Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw on twitter that police have released the man being questioned.

That seems to be the original Amber Alert...but if you click the links on that page for the more current updates it has it updated yesterday and it doesn't show it 'no longer in effect' but all the previous updates have 'no longer in effect' ...I think once they 'update' the 'old' are not in effect anymore :)

Yes I think you are right! Thank you. I was so alarmed that it may not still be in effect! Sorry for the inaccuracy!

That seems to be the original Amber Alert...but if you click the links on that page for the more current updates it has it updated yesterday and it doesn't show it 'no longer in effect' but all the previous updates have 'no longer in effect' ...I think once they 'update' the 'old' are not in effect anymore :)

My mistake. The July 1 amber alert is no longer in effect, but the July 5 is still in effect.

Issued: Sat Jul 05 7:46 PM 2014

The Amber Alert remains in effect and police continue to appeal for any information relating to the disappearance of the family members or the location of the green F150.

updated link : http://emergencyalert.alberta.ca/alerts/2014/07/2576.html

So are police pulling out of his home or is it still a possible crime scene and they will finish their searching there?

Hi! I live in Calgary as well. I was posting earlier in the case, but I've not been able to post as I've been away on vacation. . After catching up I wanted to add a few things.

I know we cannot post this information on here, but to find out the owners of a property you can do a land title search, it is public information, but to get it you either need to have an account or pay for a search at a registry. You may also be able to find out some information on the Airdrie website if you have the rural address.

As for theories, I've been wondering if someone was paid to take or harm AL and KL, and NO may have been in the wrong place at the wrong time? To me it really does seem like something planned or targeted.

I think the truck caught on CCTV does have some connection, maybe a look out at the home, or part of a group of people in on it, or the person responsible.

MOO

Seems every post I make this morning, somebody gets there ahead of me :floorlaugh:

It's ok by me to read it a second time, especially if it's a critical detail. Sometimes I read so quickly that details zip by, and hearing it a second time is helpful. Third time ... maybe not so much. :)

Just curious, are tick born diseases a concern in Alberta like they are here in Ontario? If so, I sure hope those LE officers are doing head to toe checks at the end of the day.

Lyme disease is a concern here. As well as any other tick-borne diseases.
Hopefully proper precautions are being taken by the LE officers.

Yes, I saw the vehicle tracks through the grass too and wondered if they were already there before LE arrived. Also, some of the single tracks may have been there too. Wheelbarrow? The long grass makes it very difficult for anyone to hide in the field. It's rather like following tracks through the snow.

Well, if the released POI is not the right guy, then I'm so glad they didn't release his name. His whole life would have been ripped apart by the media, blogs, and forums.

If he IS the perp, I have faith that LE will get him.

I find it really interesting that the Amber Alert states that Nathan may be in the company of his grandfather, but there is only a description of the grandmother, nothing saying Nathan would be with her. Makes me wonder what it is they know that we don't.[modsnip]

I find it really interesting that the Amber Alert states that Nathan may be in the company of his grandfather, but there is only a description of the grandmother, nothing saying Nathan would be with her. Makes me wonder what it is they know that we don't. [modsnip].

I thought this before too in a statement that was made earlier on....I thought it was just bad wording. I have been curious ever since about KL but now even more.

I find it really interesting that the Amber Alert states that Nathan may be in the company of his grandfather, but there is only a description of the grandmother, nothing saying Nathan would be with her. Makes me wonder what it is they know that we don't. [modsnip]

I was thinking this too, I was wondering if they have info, or CCTV footage to make them think Nathan is with his grandfather?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay