Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any pictures yet being put out by media of the green truck being hauled away? Or is it being kept a secret if so why? JMO

Who is everyone talking about? I feel sooooo left out! Are you reading all this stuff elsewhere? Fake doctor? Is that supposed to be the POI or the victim?

We were just warned again to stop talking about the rumors....just saying. I noticed the MODS are checking up lots so let's just follow the rules :)

Any pictures yet being put out by media of the green truck being hauled away? Or is it being kept a secret if so why? JMO
I think that must have happened on Friday evening before the media knew anything was going on.

Who is everyone talking about? I feel sooooo left out! Are you reading all this stuff elsewhere? Fake doctor? Is that supposed to be the POI or the victim?

"A person living near the property being searched said a family with the last name Garland owns the land police are interested in. The Garlands, the neighbour said, are elderly, perhaps in their 80s. They have a son, and the neighbour estimates that person is in his 40s or 50s."

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...lues-in-missing-persons-case/article19477772/

We were just warned again to stop talking about the rumors....just saying. I noticed the MODS are checking up lots so let's just follow the rules :)
The Garland Family owns the home. It's been referenced in the media. That is not a rumor

What I don't think will ever be answered ... Why.

Why would this happen.

The Canadian judicial system moves at a snail pace and no doubt a ban on communications will come out quickly after they find what they are looking for.

It will be years before we ever get our answer of why and how.

In NP case, it has been 1.5 years since they arrested those two evil people. Nothing is happening towards trial.
Well over a year in DM and MS, case... Again , sealed.

It is frustrating to me.

Yes, I agree it may be frustrating for us not to know the details but behind the scenes there is always lots going on towards putting these monsters away. I do appreciate our judicial system here in Canada. Joe Public does not need to know every little investigative detail along the way. Look at the Victoria Stafford case, yes it took a very long time to put those 2 away but they were both successfully convicted and hopefully will never experience another day of freedom in their pathetic lives... Same with Paul Bernardo, Robert Pickton, Clifford Olson (died in jail), Russell Williams and many others.

"It’s almost unheard of for three people to disappear simultaneously, said Amanda Pick, the executive director of the Missing Children Society of Canada.

“My team composed of former law enforcement officers who have retired … have many, many years of experience,” she said. “Collectively, they have not seen a case like this, either. To say this case is very rare and unique is quite accurate.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-of-interest-arrested-in-missing-family-case/

Honestly, I think it started as mis-reading someone's last name on Facebook and that led to some google searches.

These searches actually brought up some interesting info, as well as some close connections of names, locations and other stuff in MSM interviews.

There are some descriptions of this persons character from ex colleagues, etc...that contradict descriptions from neighbours. Some things are eerily similar.

The person being discussed here may or not be the person of interest.

Yes, I agree it may be frustrating for us not to know the details but behind the scenes there is always lots going on towards putting these monsters away. I do appreciate our judicial system here in Canada. Joe Public does not need to know every little investigative detail along the way. Look at the Victoria Stafford case, yes it took a very long time to put those 2 away but they were both successfully convicted and hopefully will never experience another day of freedom in their pathetic lives... Same with Paul Bernardo, Robert Pickton, Clifford Olson (died in jail), Russell Williams and many others.

If there was a Nancy Grace personality in Canada, which there isn't, the family would be metaphorically beheaded before an arrest warrant was issued.

I am so lost. All the conversation about individuals who have no name right now and May or may not be involved, my head is spinning a bit!
:scared: I don't know all the players just based on initials because this thread moves so quickly!

"Matthews cautioned that the public should not read too much into the person of interest being taken into custody.

“We’re questioning the man and following the lead on the vehicle just to further the investigation,” he said."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-of-interest-arrested-in-missing-family-case/

Fair enough. Although a vehicle similar to the one at the crime scene was located on the property NE of Airdrie, forensic analysis is needed to determine whether this is the actual vehicle that was at the scene. It's a big rural property, keys are sometimes left in vehicles on farming properties, and this happened in the middle of the night, so it's possible that the vehicle was stolen or borrowed during the hours that the family was abducted.

I'm still inclined to believe that the abduction could be connected to finances and the bankruptcy that was filed by the grandparents two years ago.

If there was a Nancy Grace personality in Canada, which there isn't, the family would be metaphorically beheaded before an arrest warrant was issued.

I thank god every day for Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:scared: I don't know all the players just based on initials because this thread moves so quickly!

The missing persons are Alvin Liknes, Kathryn Liknes, and Nathan O'Brien. Nathan's mother is referred to as JO.

I thank god every day for Canada.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canadian reporting laws certainly seem to help separate the crazy talking-head imaginings from the facts. There was the case of Ryan Jenkins, of Calgary, in 2009 where he murdered and dismembered his wife Jasmin Fiore in Las Vegas after a very troubled relationship. He crossed into Canada near Vancouver while fleeing police. According to US reports, he was armed and dangerous. That wasn't true. He committed suicide with a belt and a closet railing.

I keep checking the CTV Calgary site and the news video from last night is still not up. Very frustrating to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en