Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes but I think the 'not suspicious' article was in reference to yet a different body-discovery from the past, and that the body found on Saturday has not bee resolved at all... not from anything I have been able to find.. so you may be quite right that this could have something to do with this case after all! That went completely by me because I misread WHEN the 'not suspicious' story was written, I think?

This article is pretty much all I can find on Saturday's body being found:
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/body-recovered-from-glenmore-reservoir-1.1911500

Meanwhile, THIS article says 'not suspicious', however it is from over half a year ago!:
http://globalnews.ca/news/866576/body-discovered-in-glenmore-reservoir-2/

Quite true. I just checked, and it has been stated that the body in the reservoir was not suspicious.

Amber alert is cancelled... DG arrested this morning.. LE conference at 2:00

If the case is solved, kudos to the LE for not taking as long as the McStay family case (4+ years).

SB SAR and LE didn't find the McStays. They weren't even looking for them there as they hadn't been given any reason to by SD police. A heroic (in my opinion) member of the public, OHVing did. And reported what he found.

Hikers and outdoor enthusiasts find so many of our missing.

That, or perhaps there is reason to believe that he will not be found alive.

This is the activation criteria:

1.Law enforcement must confirm that an abduction has taken place.
2.The child must be at risk of serious injury or death.
3.There must be sufficient descriptive information of child, captor, or captor's vehicle to issue an alert.
4.The child must be under 18 years of age.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AMBER_Alert

When I said "located" I didn't specify dead or alive for a reason.

Just getting the website crashed message "It must be Matt's fault"

Oh, I'm sorry, I thought it had been for all 3 of them.

The alert mentions the grandparents but only that the child may be in the company of them and provides a brief description of all three. The alert itself is/was specific to Nathan.

Waiting for the press conference, so might as well get this in... either:

a) some evidence developed (forensics, burn barrels, informant, other?)
b) having exhausted all their top leads without much physical evidence, LE has arrested their main suspect in hopes that questioning/pressure/negotiation will develop further leads

Everything is crossed in hopes that a miracle is about to happen.

My heart is in my throat... I truly hope they have closure for this family. :crying:

Waiting for the press conference, so might as well get this in... either:

a) some evidence developed (forensics, burn barrels, informant, other?)
b) having exhausted all their top leads without much physical evidence, LE has arrested their main suspect in hopes that questioning/pressure/negotiation will develop further leads

they can't do B without sufficient reason/evidence to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop