Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Valerie Fortney
@ValFortney
Amber alert still on despite large sign on highway 2 off s of Airdrie #yyc #AmberAlert
9:29 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

What does this mean?

That one confused the heck out of me too... what does she mean? I was going to reply to her tweet.

From twitter:
"Valerie Fortney
@ValFortney
Amber alert still on despite large sign on highway 2 off s of Airdrie #yyc #AmberAlert
9:29 a.m. Wed, Jul 9
"

What does this mean?

Oh ok... there must have been a large sign displaying the Amber Alert on hwy 2 South of Airdrie but it is now OFF... the sign is off displaying the alert but she is clarifying the alert is still on regardless.

That one confused the heck out of me too... what does she mean? I was going to reply to her tweet.

There is a big sign over the highway just south of Airdrie, they use it for messages like bad road conditions ahead etc. Its been on the Amber Alert since it was announced I'm assuming she is saying its changed now.

I think it means the highway signs that state amber alerts are off on highway 2 south of Airdrie. And not off because the alert is over.

I am not seeing the picture.....I am definitely twitter challenged :shame:

Can you see the reporters picture on the left top (with the contagious grin)? Just under that is an image gallery you can look through if tweets roll by too quickly. Pictures from tweets land there.

ETA: it looks like she is retweeting and those images are not in her gallery - sorry to mislead you.

Adam MacVicar ‏@TheRealMacVic 17m
Police focused on surrounding fields yesterday. Today the only police presence is on the Garland property. #YYC #amberalert

Only focused on the property (house and outbuildings?) today?

Obviously dead person....body removal service. Depending on the circumstances the body is transported to the hospital for an autopsy. Police follow to the hosp and lock the body up and then attend the autopsy.
Ambulances are usually there to provide medical care to living persons.
In Alberta autopsies for deaths that do not occur in the hospital are performed at the Medical Examiner's Office not the hospital. I know this because both my husband and mother-in-law died suddenly last year. The police and ambulance come first then when the Death Investigator arrives from the ME office the ambulance leaves. The body is transported by the ME office.

In Alberta autopsies for deaths that do not occur in the hospital are performed at the Medical Examiner's Office not the hospital. I know this because both my husband and mother-in-law died suddenly last year. The police and ambulance come first then when the Death Investigator arrives from the ME office the ambulance leaves. The body is transported by the ME office.

This is true as I lost my mom suddenly last summer and this is exactly what happened.

I can confirm this as my dad died in his home last year and it was the same procedure for us.

Obviously dead person....body removal service. Depending on the circumstances the body is transported to the hospital for an autopsy. Police follow to the hosp and lock the body up and then attend the autopsy.
Ambulances are usually there to provide medical care to living persons.

My apologies to all who've responded to my post. Yes, I agree ambulances are for people who are living.

Sorry I wasn't more clear and I know my experience isn't typical. We had family members in an horrible accident, one was initially thought to be dead on scene after EMS worked on them, however the decision was made to continue to work on them and they were transferred to hospital. They were pronounced dead upon arrival.

I wonder what is up with the vehicles seen on the property if they are not Police cars, what kind of vehicles are they?

I would just like to say this must be extremely hard on all of the family & friends involved. I have been on edge for days and have no connection to these people but this is scary and just to close to home for me. We have been thinking of moving away for about 6 months because the crime is getting to be ridiculous.
I have wanted to go down to the search area as it is very close to me but I feel sick to my stomach and I am a crier sooo.....

What kind of chemicals would you use at a farm? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I know nothing about farming.

Wow, to you and sheshecanada, I'm very sorry for your losses. Looks like it was a bad year for a few of us.

My worst nightmare :( her apartment burnt down a week later...investigators say it was a lit cigarette her husband fell asleep with. Initially told it was a heart attack then 7 months later got the autopsy report and it was an overdose. I do not trust her husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meekdoggydogg