Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a nightmare! :tears: How can people be so horrible?

Prayers going up for all the loved ones whose lives will never ever be the same again. May justice be SWIFT!

He said "arrested on property in the vicinity of the acreage"... crazy... just crazy. LE may have followed him after his release and he went straight there!!

Here's a strange bit, and the conclusion of the press conference:

Chief: "Can't even confirm the identity of the person arrested."

Person wasn't arrested at a hotel, but near an acreage in Airdrie.

Reporter: "was the person arrested breaching their conditions"

Chief: (shuts down press conference)

First degree murder for the Likneses, second degree murder for the child.
I can't imagine how regretful JO feels to have left Nathan for the sleepover!!
That was my thought from the beginning. I feel so much for all of them. :( so heartbreaking.

A lot of websleuths seems to have trouble with time zones around here.

I know. Only takes a second to go to Google and do a search, "current time ________" (insert name of city/state/etc) and voila, there is current time.

The worst kind of ending to this.
I think Calgary Police Chief Rick Hanson did a fabulous job of giving the press as much as he could. He certainly was very articulate and measured given the pounding of questions by the media.

I have a question that maybe somebody here can answer:
What kind of evidence can there be to suggest the certain death of all 3 without any bodies being found?

So sick for this family. Why couldn't he just let little NO go. SMH. I don't understand how some people feel that they have the choice to dictate if someone lives or dies.

Two themes dominated the questioning: what was the smoking gun, and how does Garland factor into this. There was no smoking gun. The investigation involved 200 trained professionals and, when their information was combined, the prosecutor believed there was enough evidence to conclude that the victims were deceased and there was enough evidence for two first degree, and one second degree, murder charge. Regarding Garland's role, charges have not been formally laid, so no information can be released about the name of the suspect. The suspect was detained near the Airdrie acreage.

It was made clear that between now, and the time of trial, no information will be released to the public about the investigation in order to protect the integrity of the file. That is normal in Canadian law.

Said the suspect was arrest on a property that was closed by LE.... (not at motel)
I didn't hear it clearly, which property was that? Was it DG's property or not?

What kind of evidence can there be to suggest the certain death of all 3 without any bodies being found?

Forensic evidence found. The medical examiner would be able to determine by the amounts found whether or not a person could possibly survive.
And possibly evidence found via the landfills, DG property, etc.

He said "arrested on property in the vicinity of the acreage"... crazy... just crazy. LE may have followed him after his release and he went straight there!!

That's one interpretation. Just playing Devil's Advocate here: Sometimes LE needs a reason to grab someone, especially those released on conditions, and that in such situations they can get more than a bit jumpy. If a subject steps outside for a smoke, heads to the store for a Coke and the store happens to be in the direction of a certain site, that might be enough for them to grab someone and open a new round of questioning/jail/pressure/sleep deprivation/etc.

We see this often with sex offenders released into the community. LE is fearful of a re-offense so they will camp out at the declared site and wait for the offender to put one toe over the property line.

An un survivable amount of blood loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member