Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only find verification for ONE ambulance via news crews on the scene. ONE ambulance arriving and then departing with lights off. Can anyone provide a verifiable link about THREE ambulances?!?

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney ·
Bosses pulled me from court, I am on my way to Airdrie. Have been told three ambulances on scene now

Even if he is found guilty on these charges( except for possession of the missing persons ID), would it be likely that he would walk ?

The charges he faces are 5 (id theft) and 10 (bank card) year possible penalties (but then he was previously sentenced to 3 yrs 3 mo and only did 6-10 mo so...)

Valerie Fortney ‏@ValFortney ·
Bosses pulled me from court, I am on my way to Airdrie. Have been told three ambulances on scene now

I can only find MSM reporting three emergency vehicles including firetrucks. Not THREE ambulances.
Trying to keep hopes realistic over here...

Things I mulled over when I couldn't sleep last night:

-The initial confusion of family members at the initial press conference who stumbled over saying where AL and KL were thinking of moving.
What caused their confusion?

1. The L's had no firm plans, but had just spoke of what they'd dream doing.
2. The L's had firm plans.
3. The L's had firm plans that the family was aware of and feared they left deliberately.

-If the spending summers in Edmonton and winters in Mexico is correct I would surmise that AL wanted to leave Calgary. What we don't know is what KL thought of that. Her daughter/grandchildren were all in Calgary. She has a son in Calgary who recently graduated University. The "second mother" of NO would surely miss these kids. However, we just went through one of the worst winters on record. Mexico may have looked real good to KL.

-AL's company folds 5 days before he goes missing. All 8 employees are done working by June 25.

-The whereabouts of AL's twin. The whereabouts of AL's twin's passport. How soon were the borders secured? There was certainly enough time to cross before the Amber Alert went out.

-Why is this search only in Airdrie? Why not Edmonton as well? Are the Edmonton police involved in any way?

Hoping for more answers than questions today. :waitasec:

I watched the presser again and I don't see that there was confusion about the AL and KL's plans for moving around. I feel certain AL and KL knew and had plans of where and when they were moving to. At 6:30 into the video JO and RO explain about the plans to go to Mexico. AL's twin brother has a home there. JO also said all the family had vacationed there. I cannot find the extended video where AL and KL's young son speaks further about his parents moving plans but from what I recall, it did not seem as there was any confusion. He spoke how his parents were going to Edmonton for a few months and then onto Mexico. From what I gather from Ross McL's video I posted upstream, AL and KL were not hurting for money. Taking into account AL's age, I believe he was ready to retire and this was their plan. They had previously sold the house they disappeared from and leased it back for a bit. Seems AL had some unfinished business to take care of before their move (closing business) or couldn't get a closing date until now on the Edmonton property until recently. JMO but it doesn't sound like these moves were not well planned out. That shows they had been planning the move for some time.

Their young son sounded a bit hesitant in the PC, which I think could be confused with some seeing it as the parents didn't have exact planning on their moves, but I assume he was hesitant because he was being cautious about what information he shared. Again MOO.

I am unaware of the bit about AL's twin brothers whereabouts and his passport. Could you elaborate for me please and TIA.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calga...than-o-brien-5-and-his-grandparents-1.2694198

Isn't STARS an air transport ?

http://www.stars.ca

I can't see STARS being dispatched for a person who was already deceased. Perhaps an officer was injured during the search ?

The upside to RO being in court today is that (hopefully) he would be advised if he needed to be at the Airdrie property? jmo

Morbid question: in Canada would bodies be transported in ambulances or a different kind of vehicle?

This may have already been addressed but deceased would not be transported in an ambulance. That being said, it is protocol for EMS (ambulance) to arrive on seen whenever a body is found in order to provide assistance, if possible. Deceased bodies would be taken to the medical examiners office in their vehicles (typically unmarked, white minivans.)

An ambulance would only be used if there was indication that the person was not deemed dead at the scene and there was any indication that the individual could survive with EMS transport.

I can only find MSM reporting three emergency vehicles including firetrucks. Not THREE ambulances.
Trying to keep hopes realistic over here...

There was this to after the info of 3 ambulances got out....

Reid Fiest @ReidFiest · 6m

To be clear: there was one ambulance & two supervisor SUVs at the scene. None had lights or sirens on. Trying to confirm why they were here.

This is all I know...hope I'm doing this right.

STARS Ambulance @STARSambulance · 13m

STAR-1 (Calgary) has been dispatched for a scene call emergency in the Airdrie, AB area.

IMO An air ambulance would only be dispatched if the person(s) were in need of dire care in the sense that the ground time to hospital is could be a detrimental factor to the outcome or the closest hospital is not equipped to assist the person hurt. Im from Manitoba and we are serviced by STARS as well there is criteria for dispatch in place as its a costly endeavor (just reported that its $300,000 a call)

"Mike Lumsden
@MLumsden770

Assorted emergency crews are on scene as an overall precaution, they were dispatched "just in case" ..1/2 #AmberAlert #airdrie #yyc
9:05 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

"Mike Lumsden
@MLumsden770

2/2 - #CPS communication say that member safety is obviously also a priority in the heat. #yyc #airdrie #AmberAlert
9:06 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

Mike Lumsden ‏@MLumsden770
Assorted emergency crews are on scene as an overall precaution, they were dispatched "just in case" ..1/2 #AmberAlert #airdrie #yyc

Mike Lumsden ‏@MLumsden770
2/2 - #CPS communication say that member safety is obviously also a priority in the heat. #yyc #airdrie #AmberAlert

https://twitter.com/MLumsden770

"Mike Lumsden
@MLumsden770

9:05 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

Mike Lumsden ‏@MLumsden770 22s

DG probably has a variety of chemicals stored on the property, might have 'booby trapped' some areas as well. Might be the reason for additional on site EMS.

Being that DG was a chemist and had a drug lab at one time I would think he could have had dangerous chemicals and perhaps someone inhaled them by mistake?

This kind of reminds me of Breaking Bad and Walter White and the seemingly innocent family.....who knows.

DG might have been a loner but if he was involved in manufacturing drugs then he must have had some connections. Otherwise who would he be selling it to ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg