Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking- they're looking for a weapon, not bodies.

We have just passed by, Hwy 1 backup to Banff is an accident - a camper on its side in the ditch.

Seems every post I make this morning, somebody gets there ahead of me :floorlaugh:

I wondered if it was because there were more than 1? Didn't they release the names of DM and MS at the same time? Had they questioned one or more of them before they did it?

Those two were arrested almost 2 weeks apart (May 10, 2013, May 22, 2013), so names were announced separately.

However if you read the court appeal notice that I posted last night for the person you mention here in that court document it comes out he was not really all he was cracked up to be. That he only had ONE yeR Uni before dropping out etc. That he is bright but no scientist, a chemist perhaps but no rocket scientist ;)

My guess is that he had one year of undergraduate studies in the faculty of medicine, then he lied and claimed to have a BSc.

"The Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry offers fully accredited programs at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels, and ongoing professional development activities."

http://www.med.ualberta.ca/

You cannot go directly from high school to med school anywhere in Canada. You need at least 2 years undergrad study in chemistry, biology, etc. to apply to med school and many people have to complete a whole B.Sc. before they are admitted. (example: U of A http://www.med.ualberta.ca/admissions/md/applyingmedicine/requirements) Only the brightest would be able to move on from 2 years pre-med and go directly into med school without completing their undergrad.

With 2 years pre-med and 1 year med school, it is not that unreasonable to represent yourself as having earned a (3-year, non-Honours) B.Sc. Not correct, not legal, but not hugely off base.

I did not see any tire track demarcations in the field which would be odd given if the poi had relocated the missing family somewhere on the property there would be obvious path marks by the truck as the poi could not carry three people any distance.
<rsbm>

FWIW, there was one pic that was uploaded yesterday that showed what appeared to be distinct tire tracks leading from the more manicured property into long grass in the field.

Just curious, are tick born diseases a concern in Alberta like they are here in Ontario? If so, I sure hope those LE officers are doing head to toe checks at the end of the day.

Hi, new to posting and website, long-time armchair sleuth.

I live in Calgary and have been following since the story broke. Forgive me if I'm long winded!

Points that came out at the beginning of the story breaking have continued to interest me:

House next door was recently sold and was empty at the time of the disappearance. New owners were due to move in this weekend but one came over last weekend and spoke to AL.

Neighbour on street stated his son (or sil?) was at playground with his grandkids at the same time as NO. AL watched from the garage at back of house. (there is a significant distance here to playground that a man with a limp could not possibly cover quickly) Was NO targeted?

Conflicting stories of NO being at the sale, not being at the sale, JO being at the sale with another child as well and calling the 10 pm leaving of NO a drop off instead of "staying" over. IMHO this has never been made clear.

Apparent clean up of sidewalk. Forecast mentioned rain but it was only overcast that day, minor spitting of rain. Not enough to wash things away.
Vehicles all accounted for.

Missing Family not sited anywhere (at least in any released statements)

Things that make me go hmmm:

KL was a former realtor and the first thing that realtors do at the end of an open house is take down the signs. The sale was over so there was no need for that sign to stay on the door. Was there other signs up in the neighbourhood directing people to the sale? IMHO this points to the incident happening that night. Did someone arrive at the sale after hours directed by a sign?

No glowing accolades mentioned of the L's on media, nothing to form a feeling of the people they are. Very little information released about them. Everything I've learned about the couple is from google.

My first thought was why didn't they impound the vehicles? Could they not have been driven and come back? Are all family vehicles also shown on CCTV and accounted for? Some newer vehicles have the capability of recording last time they were driven.

Re: Parkhill search - Why search hiding spaces 5 days after the fact, especially with an empty house right next door. Was that house searched? A child who ran off and hid at time of disturbance would be hungry etc.

If sidewalk area had been cleaned, person must have been comfortable that they would not be seen. Was the person who cleaned the area a meticulous sort and took their time or was it done hastily?

Coincidences or ?

Burned out car in Barrie with 3 bodies. No other people mentioned missing as of yet. Autopsy on car victims initially to be done right away then delayed to later this week.

Chemical lab "home business" in Airdrie making pure mercury in general area of Airdrie search looking for buyers of it's product. Has similar name to other company based in Calgary.
Mercury usage in Oil and Gas production.

Hoping for a positive outcome.

CTV Calgary &#8207;@CTVCalgary 1m
BREAKING: 'person of interest', located on acreage near Airdrie, has been released from police custody. More details to follow

https://twitter.com/CTVCalgary

Bill Macfarlane @CTVBMacfarlane · 1m
#cps release person of interest after questioning in #AmberAlert still looking for the late 80s/90s green F150

Bill Macfarlane
&#8207;@CTVBMacfarlane
Say he remains person of interest. Search of property NE of Airdrie ongoing. #AmberAlert still on for 5y/o Nathan O'Brien and grandparents

https://twitter.com/CTVBMacfarlane

If this family is still alive, time is running out because they won't have food or water with POI in custody. Not to say that he would have made sure they had any anyways.

Whats the masks for? Smell of death?

Perhaps allergies? I have to wear one if I go hiking in the woods- mold, pollen, ragweed, and other particles that I am allergic to make it miserable taking a simple walk during allergy season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami