Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been following this tragic chain of events closely and have been waiting to get my account validated by the moderators.
IMO Investigators may just breaking for lunch but MAY be stalling to ensure that all materials are on hand to properly conduct the search and collect the findings. Also IF something of real interest has been found on this property before moving forward the crown would need to ensure that all legal documents are in place to conduct an extended search. Furthermore with the intense media coverage, the search may need to be stalled so family can be notified before it is widely reported on MSM.

I'm a newbie. I don't know if I am did this post right. All apologies if I'm posting in the wrong place or the wrong way.

:welcome: Orangeboy!

Great suggestions for what may be occurring during this break!

:seeya:

chopper2_1.jpg

An aerial view of the police investigation taking place on rural land near Airdrie on Monday, July 7th, 2014.

http://globalnews.ca/news/1436203/missing-family-search-investigators-spend-third-day-searching-rural-land/

LE are certainly doing a thorough search. This seems to really be heading somewhere. If not connected to this case, POI was up to something questionable. JMO.

Please take time to read prior posts.
One of the reporters stated they made the comment ' lunch'
as they came back out.

I'm reading every word, Linike. Please don't assume otherwise. I have been here and have contributed since the beginning.

The officers ate lunch. I think we solved that great mystery.

Maybe I missed what you were getting at, but welcome to you anyhow.

I'm in the UK and i've been following this story since a friend in Canada posted an appeal on FB. I have been following here all day so haven't ALL the messages.

My thought was that, thinking the Grandparents may have money in the house from their sale that someone could have gone there with the invention of robbing them and the Grandparents put up a fight... I have a little boy of 5 and I am hoping and hoping and hoping that that beautiful little boy is found safe and well :/

I feel like I am watching a wild goose chase. Anyone else?

My thoughts as well. I get the feeling nothing is going to be found. What it means I don't know but it seems nothing has been found significant.

I'm reading every word, Linike. Please don't assume otherwise. I have been here and have contributed since the beginning.

The officers ate lunch. I think we solved that great mystery.

Maybe I missed what you were getting at, but welcome to you anyhow.

I was confused at that comment as you were speculating about lunch break as were a few other members. Then AFTER a reporter tweeted that it was indeed the case. You didn't comment about it after that.

me too, it has the feel of an investigation that has minimal but strong leads and the POI is keeping silent "no reply".........or isnt involved, but can anyone imagine the police spending so much valuable time on a whim

yes! and I feel like I'm watching with my hands over my eyes, afraid of what's going to happen next! I'd just like to see this thru sooner rather than later, the families need to know either way. I can't even IMAGINE, being the mother of 2 small children myself. *sending positive vibes*

me too, it has the feel of an investigation that has minimal but strong leads and the POI is keeping silent "no reply".........or isnt involved, but can anyone imagine the police spending so much valuable time on a whim

agreed, this is no 'whim'... this investigation is costing the province a pretty penny no doubt. Please don't take that the wrong way, NO and his grandparents are worth every cent. So so terrible, yet I can't stop tuning in.

Just speculating here folks but if the poi is involved and disposed of the victims and feels confident that LE wont find any evidence this may remain unsolved sadly. If hypothetically a person with extensive knowledge of toxins, solvents and carcinogens et al had a way to dispose of evidence effectively then perhaps that is why a suspect would be unwilling to confess. JMO I pray I am wrong.

Please tell me that blurred black box in the water pic isn't the top of a submerged vehicle. Ugh :(

SB could you please post a picture of what you are referring to. I cannot find it. Thank you kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elenabarlow