Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if... The alerts, since the beginning, seem to focus more on "a missing child".. and not three people missing... What if the grandfather had an accomplice, which would be the green truck’s owner, wanted to keep all the money earned by himself and his wife.. Took the opportunity to make an estate sale, knowing that the focus would be on strangers or people other than him.. [modsnip] Also, I had a feeling that the mother, throughout the Press conf. had her doubts about something. LE are continuing the search, therefore, that green truck has something to do with it.. What if it was brought back there at some point. It's far fetched.. but this whole thing is a mystery.

This is more or less that pathway my thoughts are running along. The focus for the parents seemed to be 'please let Nathan come back to us safely' no mention of her own parents in her statement. While I understand completely why they are focussed on getting their son back, safe and sound, the lack of mention of getting her parents back as well did make me wonder just what she knew.

There may be another angle to all of this, which goes back to a shooting in 2006 where a woman was shot and her breast implants saved her. It appears from what I can see on the report in the Calgary Herald of April 10, 2013 that the person who shot her (her 61 year old boyfriend), was due to be released in Mid December 2013 and if he had to go to a halfway house for 6 months, he would have been out by the third week in June of this year. Maybe a coincidence, but the woman (whose name has an extra S on the end), could and probably is related to AL. At the end of the article, there are social media comments, the last of which was from her daughter, who is on JO's friends list. I can't seem to get a link to post, so just do a search for this headline and you'll see who I am referring to.
Ex-boyfriend gets four-year sentence for shooting woman in breast implants

Very interesting!

Could be a strategic maneuver, if they think he's involved, to see if he goes to check on anything. I'm sure he will remain under surveillance.

So if they've released him, wonder if they'll continue with their search of rural property. If they do continue their search there, that to me will be very 'telling' as to whether they think he is still somehow involved but at present just don't have enough to hold/arrest him. ??

Thank you otto, I had not realized. Is there still a possibility it is the same individual then?

I think so. I think that police took one of the occupants of the property in for questioning and that at this time there are no grounds to continue detaining him. Apparently there is not yet enough evidence to lay charges. The search on the property will continue. Police have the truck for analysis and I suspect that it is going to be ripped apart. The occupant remains a person of interest and I'm assuming that police will continue to gather evidence until they have enough to build a case and file charges, or they will announce that he has been cleared.

This is more or less that pathway my thoughts are running along. The focus for the parents seemed to be 'please let Nathan come back to us safely' no mention of her own parents in her statement. While I understand completely why they are focussed on getting their son back, safe and sound, the lack of mention of getting her parents back as well did make me wonder just what she knew.

JO's brother JL appealed for the return of AL and KL, so could be that they were advised (as brother and sister of the couple) for JO and RO to make the appeal for their son and the brother JL to make the appeal for the parents. There may have been some psychological reason for how the statements were put forth.

So what I'm wondering is................is that green truck seen on CCTV definitely belonging to G even? Wasn't it reported that it was the green truck that lead LE to the rural property in the first place?...........someone from the public (?neighbor) gave a tip that G drove a truck like that? So.........does he or someone in his family for sure own such a truck and it's obvious he's hidden it/gotten rid of it somewhere or was it never even his/the same truck?

It was also said by the neighbour of G, that he knew the truck because it was missing a mirror?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if police find evidence of blood from one or more of the family members in his truck , is that enough to charge him?

It was also said my the neighbour of G, that he knew the truck because it was missing a mirror?

That's true, but the information from police did not mention a missing mirror ... at least not that I read. In fact, in the photo that police released of the truck, there appears to be a mirror on the driver's side of the vehicle. I wonder which mirror is missing.

"At a news conference at 6:30 p.m., they said a man from that residence has been taken in for questioning and is co-operating "to a degree."

They have also taken a vehicle from the property that is similar in description to the one captured on CCTV images released Friday."

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-police-question-person-of-interest-1.2697512

Ahhhh..........so then if it's being reported that they're still looking for the green truck obviously the one they picked up from G property was not the same one..........so does that mean he's truly not even involved?

I think the grandfather was driving the green truck.
I believe something happened at the house and he had to leave fast and had to take the grandson with him because he saw what happened. This is all my opinion and speculation only.

I think the guy that was taken in for questioning had a truck like the one they were looking for and a tip was called in.
the guy should have called it in himself...

something is just very OFF with this entire thing.

All JMO

UBM So they didn't find the truck? :gaah:

But LE said that they have the truck (LE presser, few pages back). Very confusing. Maybe it was a truck that looked the same but now they think it wasn't that truck.

Can someone please fill me in? When did the tip coming in claiming that they saw the grandpa driving a truck? I must have missed that. TIA!

How confusing this all is!

Yesterday morning there was a link to a Brooks forum where people were discussing the possibility that the green ford truck had been spotted in Brooks. I have not been able to find any information about it. Also, if the truck was seen in Brooks on Saturday morning, and the truck from the property NE of Airdrie was taken on Friday night, then there must be two 20 year old green ford trucks in mint condition ... one North of Calgary, and one East of Calgary.

I think the grandfather was driving the green truck.
I believe something happened at the house and he had to leave fast and had to take the grandson with him because he saw what happened. This is all my opinion and speculation only.

I think the guy that was taken in for questioning had a truck like the one they were looking for and a tip was called in.
the guy should have called it in himself...

something is just very OFF with this entire thing.

All JMO

I agree. Now they need to continue the search at the G property just to confirm the there is no involvement. So many resources at the G property how quickly will they pull back and look elsewhere?

So what I'm wondering is................is that green truck seen on CCTV definitely belonging to G even? Wasn't it reported that it was the green truck that lead LE to the rural property in the first place?...........someone from the public (?neighbor) gave a tip that G drove a truck like that? So.........does he or someone in his family for sure own such a truck and it's obvious he's hidden it/gotten rid of it somewhere or was it never even his/the same truck?

We don't even really know if the property being searched belongs to the G's. All we have is an article saying "A neighbour says..."

Where is Nathan? Please God don't let him suffer,

I haven't caught up on today's posts and sorry if this has already been answered. DM and MS were named immediately when taken in. DM was apprehended while out driving in his Yukon and MS was arrested on the street. We don't yet know the finer details on MS's arrest.

I have to wonder who notified LE of this suspect. I think when the description of the truck came out, the family members recognized it in connection to the POI. There is a connection here and I am feeling certain he was known to the family. And yes there was talk of a $100,000 reward but that seemed to change as soon as the vehicle description came out. I have to wonder if LE have the right person or if people were going on their hinky meter and suspicions around this POI. But then on the other hand they do say most of the times these types of crimes are committed by someone the victims know. MOO.

Back to the estate sale, the fact that the sale was technically over that evening could the reason for leaving the sign up on the front door be an indication that in fact the family was anticipating people to return to pick up purchases after the official end of the estate sale? I know for myself, once a garage has ended we always remove the signage so that people know it is over.
The other thought that is bothering me and makes little sense to me is the sleeping arrangements at the home post estate sale.
The sale would have most likely sold the beds, fold out couch, linens et al if what we know they were selling everything. What is the likelihood of having a bed for their grandson or even for themselves? What about sheets and blankets. I am sure the house would have been bare and ill equipped for sleeping arrangements if the sale was a success. What about curtains? Did they sell those as well or did they remain with the sale of the home as a condition of the sale? My thought is their dear grandson dosed off on a couch by that point of the evening and it perhaps why he remained for the sleepover as not to disturb him because he likely would have been exhausted from the long exciting day he had at the estate sale. Very troubling.

Ahhhh..........so then if it's being reported that they're still looking for the green truck obviously the one they picked up from G property was not the same one..........so does that mean he's truly not even involved?

Police can't hold anyone for more than 24 hours without laying charges

"Police say the man, who is not being named as no charges have been laid, remains a person of interest in the investigation. "

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...n-of-interest-released-from-custody-1.2698107
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...-police-question-person-of-interest-1.2697512

That's been a point of curiousity since the Amber Alert was posted. Perhaps there was some medication left at the house that was absolutely necessary for the grandmother's survival, and there may be evidence suggesting that "violence" at the scene related to the grandmother.

LE reported early on that someone suffered medical distress. DNA results should provide the identity of the latter. This is not good especially if this involved a lot of blood loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en