?

This case is crazy.

I had all but given up hope on them being alive, but, maybe.....

yeah I'm wondering if someone, either an officer or hotel employee wrote that after receiving the photo. Or maybe the officer wrote it on an original copy and made photocopies with that writing on it? A hotel employee clearly cut the page in half so it would fit better and not interfere where it was taped on the desk. I'm guessing an RCMP officer just made multiple copies of those photos/flyers and passed it out with his card.

Per this article posted since the POI has been released it sounds as if they will continue the search of the property. The truck which was seized is still being determined if it is related to the missing family.

As no charges have been laid against him, officers are not releasing his name.

Investigators expect to continue searching the property over the next couple of days, as it is so large. They are also trying to determine if a vehicle seized from the home is linked to the missing persons case.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1435209/p...f-interest-in-case-of-missing-calgary-family/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay