Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PLEASE do NOT post rumours of bodies being found.

PLEASE consider the family.

We wait for LE around here.

Thanks

Yeah and best not to keep quoting the rumour, just makes more work for the mods to clean up. Better to just report the rumour post, then move on and wait for real news...

Lets wait until the presser folks, I know we are all on pins and needles here.

BBM:

Critical Alert Cancel - AMBER Alert CAP XML
Issued: Mon Jul 14 12:01 PM 2014
Ends: Mon Jul 14 12:16 PM 2014
expand/contract History:
Alert: Mon Jun 30 5:13 PM 2014
Update: Tue Jul 01 1:13 PM 2014
Update: Wed Jul 02 4:24 PM 2014
Update: Sat Jul 05 7:46 PM 2014
Update: Wed Jul 09 3:38 PM 2014
Update: Thu Jul 10 5:53 PM 2014
Cancel: Mon Jul 14 12:01 PM 2014

expand/contract Area: Alberta Hide Map
expand/contract Description:
An AMBER Alert has been cancelled for the abduction of 5 year old Nathan O’Brien.

Cancellation
The AMBER Alert for the Abduction of 5 Year old Nathan O'Brien has been cancelled.
Please refer to local media and the City of Calgary Newsroom for additional details.
expand/contract Additional Information:
Icon Broadcast Audio

Link: http://emergencyalert.alberta.ca/alerts/2014/07/2590.html

Probably when the police decided yesterday was the end of the search of the Liknes home they already had enough confidence about the case.

Has any media outlets/tweets etc., reported any activity at the property? Seems like somebody would be stalking them. I got a stomach pain when I saw the Amber Alert was canceled.

If this is in any way related to the discovery of a body in the Glenmore Reservoir, here is the map

map base is from www.arcgis.com

Unfortunately I have to go out for a couple of hours. Will be thinking of the entire family :(

I can't stop crying. I am also the mother of a 5 year old little boy and can't imagine what JO is going through :( I hope the Amber Alert was lifted because they were found alive and told LE that DG was responsible for their disappearance. I am praying for a miracle here!!

I'd be surprised and questioning his intelligence level if DG did something stupid during the release, such as going to certain location relevant to the missing case, which led to the arrest. Surely he should have expected to be followed and watched by the LE?

Was there not any further news report on that body? I thought I had read that it was 'not suspicious'.. but now that I look it up again, I think that 'not suspicious' article was regarding a completely different date in the past?

If this is in any way related to the discovery of a body in the Glenmore Reservoir, here is the map

map base is from www.arcgis.com

Live on CHCH News From Hamilton Ontario Station stated that an Arrest had been made in the disappearence of the family trio missing in calgary, Police would not identify the arrested person, but media is speculating that its DG and the CPS will be holding a news conferance at 1

SO.... Amber Alert cancelled 'for NO', but no mention of the other 2 also included in the AA.
Cancellation can only mean, no longer missing.
If found alive, I'm sure it would be all over the news, because that would be a happy event.
DG under arrest in connection with THIS case this time.
Now a person is being referred to as a 'suspect' in this missing persons case, as opposed to a POI.
Ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member