Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

I wouldn't read too much into it at this point. Again the neighbour himself didn't know 100% and I think we just haven't heard about the parents specifically because they don't appear to be central to what's going on right now anyway. Maybe we will learn more about them soon.

Good question. I remember one of the neighbours at the property yesterday said that he heard the parents had gone camping sometime in the past week. I don't mean to be rude but I don't think many 80 year olds go camping? I guess it would depend on the individual. Also it's hearsay from a neighbour and not for sure.
Oh my

He would be well known to the L's, he and L were in business together at one point. His sis is with AL's son...I am sure NO also knew him. JMO. So he could have just walked in the house. The sign's were still up "Just walk in, we are inside"...or whatever the exact wording was.

that's why i don't think he entered with murder in mind.....cos he could have murdered all 3 and left the scene. he had to take victims with him as they knew his identity?

From very early on, I've felt that this was a planned crime but the plan had to be changed on the fly when the perp found Nathan at the Liknes'. Many of us have speculated and theorized repeatedly as to why the perp would take the victims with him. Well, what did DG do when he was busted years ago? He made a run for it. Run now, think later. What if the plan to harm AL and KL went wrong (most likely with one adult seriously injured or killed) and the "run now, think later" instinct kicked in, having him bring the other two along without a plan B.

I'm assuming that the parents are alive and well. The mother is quoted in news articles as being very active in the community in relation to proposed developments. Also, if they were missing, we'd probably have heard about it.

otto, please edit out that smiley. That was in reference to you as a poster,not that they might be victims. Looks like I was happy about the victim status. Thanks for all you contribute here at WS.

I was thinking it was planned as well, and that the person is known to the family. When the perp found NO there they knew he would be able to tell police who he was, or had no problem bringing a child into it as well.

From very early on, I've felt that this was a planned crime but the plan had to be changed on the fly when the perp found Nathan at the Liknes'. Many of us have speculated and theorized repeatedly as to why the perp would take the victims with him. Well, what did DG do when he was busted years ago? He made a run for it. Run now, think later. What if the plan to harm AL and KL went wrong (most likely with one adult seriously injured or killed) and the "run now, think later" instinct kicked in, having him bring the other two along without a plan B.

DG might have a high IQ, but I have grave concerns about his mental health. We know of one mental breakdown (while at university), and the fact that he has recently AGAIN used the same deceased boy's identity is mind boggling. He went to prison on that charge (among others). An unbalanced mind just adds another scary dimension to this case. I realize that he may be innocent in this case, and I am not attesting to guilt on his part.

Forensic wouldn't be there if there was nothing. They found stuff here. They just can't 100% link it to Douglas. JMO

Who told the neighbor the parents were going camping? Hopefully not DG.

A few thoughts-
* Neither of the missing adults seem to have a job of substance, yet they seem to be doing alright. I wonder if either of them has at some stage inherited money, which is funding their reasonably sound lifestyle- nice house, nice area, overseas holidays. If there is some kind of family trust, would that be exempt from bankruptcy proceedings?
* NO was not meant to be there- I dont get a feeling that he is in any way a target here, just in the wrong place at the wrong time.
* What ever JO found in that house must have been pretty over the top to get the immediate attention of the police in such a way. There must, too, have been something that indicated the presence of someone else, otherwise why would domestic involvement be ruled out so quickly? Unless it wasnt ruled out, and just put out there to calm whoever was responsible down.

That's what has led me to speculate about a financial motive in this abduction. Neither of the missing adults seemed to have any substantial job history, and they declared bankruptcy two years ago. The house sold for $700k in December, there is apparently a property in Edmonton and another in Mexico. When declaring bankruptcy, it's possible to retain a primary residence and vehicle, but not vacation properties and second homes. Something isn't right in this picture. In declaring bankruptcy, how much money was lost by others, and who lost that money?

He would be well known to the L's, he and L were in business together at one point. His sis is with AL's son...I am sure NO also knew him. JMO. So he could have just walked in the house. The sign's were still up "Just walk in, we are inside"...or whatever the exact wording was.

Ohh! AL and DG were in business together? Very interesting! Cathdawg, could you please tell me which heading to pull up in your link. TIA

It has been a long time since I have been on WB so I can't remember all the rules, when it comes to FB are we aloud to talk about it or post it or?

TIA

I think we can link to the victims FB pages.
We can't copy and paste any comments though. We can link to the page, and direct posters to the comments.
Is that right, Mods?

Who told the neighbor the parents were going camping? Hopefully not DG.

[modsnip]

Again it's just neighbour testimony on the street and also hearsay from his wife so take that at what you will.

I was thinking it was planned as well, and that the person is known to the family. When the perp found NO there they knew he would be able to tell police who he was, or had no problem bringing a child into it as well.

I feel it was more that he couldn't kill the child or felt like the consequence would be too severe. But he was in too deep by then. His beef was with the adults, not the innocent child, and he knew it. That made him panic and take the victims so he could figure out what to do later.

I do wonder if he returned on a separate trip to clean up the driveway.

CTV 6 pm news just named POI and is talking about the links between the families (L, O and G) on Facebook. The reporter said he asked the family about the connection and the family responded no comment. They also showed a picture of the POI. I will look for a link once it is posted on CTV's website.

I think the plan was to attack the two adults and leave them there. The child's presence changed the plan and forced the removal of everyone.

i know, i know my mind is spinning too. I just think carting 3 bodies around alive or otherwise is timely and dangerous - just to dispose of them? he had some mental heath issues but he obviously methodical in his thinking. Unless they are alive, and murder was never his intention.....which is what we are all hoping for of course.

BBM.
Drug dealing and he had a meth lab.
He then showed up in Vancouver using an alias.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper