Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/neighbours-shocked-to-hear-douglas-garland-is-a-person-of-interest-in-missing-persons-investigation-1.1911106

In this news report you can see inside the front area of the home somewhat. I can see the corner of the loveseat that is listed on KL kijiji ads. I get the sense not a lot of the estate items were sold those two days. Two points come to mind when I view this report.

Firstly, the LE don't appear to be interested with anything on the main living area as they begin to walk in the direction of where the stairs would be located in a side split home which is generally in the middle of the home and seem to look upwards towards the area above the garage in deep discussion. If this is the area where the desks were located as well as the leather couch set and bookcases, it could be the office-den area of the home. The bedrooms being in the back of the home. If there is something of concern on the main level of the home you can be certain LE would close the front door as they know a reporter was zooming in on that door.

Secondly, were AL and KL attempting to raise money during the estate sale to help them pay off a debt and being that it seems not a lot of people who attended did not purchase anything and there seems to be a lot of furniture still in the home perhaps the grandparents fell short on their financial obligation and someone was not happy with this and it escalated.

Judging by the looks of their furniture, I can't imagine them expecting to make more than a few hundred dollars on the sale....

So then I would assume whoever purchased it came back to the house and set up the memorial with it?

Is that significant? To me it doesn't seem important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite possible it never sold at their sale and a family member retrieved it from the home and set it up on their lawn w/ the candles. Not surprised it didn't sell, rather fugly IMO.

Either the family still had the piece and set it up for a memorial or more than likely someone purchased it at the sale and came and set it up which is a lovely gesture. Nothing to read into that imo.

My guess is that it was never sold in the first place. Someone in the family set it up for a memorial. I don't understand the fascination with this thing either. At first I was intrigued b/c the pic of the dog in the kijiji ad but later it was mentioned that was a friend's dog (although I don't know where that idea came from I kind of accepted it as true).

I do think its getting an unusual amount of attention tho.

So then I would assume whoever purchased it came back to the house and set up the memorial with it?

Is that significant? To me it doesn't seem important.

I will eat my shoes if that cupcake holder proves to be important.

Judging by the looks of their furniture, I can't imagine them expecting to make more than a few hundred dollars on the sale....

Agreed the furniture was dated in many photos however it can be the little items that can add up to a lot of profit when you sell at an estate sale. Maybe they did not get a great turnout or the estate sale was not set up properly for selling. For example, when professional estate sale vendors do it everything is on display and tagged with a price and easily sellable in groupings. For some reason I don't get the sense that KL or AL would have taken the time to do this on their own and most people wont go to an estate sale and snoop in cupboards and ask how much would you want for this. Maybe the estate sale did not generate a lot of money because of this. Keep in mind as well if as it was reported at least 200 people came to the sale, you can count quite a few as nosey neighbors who want to look in the house but not necessarily buy anything.

Interesting............remember the Ad on this page from KL, looking for people wanting to buy (or sell?) apartment buildings.........and several of us were commenting on how strange it was, that it showed the Ad had been 'updated' on Jul 8, 2014. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if that "updated date" changed.............this Ad was still active this morning, now it appears gone: http://buyandsell247.ca/index.php?view=post404&cityid=71&lang=en

Interesting............remember the Ad on this page from KL, looking for people wanting to buy (or sell?) apartment buildings.........and several of us were commenting on how strange it was, that it showed the Ad had been 'updated' on Jul 8, 2014. I've been keeping an eye on it to see if that "updated date" changed.............this Ad was still active this morning, now it appears gone: http://buyandsell247.ca/index.php?view=post404&cityid=71&lang=en

Kijiji will automatically electonically renew ads. It's up to the people who place them to remove them when they are no longer relevant.

Kijiji will automatically electonically renew ads. It's up to the people who place them to remove them when they are no longer relevant.

It wasn't on Kijiji as you can see from the URL. And if it was just updated 4 days ago, on Jul 8, why would it be deleted by the site today?

And my point was.......did SOMEONE delete KL's ad since this morning and if so, who?

ETA: did anyone happen to see/remember the date KL's ad on Buy & Sell was posted ON? From browsing other ads there, it seems once an ad is posted it remains active x 6 months. It's a pretty low-tech online classifieds site, all ads posted are "free" and it's not a very popular/well-used site judging by the small # of ads all across Canada.........so I can't see anyone "updating" a person's ad UNLESS it's the actual person who created it.................so WHO updated KL's ad there on Jul 8, 2014..................and who deleted it this afternoon? Who, other than KL, would be currently updating/deleting HER online classified ads?

Did anyone happen to take a screen-shot of it see we can see what date it was posted?

Finally been approved after wanting to post all week! As a Calgarian I just want to say thanks for putting so much energy into this to everyone, I am sure there is family and friends of the family following and it is a little reassuring to just know that there are so many people out there wanting answers, especially during the stampede when lots of things seem to get pushed under the rug as too many people are way too involved with getting drunk and the rodeo

It wasn't on Kijiji as you can see from the URL. And if it was just updated 4 days ago, on Jul 8, why would it be deleted by the site today?

And my point was.......did SOMEONE delete KL's ad since this morning and if so, who?

I really think LE needs to make sure they talk to FC....unlike DG, FC is a known VIOLENT criminal.

Maybe he is behind all of this?

Very odd. I think LE should be advised. If I recall it was a long standing ad and even though it said it was updated recently some on WS suggested it is automatically generated but now all of a sudden poof it is gone. Very strange.

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/neighbours-shocked-to-hear-douglas-garland-is-a-person-of-interest-in-missing-persons-investigation-1.1911106

In this news report you can see inside the front area of the home somewhat. I can see the corner of the loveseat that is listed on KL kijiji ads. I get the sense not a lot of the estate items were sold those two days. Two points come to mind when I view this report.

Firstly, the LE don't appear to be interested with anything on the main living area as they begin to walk in the direction of where the stairs would be located in a side split home which is generally in the middle of the home and seem to look upwards towards the area above the garage in deep discussion. If this is the area where the desks were located as well as the leather couch set and bookcases, it could be the office-den area of the home. The bedrooms being in the back of the home. If there is something of concern on the main level of the home you can be certain LE would close the front door as they know a reporter was zooming in on that door.

Secondly, were AL and KL attempting to raise money during the estate sale to help them pay off a debt and being that it seems not a lot of people who attended did not purchase anything and there seems to be a lot of furniture still in the home perhaps the grandparents fell short on their financial obligation and someone was not happy with this and it escalated.

BBM ~ IMO, I think it goes waaaaaay back. Lots of financial details in this case.

I was happy to hear they are back at the Liknes'.

I really think LE needs to make sure they talk to FC....unlike DG, FC is a known VIOLENT criminal.

Maybe he is behind all of this?

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, (again) by users that disagree ...FC is 66 years old now, and it has been reported that he's had 3 heart attacks in the past little while. I know, lots of 66 year olds are still virile...as age progresses, violent crimes decrease.

Very odd. I think LE should be advised. If I recall it was a long standing ad and even though it said it was updated recently some on WS suggested it is automatically generated but now all of a sudden poof it is gone. Very strange.

ldbd -- see my post #169 above.........I added more details

At the risk of being tarred and feathered, (again) by users that disagree ...FC is 66 years old now, and it has been reported that he's had 3 heart attacks in the past little while. I know, lots of 66 year olds are still virile...as age progresses, violent crimes decrease.

Again, not to suggest that FC really carried out the crime, but maybe he ordered a hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member