Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well thinking back to the Victoria Stafford case, a hearse I believe was called to the scene to remove her body. There are pictures out there of OPP officers saluting the hearse as it left (still sends shivers down my spine to type that). So hopefully that would mean a no to your question. I would think an ambulance would be for someone still alive!!! Praying this comes to an end today and the lost are found.

Oh I hope so..

Something has been nagging at me since I first heard about this case and I have to let it out because from what I have seen, nobody else has paid any attention to it or perhaps not noticed.. or perhaps it is just that I'm reading too much in. I don't want to even THINK like this because if it were my child in this situation, I would be devastated, and the last thing I would want to do is to cast even the slightest shadow onto the poor parents. When I watched the video of the parents' plea for the return of their son (I watched it here: http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/missin...-emotional-plea-for-their-superhero-1.1895317), I couldn't help noticing several things:

1. the seeming lack of emotion from the mother (as another poster has already noticed and mentioned here in this thread); meanwhile, the father can't hold back his tears. This seemingly emotionless mother was even more striking to me BECAUSE her husband was losing it, for example, when I am around someone, or see someone, or hear someone who is crying, it makes me also cry, and that can be even a total stranger, let alone my own husband, ie, even if I was less emotional that I am, how can it not bring a wife/mother to lose it when she sees her husband losing it, the husband who is likely normally strong? And even more than that, the dad's eyes are red from crying, and meanwhile, mom's are not,.. so ???? I agree with the poster who responded to the other enquiry over the lack of emotion, that when your husband falls apart, it is left to the wife to be the strong one, but even so, in *this* situation, and in front of all these people, I just can't jive her lack of emotion with the situation.
  2. the seeming lack of comforting going on from the dad to the mom. The mom is all over the dad, hugging, patting, kissing, holding, but yet... there is little of the same seen from husband toward his wife. Why???? She has lost both her son AND her mother??
  3. a previous poster posted a link to a Globe & Mail newspaper article (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ing-calgary-boy-grandparents/article19449772/) in which a person who attended the Licknes sale said that Nathan was not seen there ("She did not see Nathan at the sale, although family members said he was there, .... "). Of course this means nothing, but my little ears perked up when I read this because.... what if the boy was missing before the sale was even over? Did anyone see him at the sale? Apparently he was at the park? One article I read somewhere said he was there with the grandfather, another post said grandfather (AL) was watching him through a garage or something??
  4. at the news conference... God bless the poor father of Nathan as he holds onto a paper butterfly his son had made. Meanwhile, mom is holding a....... brand new shirt that she just newly purchased to give to her son on Monday morning when she picked him up? She is holding this tshirt during the press conference which was held on which day??? Yes.. two whole days later, on Wednesday?? A tshirt with the scent of 'newly-made-in-China' smell?? Wouldn't you be instead holding on for dear life to an item of clothing, a teddy bear, a blanket, SOMETHING that actually had the scent of her precious missing child on it? Just weird imho.
  5. and the final real kicker that has really really been picking at me for days...... in the press conference.. at the link I posted above which is the one I watched.. at approximately 07:24 into the recording (it is in total 11:56 minutes), the mother says, "Nathan was the most loving human being and throughout that whole sale......... "... the keyword being "WAS" !! This is just bothering me to pieces. Of ALL people, wouldn't she be the one with the MOST hope that Nathan still "IS", and not "WAS"???
Finally, I did read back quite a bit and so forgive me if I am duplicating anything. I found out here (had not seen this bankruptcy stuff anywhere else yet!) about the bankruptcy issues with the dad, grandmother and grandfather's business. This, to me, sheds a new potential light onto things. I read an article that said the employees were let go just on June 25th, which is what? Only 4 days prior to these people going missing? That is one huge coincidence! In a business bankruptcy, if it is incorporated, and if AL set things up so that his own personal assets would not be affected, that could cause HUGE bad feelings with contractors to which the company may have owed a lot of money to. In his line of business, I'm not sure what kind of contractors he would have been using, but just because it is a business that went bankrupt doesn't mean that some real people were not financially crushed by it. The county seized the company's equipment because it was owed $800,000 in property taxes, penalties and interest, but there could have been much more money owed to all kinds of other entities and people. And if one of those people saw that they were having a 'moving sale', and planned to get out of town, it may not have gone over too well? I hope LE is following up on THAT tidbit.

I have to respond to this as a mother who went through a traumatic incident with one of my children. My son was in an accident and was in hospital in a coma for a few days. We didn't know if he would survive (he did, and made a full recovery). I can tell you I did not shed one single tear during the time he was in hospital. It was like having an out of body experience - almost like being in complete shock for an extended period of time. After experiencing that, I have never judged another parent's reaction to a traumatic event. Sometimes things are so traumatic that they are beyond human emotion.

Also a first time poster and am living in Calgary. I wanted to agree with Pops on how well everyone treats each other. After reading some of the comments on social media regarding this, it is very nice to see!

I apolgozie if I am not following the rules with me comment, moderators. Please let me know if anything I do is in violation. On the 6pm CTV Calgary news last night, they had a brief approx 15 second interview with a Criminologist. Sorry, didn't catch his name. He said in his opinion, this was not done by 1 person, it would be 2 or 3 people. DG seems like a recluse, so who could have helped him?

Just from what I have seen/heard. Usually ambulance with police, after coroner has confirmed death.

From what I've witnessed personally (person died in home) body is usually removed by coroner's vehicle. I do know that sometimes ambulances take accident victims to hospital where death is confirmed there instead of on scene.

"Mark Villani
@MarkVillani

BREAKING: 3 Ambulances @STARSambulance dispatched to house under investigation in Nathan O'brien/ Likness Airdrie Amber Alert
8:43 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

Ok guys, what could 3 ambulances be for??? 3 alive missing persons...I hope I hope.

I know that here in Ontario, after a family member was found in her home an abulance was called and she was taken to the hospital where a Doctor was the one to pernounce her time of death.
My wife who is a RN with a home care Nursing company has been called to pronounce a death within a home and the body is typically taken to the Hospital Morgue.

Im providing this info not as a speculation as to the reason why the ambulances are at the property but for information to the question.

No speculation on my part.

From what I've witnessed personally (person died in home) body is usually removed by coroner's vehicle. I do know that sometimes ambulances take accident victims to hospital where death is confirmed there instead of on scene.

No ambulances do not transport dead people, ever. Could you imagine if a person in need of emergency care was denied an ambulance because there was a dead person on their way to the morgue occupying the last available unit?

Also a first time poster and am living in Calgary. I wanted to agree with Pops on how well everyone treats each other. After reading some of the comments on social media regarding this, it is very nice to see!

I apolgozie if I am not following the rules with me comment, moderators. Please let me know if anything I do is in violation. On the 6pm CTV Calgary news last night, they had a brief approx 15 second interview with a Criminologist. Sorry, didn't catch his name. He said in his opinion, this was not done by 1 person, it would be 2 or 3 people. DG seems like a recluse, so who could have helped him?

:welcome3::welcome4:

I can only find verification for ONE ambulance via news crews on the scene. ONE ambulance arriving and then departing with lights off. Can anyone provide a verifiable link about THREE ambulances?!?

A body was found in the house next to mine a few years ago, and they removed it by ambulance after the coroner came. Maybe it depends on the situation and/or availability. Not sure what direct protocol is.

Either way, it raises questions. But what hasn't in this case so far.

"Tim A
@BigStuff7

Firetruck brought in to #Airdrie search to drain pond on Garland property. Ambulance on site as is mandatory when RCMP divers are submerged.
8:48 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

I hope none of the searchers got hurt via chemicals or something to that effect that they may have stumbled onto

I have a friend whose ex skipped out of the country to avoid paying child support. It took years to find this out but in the course of the investigation she asked them to check his passport to see if he had left and they said there is no way to check that and records of passport usage are not recorded. This was a few years ago, and in the US, but considering there is an airport in Calgary and surely there are airport shuttles and taxis, perhaps they could have flown to Mexico?

I wonder where the passports are, and if the child has one. Were there any outgoing flights to Mexico that day?

There are many cameras through out the airports. One of them would have caught a glimpse. And I am pretty sure an amber alert extends to airports so they would be on the look out.

One thing is certain they don't transport bodies VIA Stars Air Ambulance, so why is it heading there

Edit: Or is it heading to something unrelated?

One thing is certain they don't transport bodies VIA Stars Air Ambulance, so why is it heading there

Edit: Or is it heading to something unrelated?

Do we know that the STARS Air Ambulance was dispatched to the property or some other area of Airdrie that required its service

"Jason van Rassel
@JasonvanRassel

The new, 2-count information against Garland replaces original ID count. Total charges: 2, not 3. #yyc #AmberAlert
8:50 a.m. Wed, Jul 9 from Calgary, Division No. 6
"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members