Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he shot them wouldn't people have heard gun shots? Maybe they thought it was fireworks?

Other than the loss of blood, I can't think of anything else that would come from a human and indicate that someone was deceased.

My guess is perhaps a chemical that is used to destroy blood? (Forensic counter-measure?) Oil? Paint? Paint-remover? I saw the streak, and don't know what other liquid besides blood it could be. Was it absolutely confirmed to NOT be blood? I thought there was blood, so much so that they figured one person had lost a considerable amount of blood?

If he shot them wouldn't people have heard gun shots? Maybe they thought it was fireworks?

Repeated for anyone who missed it:
Crime was June 30, and Canada Day fireworks and stampede start July 1.

I am curious if the L house is close to the Stampede grounds and if fireworks would be heard from that neighbourhood, that night.

It's close, but not close enough that fireworks could be heard from their house. I could be wrong though.
But they went missing June 30. Stampede didn't start until July 4.
Perhaps there were pre-Canada Day fireworks going off in the area.

ETA: From the L's to the Stampede grounds is 3.3 km (7 mins) by car.
Probably too far away to hear fireworks.

I keep trying to type something, but there just aren't any words, only feelings that I can't even really put into words.

Why anybody, why the grandparents, why Nathan? Why NATHAN ??

My heartfelt condolences, prayers and hugs to the families of Alvin, Kathryn, and sweet little Nathan

:rose::rose::rose:
Hello, I haven't posted anything until now. Your're an amazing bunch of people! Tears are streaming down my face. I have 2 boys and I cannot fathom the pain that JO, RO and the whole family is going through right now. Money is never worth this. My heart just aches for them... my prayers for them will not cease. [emoji22]

Yes I know the date. Here there are many people who light off their fireworks early because they can't handle having fireworks in their possession without blowing off a few.

Yes I know the date. Here there are many people who light off their fireworks early because they can't handle having fireworks in their possession without blowing off a few.

Fireworks are illegal in Calgary

It's impossible for brain matter to create drag marks over 24 feet.

You realize that with brain matter there would also be a great deal of blood?

Meaning...the drag marks were from blood but the brain matter (if this is true) has nothing to do with the drag marks and was likely inside the home.

Fireworks are illegal in Calgary

Doesn't mean people still won't set them off.
I know people who have smuggled fireworks in to the country and have set them off in their yard.
People don't always think.

And they're only illegal if they aren't being set off by professionals or for a special event that has permission to set them off.

Good thinking, matou.
While it wasn't exactly Canada Day, it was what would have been the long weekend Monday and I know in my neighbourhood it wasn't unusual to hear a few odd fireworks go off a day or two before the Tuesday holiday this year. JMO

It's close, but not close enough that fireworks could be heard from their house. I could be wrong though.

Not that it matters in this case because there were no fireworks that night but the Stampede fireworks can be heard at my home which is over 15km from the Stampede grounds.

You realize that with brain matter there would also be a great deal of blood?

Meaning...the drag marks were from blood but the brain matter (if this is true) has nothing to do with the drag marks and was likely inside the home.

The claim is that there was not blood on the sidewalk spanning 24 feet.

No Canada Day Fireworks... But the crime most likely occurred the evening of June 29th.

Probably close enough to not suspect anything from neighbors, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste