Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How old is DG? Would he have been a minor at the time of the crash and that's why there was no jail time for it?

Bill Macfarlane ‏@CTVBMacfarlane 2m

#RCMP continue search around 3rd area NE of #Airdrie property. Starting to hear indications this may be fishing trip. #AmberAlert in effect

bbm. what on earth does he mean? :(

My first post ... I don't find it odd at all that CL go to AL's home after not being able to get a hold of him. Last year I got a call from my mother-in-law's best friend on Canada Day because she couldn't get a hold of her by phone and said it wasn't like her. I thought she was being paranoid since it was Canada day and she was likely out. I checked on her anyway and found her dead of a massive heart attack in her back yard. Sometimes people just know the habits of others well enough to feel when something is wrong. My husband passed away suddenly last year as well and I had a foreboding feeling all week and when I couldn't get a hold of him at home I knew right away that something was really wrong even though there was nothing leading up to it that would have made me suspicious and sent someone to check on him

Hope my post was in line with TOS and okay :)

Hugz to you PrincessButtercup ... that's an awful lot to handle in such a short time.

Great find, thank you. I am however a little skeptical as to if that is true. If he fell asleep at the wheel would he not be charged with some type of crime, dangerous driving, manslaughter?

ETA Hmm I forgot it was 1980

You would think...but who knows there may have been a plea bargain of sorts. Saw it and knew it was something that was being discussed. Will try tonight to dig further and see what more I can find.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...ents-charged-identity-theft-article-1.1857389

"Garland — whose rap sheet includes busts for drug trafficking and possession of stolen property — was later charged with stealing the identity of a 14-year-old boy who died after Garland fell asleep at the wheel and smashed into a car in 1980.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/person-interest-disappearance-canadian-boy-5-grandparents-charged-identity-theft-article-1.1857389#ixzz36uMXDQZU"

From what this says DG was the one who caused the crash that killed MH and then he stole his identity.

I'm not sure I believe this, as no Canadian news outlet has said this as of yet.

How old is DG? Would he have been a minor at the time of the crash and that's why there was no jail time for it?

DG would have been 20+/- at the time of the crash. He's 54 now, so born 1960 .. crash was in 1980.

Are you sure you want to admit to that CLUE? :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I cannot tell a lie.... :blushing:

To tell you the truth... I always thought it had something to do with my bum! :behind:
(though how... I never knew... Thought it was Freudian or something!)

:floorlaugh: :floorlaugh: :floorlaugh:

I think the medical distress reflects the amount of blood that was at the scene. Now who's blood is it? It doesn't take long to do blood typing but it takes a while to electrophoresis. They could have quickly had a good idea about how many victims based on different blood types.
"Medical distress" could also be because of the pattern of the blood found.

Following along but unable to watch presser. I am eternally grateful for those who post the deets!

Please , if you can post updates to the presser... can't watch at work ... Thanks!

From the presser:
"THERE IS NO INDICATION OTHERWISE, so we are hopeful they are still alive"

THANK YOU FOR FINDING THAT!! Confirms my strong belief. Makes the whole thing all the more dramatic (and worthy of a great movie/fiction for crime psychology studies and education no less).

I wonder how someone at the nydailynews came up with that information! Was it fact checking, or jumping to conclusion?

Is it just me or are both of their voices 'shakey'? They both sound like they are going to breakdown at any moment.

Things got out of hand and someone got hurt. Witnesses present.

But still, assuming they are no longer alive, which is what I sadly believe, why not just kill them all at the house and leave them? I can't think of a good reason.

My first post ... I don't find it odd at all that CL go to AL's home after not being able to get a hold of him. Last year I got a call from my mother-in-law's best friend on Canada Day because she couldn't get a hold of her by phone and said it wasn't like her. I thought she was being paranoid since it was Canada day and she was likely out. I checked on her anyway and found her dead of a massive heart attack in her back yard. Sometimes people just know the habits of others well enough to feel when something is wrong. My husband passed away suddenly last year as well and I had a foreboding feeling all week and when I couldn't get a hold of him at home I knew right away that something was really wrong even though there was nothing leading up to it that would have made me suspicious and sent someone to check on him

Hope my post was in line with TOS and okay :)

:grouphug: Buttercup .... :grouphug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member