Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think DG is a red herring. Of course it's highly possible that LE could have evidence connecting him to the crime, but wouldn't they have charged him by now if that were the case?

My gut tells me there is someone else out there who is getting away with this :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When there is enough evidence for a prosecution, someone will be charged. It is very early in the investigation. The primary objective is to find the missing family members. Garland was questioned with the objective of nailing him to a story, and with the hopes of learning the location of the missing family. Police have been checking his story and trying to verify whether it is true. I wouldn't be too quick to assume that police are mistaken in interviewing Garland.

So weird that 2 neighbors have such similar trucks. Funky green with pinstripe.

So the picture of the parked truck for sure came from fresh media photos (after another truck was taken) and not from Google earth or something?

BBM

This newscast *Global July 7th* shows the parked truck apparently not the truck in question...a truck parked at the neighbours. It's a vid shot from either a plane or helicopter...news media were swarming for those couple days.
http://globalnews.ca/video/1437939/global-national-mandarin-jul-7

If they have pics of the victims leaving the house, then why wouldn't they have arrested DG, *if* it's his green truck in the driveway which is showing as being registered to him?

Police have video surveillance from neighbours and nearby businesses. We know that one of the surveillance cameras is at the West end of the block, as it is obvious that this is where the photo of the green truck was taken ... that is the photo that was released to the public on the morning of July 4. We don't know anything more about other photos that police have of the green truck, but I think we can be certain that there is no footage of someone loading bodies into the truck in the driveway.

When there is enough evidence for a prosecution, someone will be charged. It is very early in the investigation. The primary objective is to find the missing family members. Garland was questioned with the objective of nailing him to a story, and with the hopes of learning the location of the missing family. Police have been checking his story and trying to verify whether it is true. I wouldn't be too quick to assume that police are mistaken in interviewing Garland.

Of course that could indeed be the case. However, I STRONGLY hope police continue to delve deeper into AL's business dealings and especially into connections regarding the demise of Winter Petroleum.

Also, where was FC on the night in question?

BBM

This newscast *Global July 7th* shows the parked truck apparently not the truck in question...a truck parked at the neighbours. It's a vid shot from either a plane or helicopter...news media were swarming for those couple days.
http://globalnews.ca/video/1437939/global-national-mandarin-jul-7

That would be an example of irresponsible reporting. The truck in that video is a different truck at a different property (neighbour's property).

Of course that could indeed be the case. However, I STRONGLY hope police continue to delve deeper into AL's business dealings and especially into connections regarding the demise of Winter Petroleum.

Also, where was FC on the night in question?

I have no doubt that police will continue to investigate all avenues, including Alvin's business dealings. From what has been sleuthed and posted here, it's quite evident that there could be a few people that are out a substantial amount of money through business dealings with the family (eg: three bankruptcy filings in the last 20 years). Anyone that was cleaned out financially, and who was aware of the fact that the person that cleaned them out was about to live the good life in Mexico, could be responsible for the disappearance.

Who is FC?

I have no doubt that police will continue to investigate all avenues, including Alvin's business dealings. From what has been sleuthed and posted here, it's quite evident that there could be a few people that are out a substantial amount of money through business dealings with the family (eg: three bankruptcy filings in the last 20 years). Anyone that was cleaned out financially, and who was aware of the fact that the person that cleaned them out was about to live the good life in Mexico, could be responsible for the disappearance.

Who is FC?

I don't know if I'm allowed to write the name for "FC" here, since he's not a POI.

All I can say is that, like DG, he had a link to the Liknes family. (Think $450 owed, gun, breast implants as clues)

Interesting, date is almost 15 years to the day he was last in the news. I'm also struck by how slight in stature he seems.

Welcome to Ws Sprigs !

:Welcome1:

Returning to claims from the family that there was a bad business relationship between the victim and the person of interest, if the latest patent/design actually works, then I think it is quite likely that Alvin had some help with it. He has been filing patents for the last 15 years, trying to separate water from gas. In 2011, the design still did not work. If the 2013 design does work, and Garland claims that he had input in the design, then I would be inclined to believe him. Having looked at the plans in the patent application, it looks to me like there are too many connections and moving parts where something could go wrong ... so my guess is that it doesn't work any better than the earlier versions. Garland may have thought that his ideas would make a difference, that his name should have been included in the patent, and perhaps he thought he was going to get rich on the patent sales/application.

Was wondering that as well otto who is FC

Did KL and AL actually buy a home in Mexico or was it assumed that they did because if they did who is making the mortgage payments et al presently. I wonder if it was assumed more than actual that they had a home in Mexico or were they going to buy in the future. Same can be asked about an Edmonton home. If they planned on buying and hadn't bought in either location then they would have proceeds from the sale of the home in December given that there was money left over after paying the liens. Has their money been accounted for.

That would be an example of irresponsible reporting. The truck in that video is a different truck at a different property (neighbour's property).

Exactly. Right when they show the overhead aerial shot of "a" green truck they state "After a tip lead police to this property and the green Ford 150 pickup police have been looking for."

I don't know if I'm allowed to write the name for "FC" here, since he's not a POI.

All I can say is that, like DG, he had a link to the Liknes family. (Think $450 owed, gun, breast implants as clues)

I think that's ancient history and I doubt that blown breast implants would lead to the abduction of a five year old boy and his grandparents.

These are two different trucks. First truck is a 4 door truck (one beside the storage building) and second truck is a 2 door truck. Absolutely certain of this.

I think you may be right, I lightened up the picture a bit and you can see more details

Attachments

• DG Truckshed (2).jpg
    DG Truckshed (2).jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 207
I don't think the plan ever was to take NO and KL. This was for AL.

Was wondering that as well otto who is FC

Did KL and AL actually buy a home in Mexico or was it assumed that they did because if they did who is making the mortgage payments et al presently. I wonder if it was assumed more than actual that they had a home in Mexico or were they going to buy in the future. Same can be asked about an Edmonton home. If they planned on buying and hadn't bought in either location then they would have proceeds from the sale of the home in December given that there was money left over after paying the liens. Has their money been accounted for.

I would say ... take it with a grain of salt. People reported that the grandparents said that they were moving up North, moving to Edmonton, leaving the country, that they bought a condo in Mexico ... and their son didn't seem to know anything about where they were going except, perhaps, Edmonton. Perhaps they invested in a time share in Mexico, perhaps they intended to stay with Alvin's identical twin in Mazatlan, and perhaps they were telling people that they bought a condo in Mexico because it sounds good.

"The couple had spent the weekend selling what they owned in Calgary, a friend said, and were moving to a condo they had bought in Mexico."

http://www2.canada.com/calgaryherald/iphone/news/latest/story.html?id=9989542

I don't think the plan ever was to take NO and KL. This was for AL.

The person that did this had to expect that his wife was in the home. It's possible that someone went to the house after the garage sale to demand money and it's possible that Alvin thought he could stall. Who knows. If Garland approached Alvin and demanded payment for work on a patent, what could Alvin do? He could take it outside, he could agree to go to a bank machine to withdraw some cash, he could offer to write a cheque. he could refuse. If he did any of those things, that left his wife vulnerable. I suspect that Alvin was somehow incapacitated first. Perhaps things went too far, leaving the perp with little choice but to go back to get Alvin's wife and grandson ... for the sole reason that they could identify him.

Can we talk about why if Garland owned a mercury company he would need to stay at a shelter? Surely he has mula.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay