Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The time for holding him likely ran out so they released him but will continue to watch. Their search warrant would have a time for a search would it not ? As in from - to. So they can continue till such time as the warrant runs out ?? Just thinking out loud.

Are some wearing masks because mosquitoes so bad they don't want to risk them going in their mouth/nose?

My guess is that the masks are to aviod dust and pollen. Another possibility is that the officers are not used to country living and think that dust masks will protect them from the great outdoors. Most of them are wearing short sleeved shirts, so the mosquitos can't be that bad.

Just curious, are tick born diseases a concern in Alberta like they are here in Ontario? If so, I sure hope those LE officers are doing head to toe checks at the end of the day.

I'd volunteer to help check a few of them ;-) (reminds me of that Brad Paisley song......lol)

Have the police been seen taking anything that they may have found off the land?

So - from that, one might assume they may not have the right truck or the right POI? Very confusing case

BM @CTV.. says "remains person of interest". I think they had to release him because of the degree to which he was co-operating :rolleyes:. They might actually get more out of his release than his silence in interrogation. JMO

I find it really interesting that the Amber Alert states that Nathan may be in the company of his grandfather, but there is only a description of the grandmother, nothing saying Nathan would be with her. Makes me wonder what it is they know that we don't. Add that to the tips coming in saying they saw the truck with the grandfather driving it- really makes me wonder what the heck happened here.

That's been a point of curiousity since the Amber Alert was posted. Perhaps there was some medication left at the house that was absolutely necessary for the grandmother's survival, and there may be evidence suggesting that "violence" at the scene related to the grandmother.

There may be another angle to all of this, which goes back to a shooting in 2006 where a woman was shot and her breast implants saved her. It appears from what I can see on the report in the Calgary Herald of April 10, 2013 that the person who shot her (her 61 year old boyfriend), was due to be released in Mid December 2013 and if he had to go to a halfway house for 6 months, he would have been out by the third week in June of this year. Maybe a coincidence, but the woman (whose name has an extra S on the end), could and probably is related to AL. At the end of the article, there are social media comments, the last of which was from her daughter, who is on JO's friends list. I can't seem to get a link to post, so just do a search for this headline and you'll see who I am referring to.
Ex-boyfriend gets four-year sentence for shooting woman in breast implants

IN SUMMARY....

This is still an ACTIVE missing persons case.....

Here are photos from Global News..... ground search of massive acreage outside of Airdrie, Ab. (Saturday, July 5, 2014)

View attachment 54151View attachment 54152View attachment 54154

The distance from the Liknes home to the property in Airdrie is 42.6km, approximately 37 minutes driving time.

Timeline of events: (CBC)

June 27-29 Estate sale at Liknes home on 100 block 38A Avenue SW Calgary

June 29, 2014 2200h Nathan's mother, Jennifer O'Brien (JO) leaves him with Grandparents for sleepover

June 30, 2014 1000h JO returns to Grandparents house

June 30, 2014 1715h Calgary Police Service (CPS) issue Amber Alert for 3 missing persons
also looking for a late 80s or early 90s, Ford 150,
green in colour and appears to be kept in very good condition

July 4, 2014 EVENING CPS and RCMP conduct area search of property outside Airdrie, Alberta (Range Road 291, N Hwy 257, S TWS 274)

July 5, 2014 1830h CPS announce POI in custody (no charges)

July 6, 2014 1000h CPS and RCMP continue search of property outside Airdrie, Alberta

July 6, 2014 1200h CPS release POI, remains as POI (no charges)

Anything more we can add??

I would think then the speculation that this poi was the same individual with identity theft et al offences is not the same person because I would think they could have detained him on that alone or even made an arrest on the former charges.

If the POI is really, really intelligent I would guess LE has to be very, very careful how they handle him/her so as not to allow a technicality mess up the investigation.

What if... The alerts, since the beginning, seem to focus more on "a missing child".. and not three people missing...[modsnip] Also, I had a feeling that the mother, throughout the Press conf. had her doubts about something. LE are continuing the search, therefore, that green truck has something to do with it.. What if it was brought back there at some point. It's far fetched.. but this whole thing is a mystery.

BM @CTV.. says "remains person of interest". I think they had to release him because of the degree to which he was co-operating :rolleyes:. They might actually get more out of his release than his silence in interrogation. JMO

Maybe he's the owner of the truck, but lent it to AL for a premeditated plan. Would maybe explain why the Amber alert states NO could be in the company of his grandfather...

Yes, I saw the vehicle tracks through the grass too and wondered if they were already there before LE arrived. Also, some of the single tracks may have been there too. Wheelbarrow? The long grass makes it very difficult for anyone to hide in the field. It's rather like following tracks through the snow.

Relative to the size of the officers in the pic, the tracks were way too wide to have been a a wheelbarrow. There was a piece of farm equipment next to the tracks, but it was too narrow to have created the tracks.

I'd volunteer to help check a few of them ;-) (reminds me of that Brad Paisley song......lol)

Just sittin' here visualizing a bunch of burly brutes sitting around twiddling with each others toes. Cute :)

UBM So they didn't find the truck? :gaah:

So what I'm wondering is................is that green truck seen on CCTV definitely belonging to G even? Wasn't it reported that it was the green truck that lead LE to the rural property in the first place?...........someone from the public (?neighbor) gave a tip that G drove a truck like that? So.........does he or someone in his family for sure own such a truck and it's obvious he's hidden it/gotten rid of it somewhere or was it never even his/the same truck?

[modsnip]

Quite incredible the connection. [modsnip] . As for the spelling in the news article it likely is an spelling error with an extra S at the end of the Surname. Very strange. [modsnip]. I query if there is a rift within the family presently. Sorry if this offends just considering the posts on FB page.

CTV Calgary ‏@CTVCalgary 1m
BREAKING: 'person of interest', located on acreage near Airdrie, has been released from police custody. More details to follow

https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary

Bill Macfarlane @CTVBMacfarlane · 1m
#cps release person of interest after questioning in #AmberAlert still looking for the late 80s/90s green F150

Bill Macfarlane
‏@CTVBMacfarlane
Say he remains person of interest. Search of property NE of Airdrie ongoing. #AmberAlert still on for 5y/o Nathan O'Brien and grandparents

https://twitter.com/CTVBMacfarlane

Could be a strategic maneuver, if they think he's involved, to see if he goes to check on anything. I'm sure he will remain under surveillance.

The person with the 1999 identity theft charge was sentenced, spent time in prison, and has been released. He could not be held on those charges.

Thank you otto, I had not realized. Is there still a possibility it is the same individual then?

So what I'm wondering is................is that green truck seen on CCTV definitely belonging to G even? Wasn't it reported that it was the green truck that lead LE to the rural property in the first place?...........someone from the public (?neighbor) gave a tip that G drove a truck like that? So.........does he or someone in his family for sure own such a truck and it's obvious he's hidden it/gotten rid of it somewhere or was it never even his/the same truck?

"At a news conference at 6:30 p.m., they said a man from that residence has been taken in for questioning and is co-operating "to a degree."

They have also taken a vehicle from the property that is similar in description to the one captured on CCTV images released Friday."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-police-question-person-of-interest-1.2697512

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay