Deceased/Not Found Canada - Alvin, 66, & Kathy Liknes, 53, Nathan O'Brien, 5, Calgary, 30 June 2014 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible how the sketches portrayed images so very different from the reality. Scary how "normal" this man appears. Someone one would pass by on the street and offer a courteous hello to. That's what really terrifies me. The monsters in our midst don't really look like monsters do they?

Well said!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some interesting details about DG's past in this article regarding his problem with authority, sense of entitlement and previous weapons and assault charges… Not good to hear this was in an old file.
BBM: "But the documents also refer to several criminal charges for violence Mr. Garland once faced, a two-decades long record for property offences and ongoing “mental health concerns.”

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com...dparents-has-well-honed-sense-of-entitlement/

**Ooops just noticed otto posted this already, duplicate post!***

Great talent! The next thing maybe you should design a prison cell for the killer.

Might I suggest something really small, concrete, foam green, and leave room for a few bunkbeds for violent offenders?

i wonder if LE have linked Garland to the murders of Don and Roxanne Carlson which happened just this past February. perhaps a trial-run by Garland?

Well, if there was anything he wanted to trial-run, it would be the disposal of bodies, but I just looked up that case (never heard of before) and that couple were found dead at home.

Thanks for a loner , he has pretty trendy glasses. JMO and there is no real relevance to this other than I think the way he has been depicted is not exactly what I see now.

I just said the same thing to my husband about Garland's glasses being stylish! To me, this proves he might not exactly be the "outsider" that he's been portrayed to be!

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/parole-do...-interest-in-case-of-missing-family-1.1905184

In the documents upon which the parole board based its decision, a pertinent line about the meth-cook's mental state reads "Assessed by a psychologist as having little violence potential to others."

Instead of serving his 39 month sentence, DG served only a sixth of his sentence.

http://o.canada.com/news/national/b...w-and-mental-health-concerns-documents-reveal

I wonder how much the psychologist who performed the, IMO, sketchy evaluation for the parole board actually knew about the behaviours of meth-heads. I'd like to know how he/she came up with such an appraisal, what tests were used, what criteria were evaluated.

I read a similar article I posted about his previous disturbing background… Scary really.

I really hope that Calgary Police Service also looks into any possible connection between DG and the victims of the Highway of Tears while he was hiding out in Vancouver.

For DG to have been in Vancouver and participated on the Route 16 Highway of Tears:
Each way would be:
I just checked the distance: 788.30 kilometres
Driving time (average): 8 hrs 45 mins

I don't know, here a lot of the time when someone says outside or loner it just really means they keep to themselves or have few friends. Hell I would consider myself a loner most of the time too but that doesn't mean I dress poorly or have no sense of taste! I would just prefer to be myself than with a group of people, and that's what I think they meant when they called him a "loner" kept to himself.

OMG! Garland doesn't look old or frail at all!!!!

He looks strong, healthy and completely capable of physically dragging bodies!!!!

No kidding, who the heck referred to him as "frail"? If he works the farm, he's likely very strong and fit. He also looks a lot taller than I'd imagined, if he wasn't hanging his head in shame he'd be taller than the cops walking with him. What a ...

Do the trendy glasses mean that he could have afforded a lawsuit against Liknes over the patent dispute, instead of murder?

I find it disturbing that he felt relaxed and comfortable enough to find time to shave his beard.

I was just looking back through some of the articles that have been published about the case, and one thing that concerns me is that mental issues have been documented with the person of interest. That might lead to a free pass into a psychiatric institution.

"The records say “mental issues” may have contributed to property offences committed by Garland, who was also convicted of possessing break-in tools at the time of the drug lab conviction."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...or-testing-from-person-of-interests-property/

I know someone who works in the field, and going to a psychiatric institution is far from a free pass.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mental_disorder_defence#Canada

Do the trendy glasses mean that he could have afforded a lawsuit against Liknes over the patent dispute, instead of murder?

My opinion is that this was more passionate - and AL+KL were preparing to leave for an indefinite amount of time.

I really hope that Calgary Police Service also looks into any possible connection between DG and the victims of the Highway of Tears while he was hiding out in Vancouver.
Not sure about this situation, he perhaps murders for money...JMO

No kidding, who the heck referred to him as "frail"? If he works the farm, he's likely very strong and fit. He also looks a lot taller than I'd imagined, if he wasn't hanging his head in shame he'd be taller than the cops walking with him. What a ...

When you see pics of him in relation to others, he does appear shorter and thinner than most. Here is an earlier picture (with his face covered)[modsnip]

Well, if there was anything he wanted to trial-run, it would be the disposal of bodies, but I just looked up that case (never heard of before) and that couple were found dead at home.

If LE are looking into other unsolved cases which may be linked to Garland (as they stated) then I'm fairly sure that they don't mean gas theft. Just speculating on which cases they have in mind, and after looking at LE's unsolved list, none are identical to this one.

My opinion is that this was more passionate - and AL+KL were preparing to leave for an indefinite amount of time.
To me it means that he isn't just a stay at home guy on the Farm as he has been depicted, a loner of sorts. Yes we all know that he steals and takes on people's identity however if charged this horrendous crime it is a different "ballgame".

Who knows who's ID he stole recently perhaps he changed his look for the bank card that he was just recently charged with having in his possession. JMO

When you see pics of him in relation to others, he does appear shorter and thinner than most. Here is an earlier picture (with his face covered)[modsnip]
Is this perhaps the wrong link Dion? I don't see a picture with his face covered??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat