Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, we still dont know if the green truck is at all related to this crime. Just because it was seen on cctv does not mean anything.
It could be related in some way but not in a direct way to helping find the Ls and their grandson because if the truck was really of NO importance then why are LE spending and searching this guy's property who seems to own the same type of colored vehicle? Must be some connection somewhere but how? JMO

It could be related in some way but not in a direct way to helping find the Ls and their grandson because if the truck was really of NO importance then why are LE spending and searching this guy's property who seems to own the same type of colored vehicle? Must be some connection somewhere but how? JMO

Yeah. It appears that police are withholding some info, as well as strategizing what they have been sharing.

Are you going to have a look at what's going on today?

My parents and I just took a drive out there. My Dad was driving and didn't feel it 'right' for us to pull over and park on the shoulder of 291 as others have so he said we had to leave (my Dad is so proper, has a lot of respect for LE and thinks being a lookie-loo is wrong lol). I could see an entire line-up of white police vehicles going up the treed driveway. Over in the background of property that's parallel to RR 291, could see what looked like a large tent or structure of some sort that wasn't in the pics yesterday. LE have roadblock at end of driveway on 291 still in place with 2 officers standing there (though I would imagine they allow residents of the area to pass hru if needed). As we were leaving a 660 News vehicle was pulling up. Prior to getting out there but as we were approaching, had seen something hovering in the air.............but couldn't tell if a drone or chopper to be honest, my guess a chopper as don't think I'd have been able to see a drone from the distance we were at.

Read that RO's dad was RCMP on FB allowed to post?

My parents and I just took a drive out there. My Dad was driving and didn't feel it 'right' for us to pull over and park on the shoulder of 291 as others have so we had to leave. I could see an entire line-up of white police vehicles going up the treed driveway. Over in the background of property that's parallel to RR 291, could see what looked like a tent or structure of some sort that wasn't in the pics yesterday. LE have roadblock at end of driveway on 291 still (though I would imagine they allow residents allowed there to pass if needed). As we were leaving a 660 News vehicle was pulling up. Prior to getting out there but as we were approaching, had seen something hovering in the air.............but couldn't tell if a drone or chopper to be honest, my guess a chopper as don't think I'd have been able to see a drone from the distance we were at.

One of the reporters yesterday said the police were using drones yesterday morning. I didn't see any myself in the afternoon.

It has been a long time since I have been on WB so I can't remember all the rules, when it comes to FB are we aloud to talk about it or post it or?

TIA

I don't think so. We had a discussion going earlier that was removed. Or maybe it was just the subject of what had been posted that was the problem (included names, or at least reference to names - so was considered rumor)

Are you sure about which property it is? This is the property directly South of the one in the red circle

The above is the lower property in this map.

Any overhead views of the pond? I don't see it.

One of the reporters yesterday said the police were using drones yesterday morning. I didn't see any myself in the afternoon.

Based on tweets posted above, it had to have been an RCMP chopper we'd seen then.

the property is surprisingly a lot closer to Airdrie than I'd thought it was.

Any overhead views of the pond? I don't see it.

If you go to google maps of the area and follow the road north to the T intersection, you'll see the body of water just north of that intersection.

Oh yeah I saw some reporters/news agencies responded to me when I tweeted to ask about it. Glad this one followed up and spoke to RCMP!

Thanks to you kittmeow that rumour has been resolved. Well done.

Here is a link to google maps, right over the property. Not sure which body of water - you'll need to zoom out a bit. Is it the one sort of across the street, the donut shaped one?

Wait - sounds like it's that gray-colored blob at the top of the map, just past the intersection. Doesn't look like other bodies of water though - muddy maybe?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

Here is a link to google maps, right over the property. Not sure which body of water - you'll need to zoom out a bit. Is it the one sort of across the street, the donut shaped one?

Wait - sounds like it's that gray-colored blob at the top of the map, just past the intersection. Doesn't look like other bodies of water though - muddy maybe?

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ai...m2!3m1!1s0x53715f68bc9e1e03:0x91fe193692e62f5

Yup it's just north of township road 274.

If you go to google maps of the area and follow the road north to the T intersection, you'll see the body of water just north of that intersection.

that good sized body of water is very easy to see from even a ways before you approach the south side of the roadblock/driveway........twp rd #274 must be only a very short distance north on 291

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay