Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not watching. I do not know what an incident commander is. My response was to you stating that they may be shaky because of the media pressure.

An incident commander is in charge of the "incident". All communication goes through him/her and he is responsible for calling out what resources are needed. Everybody involved reports to the incident commander. I have never seen one speak to the media.

They estimate that 200 people attended the Estate Sale yet only 88 have come forward to the Police. I really hope that the remaining attendees speak up - even if they think their trip to the home was insignificant it may not be.

Praying for a positive outcome but with more time that passes it is hard to remain hopeful.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ents-charged-identity-theft-article-1.1857389

"Garland — whose rap sheet includes busts for drug trafficking and possession of stolen property — was later charged with stealing the identity of a 14-year-old boy who died after Garland fell asleep at the wheel and smashed into a car in 1980.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/person-interest-disappearance-canadian-boy-5-grandparents-charged-identity-theft-article-1.1857389#ixzz36uMXDQZU"

From what this says DG was the one who caused the crash that killed MH and then he stole his identity.

This is very interesting, if true, but I have to wonder if it was just the reporter's interpretation. You would think there would be more information in old newspapers about that crash considering the circumstances of it. I can't find anything, though, unfortunately.

Still, it is really odd that he seems so fixated on MKH.

I asked before, do they know 100% the green truck seen at the scene is DGs?

They said they do not know 100% that is the truck but it does match the photos. They are still looking for other trucks.

My feed is down, anyone elses? GRRR! Please someone send me a link. TIA

The picture may have been published in order to get additional information, details they could obtain from witnesses .. did someone see the perp(s) get into the truck, were there witnesses to the events involving the truck during the night at the L's home? Where else was the truck seen on the night of the crime?

Seems quite unlikely. LE can be oblique, but if they go about publishing false information or ruses, they run the risk of losing a conviction. Consider the defense "So throughout out the entire investigation you leaked false information and created a public campaign based on false evidence. Why are we to believe this other evidence hasn't been fabricated as well?" And for that matter, how does a prosecutor even get a jury, as the defense could claim the public has been tainted.

So personally I think they can and do omit certain things, or spin them in a way, but not outright deception or invention of the public at large.

Amber Alert tips have been coming in across Canada, but no positive/confirmed sightings of the 3. No business relation that they know of, only family...the common law marriage between DG's relative and the Liknes family member.

...and I just lost my feed.

Ditto! :gaah:

How far is Brooks from the scene and the Farm/ Slough?

Were there actually sightings? Are they confirmed? They state that there were some but what did they find out? SO much information out there but no answers.

No business relation that they know of, only family...the common law marriage between DG's relative and the Liknes family member.

And yet another contradiction in the media coverage:

Rod OBrien acknowledges to @CTVNews family connection but won't comment as to what that connection is. @CTVCalgary #yyc #BringNathanHome

@CTVASingroy @CTVBMacfarlane wasn't the person interest's sister common law to someone from the likness family?

.@TomeiCari @ctvasingroy O'Brien fam explicitly denied that claim yesterday. Say there is connection but do not wish to discuss for now

https://twitter.com/CTVBMacfarlane/status/486305508060430336

OK just logged in today to listen to the live presser. Do not know what I've missed today as I haven't followed yet today BUT just now I heard someone ask something to the effect of how's the family doing? and he answered something along the line of they are devastated by the loss... What loss? Is he just referring to the missing family members AL, KL and NO or did he slip up? What am I missing from today? As soon as I heard what he said I right away assumed he was saying the three victims are deceased. Huh? MOO.

Hopefully he misspoke. Praying it wasn't a Freudian slip but I honed in on that statement too

Great find, thank you. I am however a little skeptical as to if that is true. If he fell asleep at the wheel would he not be charged with some type of crime, dangerous driving, manslaughter?

ETA Hmm I forgot it was 1980
I have emailed the journalist. Pretty sure just sloppy journalism and surmisal.

They estimate that 200 people attended the Estate Sale yet only 88 have come forward to the Police. I really hope that the remaining attendees speak up - even if they think their trip to the home was insignificant it may not be.

Praying for a positive outcome but with more time that passes it is hard to remain hopeful.

THIS, THIS is exactly why the media must continue pressuring the police and reporting to people!

How far is Brooks from the scene and the Farm/ Slough?

Were there actually sightings? Are they confirmed? They state that there were some but what did they find out? SO much information out there but no answers.

They said none of the "sightings" that were called in have been confirmed. The last time they were seen was the night before.

I found it interestin that he said "Loss" as well... But he said they have no evidence to suggest they are looking for bodies...

Poor choice of words IMO. Loss probably means they have no clue where they are...they're "lost"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member