Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Valerie Fortney @ValFortney
More flags placed around spot where dog sat.

“Not much left to see here,” says police officer. “We’re done for the day.” #yyc #AmberAlert

https://twitter.com/ValFortney

“Not much left to see here,” says police officer. “We’re done for the day.” #yyc #AmberAlert

Oh my gosh - done for the day?! We have 6 hours of daylight left and the weather is good.

If that dog alerted with a definite sit/stay (if that is indeed the dog's typical alert on find) then they aren't done in that field at all.

Unless they used it as a training exercise and a scent was placed there for the dog to find.

Could those be Marijuana

Those must be tomato plants. This property belongs to an elderly couple that obviously still plant an annual garden.

For all we know, it might have been the parents that reported the son to police in the 1990s when he had all the chemicals for manufacturing meth.

Thank you for making this. It does help put it into perspective.

Reposting a photo I shared yesterday...

I took this from the driveway entrance of the Garland property. You can see part of the slough in the background. Gives a little more perspective.

29ap1k4.jpg

I can confirm that the sister of DG from Edmonton has deleted her facebook account today as it was there yesterday. I cant post link but you can google.

It's possible she may have just put it on private settings so it doesn't appear in searches.

I wonder if indeed they did find something but are trying to get rid of media?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could someone map the three search areas? I am a visual person and it would really help me. Thanks in advance!

searches2a.jpg

The new search was east side of Range Road 290 which is a mile east of property on Range Road 291. If you place a marker at the intersection of 274 and 291 *right below the slough* and go 2 km *approx NE* you go north on 290 and reach an entrance point into a field with gates and fence....east side...and behind that a bunch of brush and trees....and that leads to....the point D on this map....as far as I can tell :) D on this being the blue box ...not 'where' the D is on this map...within that blue box.

I have just been reading for the last few days... Just wanted to jump in and say hello. I am praying that they find all 3 safe and well. This is just so heartbreaking.

Reposting a photo I shared yesterday...

I took this from the driveway entrance of the Garland property. You can see part of the slough in the background. Gives a little more perspective.

Thank you! What a huge area to be looking in.

A friend of mine lives very very close to the acreage, he mentioned today (and to the police of course) on Tuesday night he woke in the middle of the night and noticed the lights on in the greenhouse at the acreage which struck him as odd, he said they always burn their garbage also and the following morning they were burning garbage the entire day. None of this would be completely out of the ordinary without knowing the circumstances we know now.

I keep thinking of Walter White from Breaking Bad. He was a chemist teacher. Remember how he got rid of that body? In a plastic tub and pouring acid - well, that was the plan. You would think a past illegal drug manufacturer and chemist would watch Breaking Bad.

My mind still keeps going back to what happened to Tim Bosma, and I don't like it one bit. I fear what may have happened to not only NO and his grandparents, but also the POI's parents. I fear there may be burnt remains scattered throughout the area. :( I so hope I'm wrong. :sick:

It's possible she may have just put it on private settings so it doesn't appear in searches.

If you have previously visited a fb page, it should remain in your history, so you don't have to search it at all .. if you click on it and it says page doesn't exist, it has been deleted. The one being discussed has been deleted from what I can tell. (with good reason imo!) :)

News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770
Half the group of 30 searchers say they're done in this area NE if original site, others have moved up to a hilly area and continue #yyc

Interesting. I would bet that family has no involvement in this situation. There's lots of open field and farmland nearby with no houses on it. Those fences are pretty easy to step over if he wanted to enter or put something in a neighbouring field. When I was on site I couldn't help but notice that there was much more unmanned field nearby that would be more suitable to hide evidence than his own yard.

I keep wondering about the costs of this as well.
If Douglas Garland is behind this missing family, then I don't think the cost will matter. If he retaliates for real or imagined wrongs by making people, including a 5 year old child, disappear, he needs to be removed from society. I'm still curious whether there is a connection to the couple that was found murdered and the scene was staged as a carbon monoxide poisoning.

News Talk 770 ‏@NewsTalk770
Half the group of 30 searchers say they're done in this area NE if original site, others have moved up to a hilly area and continue #yyc

https://twitter.com/NewsTalk770

They sure are moving around a lot. Wow.

I wonder as well. The other day they wanted media there and encouraged them to be around. Wonder what might change that.

View attachment 54333

The new search was east side of Range Road 290 which is a mile east of property on Range Road 291. If you place a marker at the intersection of 274 and 291 *right below the slough* and go 2 km *approx NE* you go north on 290 and reach an entrance point into a field with gates and fence....east side...and behind that a bunch of brush and trees....and that leads to....the point D on this map....as far as I can tell :) D on this being the blue box ...not 'where' the D is on this map...within that blue box.

I thought the 2km meant 2km from the Garland property. Did they mean 2km from the slough? Not a huge difference though I guess. It's all really close by and open field and I'm sure they will keep searching lots of land in this area.

That is what I was was thinking. It seems odd that they would announce they are done right after the dog indicated it found something.

My mind still keeps going back to what happened to Tim Bosma, and I don't like it one bit. I fear what may have happened to not only NO and his grandparents, but also the POI's parents. I fear there may be burnt remains scattered throughout the area. :( I so hope I'm wrong. :sick:

POI's parents are 'as good as can be expected' according to their pastor on a twitter reply. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?249201-Canada-AMBER-ALERT-Nathan-O-Brien-5-Calgary-30-June-2014-4&p=10715985#post10715985

https://twitter.com/CTVBMacfarlane/status/486267350698577921

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member