Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The property that is being searched is 40 acres

http://www.arcgis.com/

That's what I figured...I didn't think the 40 acres above it had anything to do with it....the Herald has it labelled as G's tho....good...I'm in no hurry to change my map...*L*...yet....Thank you otto for clarifying :)

Another angle...
Was DG hired? His connection to the family is through his sister to a son of the missing.

Are there any life insurance policies for AL and KL? In mine and hubbies policies, if we both die, our children get everything.

What was the relationship like with the adult children and AL / KL? Do all of the children get along? Do children from previous marriages get along with children from current marriage?

While I know we can't sleuth the families and I certainly don't expect answers to my questions...just thought this would be something to ponder.

DG could pull off a hit I do believe. Very smart guy.

I still believe this is an inside deal. Money is the motive. Poor little guy was not suppose to be there that night.

All MOO.

A few thoughts-
* Neither of the missing adults seem to have a job of substance, yet they seem to be doing alright. I wonder if either of them has at some stage inherited money, which is funding their reasonably sound lifestyle- nice house, nice area, overseas holidays. If there is some kind of family trust, would that be exempt from bankruptcy proceedings?
* NO was not meant to be there- I dont get a feeling that he is in any way a target here, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
* What ever JO found in that house must have been pretty over the top to get the immediate attention of the police in such a way. There must, too, have been something that indicated the presence of someone else, otherwise why would domestic involvement be ruled out so quickly? Unless it wasnt ruled out, and just put out there to calm whoever was responsible down.

Recent tweets form Jim Wells Sunmedia...

-Search teams have gone for the day but the scene is still being held near Airdrie.
-Here's a panorama view of the rural propert near #airdrie I used #snapseed for effect #yyc
-A large number of RCMP vehicles are pulling out from the property area, not sure if it's all wrapping up?
-#rcmp have now taken down yellow tape north of the property near #airdrie. Canine and police boat have left as well and no chopper

https://twitter.com/SUNjimwells

So DG's use of an assumed identity should not be grounds for a new charge?

I don't think so. The offence occurred in another province, it was dealt with in that other province, and the matter was closed in 2005. It seems ridiculous to try to bring charges for that now unless he has continued to use that name after returning to Alberta after his 39 month prison sentence.

New to this site, have been watching this case for the last few days. Just wondering if we have had any confirmation of DG's parents being alive? Or are they missing too?

Good question. I remember one of the neighbours at the property yesterday said that he heard the parents had gone camping sometime in the past week. I don't mean to be rude but I don't think many 80 year olds go camping? I guess it would depend on the individual. Also it's hearsay from a neighbour and not for sure.

From the story posted above: "While Garland had already confessed to stealing Matthew Hartley's identity in the 1990s when he was hiding out in Vancouver, the new charge laid this weekend relates to the recent use of that same identity and allows police to keep him remanded in custody until at least tomorrow."

This seems to indicate that he was using the name... again?

story link: http://www.cbc.ca/m/news/#!/content/1.2698107

Had he registered the vehicle in that false name back in the 1990s when he was going under the assumed name, and he failed to make the corrections? Did he believe that because the vehicle was under a false name that the vehicle would not be traced to him?

New to this site, have been watching this case for the last few days. Just wondering if we have had any confirmation of DG's parents being alive? Or are they missing too?

Warm WS welcomes!! :loveyou: Can some one answer this for peony27 and I? Ouch to think they might be victims too. And otto, thank you for all of your hard work on this case, and several others I have followed with you. :)

A weapon must have been used because if DG was involved, he looks on the small size compared to AL, whom I feel could have overpowered him OR if DG is the perp, he must have had help.

moo

If they sold their home for $800,000 and bought a condo in Mexico for cheap, I think they could live quite comfortably. JMO

There are currently 424 users browsing this thread. (67 members and 357 guests)

Guests, please sign up, and join in the discussion. We need new eyes on this case. :)

I read somewhere that Child Protective Services was or still is there. Is there a chance Nathan is alive? Does this POI have them stored away somewhere? Sounds far fetched but you never know. Sadly i do think the family is no longer alive.

CPS in this case may, in fact, refer to Calgary Police Service. No ambulences had been seen, which, I think, in this case would be mandatory if the family had been found alive. No coroner's vehicles seen, which gives a little hope.

Good question. I remember one of the neighbours at the property yesterday said that he heard the parents had gone camping sometime in the past week. I don't mean to be rude but I don't think many 80 year olds go camping? I guess it would depend on the individual. Also it's hearsay from a neighbour and not for sure.

Oh my. :(

I think they are looking for anyone to verify seeing the truck, trying to put together where the vehicle was going on its numerous sightings. Please correct me if I am wrong but I thought the the cctv was on a nearby home where the L's lived and that how LE knew the truck was seen driving around the neighbourhood. Also LE has the truck. It is confusing.

From very early on, I've felt that this was a planned crime but the plan had to be changed on the fly when the perp found Nathan at the Liknes'. Many of us have speculated and theorized repeatedly as to why the perp would take the victims with him. Well, what did DG do when he was busted years ago? He made a run for it. Run now, think later. What if the plan to harm AL and KL went wrong (most likely with one adult seriously injured or killed) and the "run now, think later" instinct kicked in, having him bring the other two along without a plan B.

Warm WS welcomes!! :loveyou: Can some one answer this for peony27 and I? Ouch to think they might be victims too.

I'm assuming that the parents are alive and well. The mother is quoted in news articles as being very active in the community in relation to proposed developments. Also, if they were missing, we'd probably have heard about it.

I'm assuming that the parents are alive and well. The mother is quoted in news articles as being very active in the community in relation to proposed developments. Also, if they were missing, we'd probably have heard about it.

Thank you hun. I rest easier now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member